ADVERTISEMENT

The NFL still doesn't have a handle on its racism problem

The failure rate among NFL coaches is very high, black or white. Owners are impatient and make rash decisions. There have been enough successful black coaches that there should be more opportunities IMO.

Reactions: RedMyMind and 54T
We make light of racism, we have no compunction about smearing anybody/everybody we choose with a claim of racism.

We all want to point our righteous indignant finger hither and thither but never apply the same rules to ourselves.

So the way we throw around accusations of racism for everybody else why not go there?

Have the guts to apply your standards to yourself or your school?

fact- I took a walk through the 22 current head coaches of Nebraska. Nary a black man or woman among them. Nope, not one.

fact- Nebraska football has had 30 head coaches, guess the color of 100% of them. A composite picture looks like a Klan rally in Red & White Letterman Jackets.

fact- SF is a ginger to boot! Son, that is whiter than white, UNL making a statement? (Asking for a Racially Sensitive friend.)

fact- Nebraska has had hundreds of head coaches over the past 153 years.

But lookie here....Nebraska has never had a black head coach in any sport!

fact- Only Big10 team that can say that. Guess it must must be a big8/12 thing.

fact- But then you guys did practice slavery way back when so...knowhatimean?

fact- NFL is 1 of 32. 3%
fact- Nebraska is 0 of hundreds 0%

fact- 3% > 0%. You hyperventalating finger pointers agree or disagree that relative to the NFL, Nebraska sucks? I mean...math, right?

The reason of course, the inherent racism of the people of State of Nebraska and the fans of the University of Nebraska.

There is no other possible answer.

Why do Nebraskans hate black people so much?

Can monkey explain this?

Go Blue!
I'm not entirely sure where you are going with this rant, but Nebraska was a territory in 1861, not a state and it outlawed slavery even though it was not practiced in the territory. Nebraska sent soldiers to fight for the Union. Stop talking nonsense.

I'm not entirely sure where you are going with this rant, but Nebraska was a territory in 1861, not a state and it outlawed slavery even though it was not practiced in the territory. Nebraska sent soldiers to fight for the Union. Stop talking nonsense.
Lol, right over your head.
Go Blue!

Brian Flores is what guts and leadership looks like. Would rather he coach the Cowboys than McCarthy.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Where you going with this?

Name me other schools who have never hired a black head coach in any sport too..

Someone correct if I’m wrong but I haven’t noticed any black college baseball coaches…
I asked because I could not remember one. Was hoping someone else could. If it’s true that there has never been a black head coach on campus, I would venture a guess that puts NU in the minority of schools. Many schools, probably most, have had at least one. Hell I think even Iowa has had a couple.

No reason to get your panties in a wad about it. It is likely because 32 multi billion dollar teams have all came to the same conclusions on a qualified pool of coaches, that dont include many if any black guys. Do you believe teams have turned down a coach solely based on his color? If teams were forced to hire sight unseen, only based on resume, and coaching relationships, you would continue to see white coaches dominate the market.
Sortof a vicious cycle, no? Almost like... systemic racism?

How many Trans Albino orchestra players in leadership roles? huh?...
DamSJQT.gif

• Haha
Reactions: yunginsNU2
Well, at least you are being honest about your belief that whites are superior. Most others on here espouse every pro-white stance, take exception to every complaint by non-whites, but then deny that they think whites are superior.
Black folks in general are superior at many positions on the field and it's OK to say that. Why is it some white supremacy crap to say white people in general have been better coaches?

Maybe black coaches should just be better at their jobs.

Go Blue!

this is not the place to discuss the pros/cons of a meritocracy
we have a 15-29 hanger-on/coach who is being retained solely because he is a legacy

Last edited:
Reactions: vic.valiant
this is not the place to discuss the pros/cons of a meritocracy
we have a 15-29 hanger-on/coach who is being retained solely because he is a legacy
Nice troll attempt but let's keep focus on the thread and topic itself.

We make light of racism, we have no compunction about smearing anybody/everybody we choose with a claim of racism.

We all want to point our righteous indignant finger hither and thither but never apply the same rules to ourselves.

So the way we throw around accusations of racism for everybody else why not go there?

Have the guts to apply your standards to yourself or your school?

fact- I took a walk through the 22 current head coaches of Nebraska. Nary a black man or woman among them. Nope, not one.

fact- Nebraska football has had 30 head coaches, guess the color of 100% of them. A composite picture looks like a Klan rally in Red & White Letterman Jackets.

fact- SF is a ginger to boot! Son, that is whiter than white, UNL making a statement? (Asking for a Racially Sensitive friend.)

fact- Nebraska has had hundreds of head coaches over the past 153 years.

But lookie here....Nebraska has never had a black head coach in any sport!

fact- Only Big10 team that can say that. Guess it must must be a big8/12 thing.

fact- But then you guys did practice slavery way back when so...knowhatimean?

fact- NFL is 1 of 32. 3%
fact- Nebraska is 0 of hundreds 0%

fact- 3% > 0%. You hyperventalating finger pointers agree or disagree that relative to the NFL, Nebraska sucks? I mean...math, right?

The reason of course, the inherent racism of the people of State of Nebraska and the fans of the University of Nebraska.

There is no other possible answer.

Why do Nebraskans hate black people so much?

Can monkey explain this?

Go Blue!
Great post !!

woke nfl likes to talk out of both sides of their mouth. just go out there and do it. easy to figure out there are at least 20 also rans that it wouldnt make any difference, so why not.
one of my best friends in my early college days was 1/4 mexican, 1/4 white, 1/4 black, and 1/4 indian. look for someone like this to hire as our next head bb coach and later on as a head football coach.
absolutely nothing to loose here. might even get something started.

players don't always make good coaches
Exactly!!! The only current HC that had a meaningful NFL career as a player is Mike Vrabel.

There's only a handful of asst. coaches that played siginificantly in the NFL.

Conclusion: NFL Players are not the breeding grounds of future NFL coaches.

Why are there no Cheerleaders coaching NFL teams???

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
woke nfl likes to talk out of both sides of their mouth. just go out there and do it. easy to figure out there are at least 20 also rans that it wouldnt make any difference, so why not.
one of my best friends in my early college days was 1/4 mexican, 1/4 white, 1/4 black, and 1/4 indian. look for someone like this to hire as our next head bb coach and later on as a head football coach.
absolutely nothing to loose here. might even get something started.
My favorite is the commercial the NFL runs with black actors talking about housing and jobs compared to whites. One guy says "I'll make $10,000 less than a white person with the same qualifications." Of course, everyone's background, education, and experiences differ, so the comparison is flimsy, at best, but it is a beautiful thing, the NFL pushing inequities of black vs. white, and now this lawsuit.

The Rooney Rule literally forces this. If the Giants decided they wanted to go with Daboll but are forced to interview a minority coach, what are they supposed to do?

That being said, Eric Bieniemy deserves a head coaching gig.
I'm surprised benemy doesn't go to ucla
1. I allways heard he's the best at so. cal recruiting
2. ucla is lib pac 10, who probably don't care about priors
3. he could have gotten caleb, and got a jump on riley'
4. I'm not writing the chiefs off, but there's new young nfl qb's in town
5. mel tucker signed 100 million contract...for wining the games he should. so there's good money out there
6. the nfl hates the flag and is racist
7. even though there has been decline, ucla cheerleaders still are better then what we got, i think
powder blue & gold may not be feared on the gridiron, but it sure works on the womens

Last edited:
So, help me understand, and really I don't even know the guy, but didn't Brian Flores get hired to be a head coach? A black man was hired as a head coach and was fired. So what was the problem, was he fired because he lost or because he was black? Why was he hired in the first place? Because he was black or a good football coach?

Vic.valiant,
Nebraska was one of the first schools to ever play African American in football, George Flippin went to Nebraska 1891-1894 and was the very first African American at the university of Nebraska…

Hardly call Nebraska a racist school just because it hasn’t hired a black Head Coach and you know as well as I Nebraska has had a lot of black assistant coaches that have coached at the university..

Lucky for you Michigan just hired a player who played basketball at Michigan in Juan Howard…

Only 14 African Americans are head coaches of 128 college football teams..
Only 13 African Americans are head coaches in basketball..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT