ADVERTISEMENT

THEE 155 MILLION FOOTBALL FACILITY SET

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
To be completed and Grand Opening set for July 1.
Has anyone heard anything more on when the demolition on the South Stadium will begin?
Can't wait when the 300 million plus Stadium Improvement Project gets started and a completion date is announced.

South Stadium Demo is likely to begin the week after the Iowa game on the 24th. I believe fundraising has been going on behind the scenes. Sean Callahan seems to know more than he is allowed to say at this point but has let that out.

Reactions: stucknks
Like to know what becomes of the other facility they were using..

Wonder what they’ll be using it for?

Last edited:

You mean Hawks? My guess is they will still utilize it for football. Maybe allowing other sports more time for use outside of the season. But I really have no information. Just guessing.

Alberts said at one point they were looking at the weight room becoming a possible museum for Nebraska sports. But that was just an idea at that time.

Reactions: scarletred
Man the introductory press conference to hype this facility is a nightmare of the ghosts of Husker past

Moos followed by Frost followed by WanDale Robinson followed by Ron Green

You mean Hawks? My guess is they will still utilize it for football. Maybe allowing other sports more time for use outside of the season. But I really have no information. Just guessing.
No the Hawks champion center is the indoor practice facility..

North stadium lobby, Suh‘s strength and conditioning center, therapy pools and locker room and players lounge..

Reactions: cavalot
Every time the football team gets new facilities, any unneeded old facilities become "hand me downs" passed on to other groups.

Hoping the locker rooms look better than this virtual tour..

Was visualizing something much better than what their showing compared to some of the the other locker rooms I’ve seen from from other newer facilities..

Hoping the locker rooms look better than this virtual tour..

Was visualizing something much better than what their showing compared to some of the the other locker rooms I’ve seen from from other newer facilities..
I saw Omar Hale post a tour on twitter. The guy giving the tour (the one in the video talking about the facility) said they haven’t decided on lockers or chairs yet. These were just an example for the video. I agree the white chairs look cheap and small. I doubt that’s what they will go with and instead just stuck something in the video.

This locker room is going to be massive with giant hot and cold tubs right off of it. You get a better orientation for the floor plan when you watch the walk through video.

I saw Omar Hale post a tour on twitter. The guy giving the tour (the one in the video talking about the facility) said they haven’t decided on lockers or chairs yet. These were just an example for the video. I agree the white chairs look cheap and small. I doubt that’s what they will go with and instead just stuck something in the video.

This locker room is going to be massive with giant hot and cold tubs right off of it. You get a better orientation for the floor plan when you watch the walk through video.
Thanks for the information.. Minnesota Gophers have the largest football locker room in the country..

Looking forward seeing the actual facility being completed and hopefully it will boost the staff’s recruiting efforts in the for see able future..

Thanks for the information.. Minnesota Gophers have the largest football locker room in the country..

Looking forward seeing the actual facility being completed and hopefully it will boost the staff’s recruiting efforts in the for see able future..
A couple of notes:

1st floor
- 85ft long video board in the lobby. Will show games and highlights.
- history/trophy display in lobby for public
- football players lounge - will have a gaming theatre in it with tiered seating for madden tournaments and such
- Equipment room - massive in size
- locker rooms - cold and hot tubs next to it
- athletic training area/recovery space
- new weight room with incline hill for hill training/nutrition fueling station/opens onto new turf field outside

2nd floor
- 25% of this floor is dedicated to nutrition
- all athlete training table and life skills Kitchen (more than double the size of the current one)
- all athlete lounge with indoor and outdoor fireplaces and tons of space to hang out and study
- I believe the lifeskills/academic stuff is on this floor too

3rd floor
- football auditorium (will seat 180+) with tiered seating
- 20-25yd walkthrough field with a giant screen for teaching play alignments/etc
- position meeting rooms
- coaching offices
- football support offices

A couple of notes:

1st floor
- football players lounge - will have a gaming theatre in it with tiered seating for madden tournaments and such
- new weight room with incline hill for hill training/nutrition fueling station/opens onto new turf field outside

2nd floor
- all athlete training table and life skills Kitchen (more than double the size of the current one)
- all athlete lounge with indoor and outdoor fireplaces and tons of space to hang out and study

3rd floor
- 20-25yd walkthrough field with a giant screen for teaching play alignments/etc
- position meeting rooms
- coaching offices
So, now that we have some of the best facilities in the nation......

Fvcking win!! GBR!!

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
A couple of notes:

1st floor

2nd floor

3rd floor
- position meeting rooms
- coaching offices
Very Sweet.

Is this where they get training on how to prepare their own meals? If so...great idea. Put them on a lifetime path of not relying on fast food and Hungry Man TV dinners.
Yep! They learn to cook and get to practice it. They also have like an omlet station, pizza station, etc.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So, now that we have some of the best facilities in the nation......

Fvcking win!! GBR!!
How can we NOT win with a badass walkthrough room?! I could see that being a huge asset and coaches best friend as a tool.

I also remember early on some talk about changing the tunnel to the field to the NE corner of the field. For some reason I remember them saying they would enhance the tunnel walk when they moved it where it’s like the Dallas Cowboys with the glass ceiling where people can look down and see it from above as well as the people lining up next to it. I can’t find any source stating that but I remember it from early conversations. I’m guessing details will begin to emerge closer to summer. There will likely be a tour posted on YouTube sometime in July or August as well.

Reactions: scarletred
This thread is an introduction into the ugly side of Husker football and the real reason we struggle in NIL and why we underperform on the field.

Yes we should be top in NIL. Yes we should be able to match just about anyone for any kid in the nation. Yes kids care about their own cash flow more than having the latest and greatest locker room, wouldn’t you?

Donors contributing to NIL doesn’t help the university like donors contributing to capital campaigns. Capital that the university makes money off of, not only in Husker football but in various other areas.

Not only does the university make lots of money on it, but administrators get kickbacks from the construction companies who make millions on this. And at the end of the day, upgrades of facilities do not directly win football games. You can make an argument that indirectly they do, but that can’t really be proven. However, I can sure make a case for players winning games.

Husker football is now run like the Tribune Company ran the Cubs from 80 to 09 or how the Yawkeys ran the Red Sox before John Henry took over and won 4 titles. The drive to win was never the goal. The goal is to make money for as many people as possible with very low emphasis on making money for players.

Husker fundraisers pushed donors to focus on massive upgrades that aren’t needed and they sold it to make Husker football more competitive and they manipulated the focus off of NIL. Something that would truly make Husker football way more competitive but doesn’t make others as rich. The sick side of Husker football, removing the most important aspect, the players

We all know why the Sox and Cubs went so long without winning ships when you look into ownerships mission. There never was a curse of the bambino or the curse of the Billy goat.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
This thread is an introduction into the ugly side of Husker football and the real reason we struggle in NIL and why we underperform on the field.

Yes we should be top in NIL. Yes we should be able to match just about anyone for any kid in the nation. Yes kids care about their own cash flow more than having the latest and greatest locker room, wouldn’t you?

Donors contributing to NIL doesn’t help the university like donors contributing to capital campaigns. Capital that the university makes money off of, not only in Husker football but in various other areas.

Not only does the university make lots of money on it, but administrators get kickbacks from the construction companies who make millions on this. And at the end of the day, upgrades of facilities do not directly win football games. You can make an argument that indirectly they do, but that can’t really be proven. However, I can sure make a case for players winning games.

Husker football is now run like the Tribune Company ran the Cubs from 80 to 09 or how the Yawkeys ran the Red Sox before John Henry took over and won 4 titles. The drive to win was never the goal. The goal is to make money for as many people as possible with very low emphasis on making money for players.

Husker fundraisers pushed donors to focus on massive upgrades that aren’t needed and they sold it to make Husker football more competitive and they manipulated the focus off of NIL. Something that would truly make Husker football way more competitive but doesn’t make others as rich. The sick side of Husker football, removing the most important aspect, the players

We all know why the Sox and Cubs went so long without winning ships when you look into ownerships mission. There never was a curse of the bambino or the curse of the Billy goat.
I suggest you go look up on YouTube Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Tennessee, ATM, if you don’t think we needed upgrade in our football facilities you’d be sadly mistaken..

At this point they should just come up with a plan to cover 14th Street to Stadium Drive and R to vine.

I suggest you go look up on YouTube Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Tennessee, ATM, if you don’t think we needed upgrade in our football facilities you’d be sadly mistaken..
Been to 3 of those stadiums. Brother in law is a professor in Tuscaloosa and have had multiple visits to Bryant- Denny pretty much all thru the whole stadium. You make it sound like Lincoln is way off and some sort of 3rd world country, which it’s not. Not even close. You come off like one of the universities useful idiots or have some personal stake in the build.

A&M, Bama, and Tennessee all have massive NIL funds. But go ahead and tell yourself it’s the stadium. LOL. kids be like, I don’t care how much I get paid, matters more where I hang my shoes. 😂

Also The number one recruit in 22 went to Jackson state. How are those facilities? He got paid though. He got a lot paid. LA Memorial Coliseum still an old ass shithole. SC has a strong NIL. And ofcourse the college doesn’t own that stadium either. Getting paid matters more then some flashy sign on the locker. That’s not an opinion.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Been to 3 of those stadiums. Brother in law is a professor in Tuscaloosa and have had multiple visits to Bryant- Denny pretty much all thru the whole stadium. You make it sound like Lincoln is way off and some sort of 3rd world country, which it’s not. Not even close. You come off like one of the universities useful idiots or have some personal stake in the build.

A&M, Bama, and Tennessee all have massive NIL funds. But go ahead and tell yourself it’s the stadium. LOL. kids be like, I don’t care how much I get paid, matters more where I hang my shoes. 😂

Also The number one recruit in 22 went to Jackson state. How are those facilities? He got paid though. He got a lot paid. LA Memorial Coliseum still an old ass shithole. SC has a strong NIL. And ofcourse the college doesn’t own that stadium either. Getting paid matters more then some flashy sign on the locker. That’s not an opinion.
Never said NIL money wasn’t important but all those schools built massive facilities, Bama was more than 340 Million and I’m not talking about just the stadiums like LA coliseum
were it’s on a bad part of town…

The kid you mentioned that went to Jackson St because of Deon, who he followed to Boulder now.. Also read they have very little NIL money for the players in Colorado…

The thing that pisses me off is that we dump money into fb like no other, but there isn’t any return. The are SPOILED! Make them eat PB&J ? Bologna sandwiches and lift buckets of concrete and sand bags. You win you get the good stuff!

Entitlement kills teams and there is no team in the county more entitled than our fb team. EARN IT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT