ADVERTISEMENT

The NFL still doesn't have a handle on its racism problem

The Rooney Rule literally forces this. If the Giants decided they wanted to go with Daboll but are forced to interview a minority coach, what are they supposed to do?

That being said, Eric Bieniemy deserves a head coaching gig.
Eric Bienemy does not deserve a head coaching gig. If he had the right stuff, he'd have a job by now. I think he's been sized up correctly. He needs to switch teams and prove himself. As it is, he looks like the guy who holds Andy Reids menu.

Damn creating a quota for interviews could end up being a problem, who couldnā€™t have seen this happen? Surprised this hasnā€™t been the subject of a lawsuit before this.

Like many things in life are well meaning but the process to implement it usually ends up with more new problems to solve

So the article says the league has unfair hiring practices based on a rule that tells them who they have to interview based only on race?

I don't pretend to know what is going on behind the scenes but I am pretty certain every owner wants to win more than anything. So in a case of racial spite they hire a white person knowing they aren't the best option?

Then they point out how there is progress in the GM hires so why the difference? I don't have answers just questions.

Last edited:
Heard something the other day and it clicked with me...
How many whites or hispanics or asians are in the NFL compared to blacks? Its not close and why? Becauae they are better..not because of the color of lf their skin...... do you believe for one second an asian CB should get put into a starting role because there are not enough asians on a team.. this is stupid where the "fairness" goes equality has tried to take the place of just good business..

To all you delicate sorts that get their panties in a bunch every time race is mentioned in a game dominated by African Americans for decades: explain why there is currently only one NFL head coach.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Eric Bienemy does not deserve a head coaching gig. If he had the right stuff, he'd have a job by now. I think he's been sized up correctly. He needs to switch teams and prove himself. As it is, he looks like the guy who holds Andy Reids menu.
I always thought Bienemy wasnā€™t hired due to past legal issues. I just read them on Wikipediaā€¦ doesnā€™t sound that bad. And a long time ago. If Daboll gets a HC job coaching the Bills, youā€™d think Bienemy should get a sniff.
Personally I like Leftwich better

I donā€™t pretend know how Flores coaches or interacted with his players or organization, but he seemed like a coach that did pretty well in Miami considering the talent and expectations. Talk all the sh!t you want, but he knows this move damaged his chances to ever coach again. Pretty gutsy because this affects him and his family for the rest of their lives. This decision wasnt an easy one and I respect him for carrying that kind of weight. Big balls.

To all you delicate sorts that get their panties in a bunch every time race is mentioned in a game dominated by African Americans for decades: explain why there is currently only one NFL head coach.
No reason to get your panties in a wad about it. It is likely because 32 multi billion dollar teams have all came to the same conclusions on a qualified pool of coaches, that dont include many if any black guys. Do you believe teams have turned down a coach solely based on his color? If teams were forced to hire sight unseen, only based on resume, and coaching relationships, you would continue to see white coaches dominate the market.

No reason to get your panties in a wad about it. It is likely because 32 multi billion dollar teams have all came to the same conclusions on a qualified pool of coaches, that dont include many if any black guys. Do you believe teams have turned down a coach solely based on his color? If teams were forced to hire sight unseen, only based on resume, and coaching relationships, you would continue to see white coaches dominate the market.
okay then...

Heard something the other day and it clicked with me...
How many whites or hispanics or asians are in the NFL compared to blacks? Its not close and why? Becauae they are better..not because of the color of lf their skin...... do you believe for one second an asian CB should get put into a starting role because there are not enough asians on a team.. this is stupid where the "fairness" goes equality has tried to take the place of just good business..
That is the thing though. A sport full of black players yet only one current head coach. For whatever reason aspiring black coaches are not getting the same opportunity. And it isnt "just business." We all could list off all the garbage white coaches of the last 20 years.

• Haha
Well, at least you are being honest about your belief that whites are superior. Most others on here espouse every pro-white stance, take exception to every complaint by non-whites, but then deny that they think whites are superior.

That is the thing though. A sport full of black players yet only one current head coach. For whatever reason aspiring black coaches are not getting the same opportunity. And it isnt "just business." We all could list off all the garbage white coaches of the last 20 years.
And black coaches who were succeeding but got fired anyway, like Jim Caldwell or Brian Flores.

That is the problem. It isnt "just because of skin color" but their pool of coaches as you point out includes very few black coaches. That needs to change. Obviously their pool of candidates is extremely flawed considering all the bad coaches that get second chances before others get a first.

That is the problem. It isnt "just because of skin color" but their pool of coaches as you point out includes very few black coaches. That needs to change. Obviously their pool of candidates is extremely flawed considering all the bad coaches that get second chances before others get a first.
I guess i dont see why skin color matters at all. I guess some people just fixate on race.

Well, at least you are being honest about your belief that whites are superior. Most others on here espouse every pro-white stance, take exception to every complaint by non-whites, but then deny that they think whites are superior.
You are an idiot. It has nothing to do with skin color. You just want there to be racism. Sickening. I hope you dont have children.

Damn creating a quota for interviews could end up being a problem, who couldnā€™t have seen this happen? Surprised this hasnā€™t been the subject of a lawsuit before this.

Like many things in life are well meaning but the process to implement it usually ends up with more new problems to solve
Yes, who really hires someone based on skin color in the nfl. I mean if I have two equal applicants, one is black and one is white, I can tell you I am not hiring the white one. Who needs this shit?

Pretty hard to defend 1 for 32. Don't like the 'suit, but 1 for 32 isn't good enough either. Not sure what the answer is.

The Rooney Rule literally forces this. If the Giants decided they wanted to go with Daboll but are forced to interview a minority coach, what are they supposed to do?

That being said, Eric Bieniemy deserves a head coaching gig.
Couldnā€™t agree more with your first paragraph. Couldnā€™t agree less with your second.

What is everyoneā€™s obsession with Bienemy? Heā€™s not even the leader of his offense. Andy Reid is. The last time someone poached Reidā€™s ceremonious OC it resulted in the coach (Nagy) sucking.

There have been black HCs hired since the Bienemy infatuation began. Even if itā€™s true that most NFL execs are racist (itā€™s not), if Bienemy was an epic HC candidate as his fanboys suggest, why didnā€™t he get hired over the other black HCs that did?

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong please...

But has Nebraska ever had a black head coach? In any sport? Ever? I donā€™t remember one.
Where you going with this?

Name me other schools who have never hired a black head coach in any sport too..

Someone correct if Iā€™m wrong but I havenā€™t noticed any black college baseball coachesā€¦

Well this thread is interesting, opinions galore, facts where?

The league is made up primarily of black players so that means there should be more black coaches? Seriously? How many players actually become coaches in the NFL? Is that a standard?

These owners are a collective group of racists? They are, in fact, so steeped in racism they would rather pass on a black coach to take an inferior white coach and keep losing? Oh I get it.

I am finding logic and facts in any of this just feelings, opinions and the screams of racism without evidence. But then, that is the direction we are headed in our cancel culture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT