ADVERTISEMENT

The Struggles vs Top 25 Teams Continue

And how long since Matt Rhule beat a ranked team?

Here are all of them...

TEMPLE
11/01/14 - East Carolina #21
11/21/15 - Memphis #21
12/03/16 - Navy #19

BAYLOR
N/A

NEBRASKA
N/A

So, the answer as of this post is...2,849 days.

And 20 straight losses against ranked opponents.

We're a match made in heaven 😞

• Sad
Reactions: CameronKrazie86
It's a reality check. They had opportunities to win. But one thing is certain- Illinois was the better team in the 4th quarter and was the dominant team in overtime. We were the tired team. We played tight. Illinois embraced the moment and played like it.

I think the feeling of angst and dread among the fans in the stadium is so intense that the players can feel it down on the field. The fans aren't to blame for the loss obviously but the history of all of this-- like a sports fan PTSD-- gives off a losing energy.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
It's a reality check. They had opportunities to win. But one thing is certain- Illinois was the better team in the 4th quarter and was the dominant team in overtime. We were the tired team. We played tight. Illinois embraced the moment and played like it.

I think the feeling of angst and dread among the fans in the stadium is so intense that the players can feel it down on the field. The fans aren't to blame for the loss obviously but the history of all of this-- like a sports fan PTSD-- gives off a losing energy.
Fans have watched the scene play out 30 or so times the last few years. We have the best QB in 30 years and I’m afraid his excellent talent will be fruitless unless the defense and special teams start to play at least a little better and they stop the stupid penalties like grabbing face mask while opponent is being tackled. Or punching an opponent twice (I know some will say he was punching the ball but the guy had been tackled already).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT