ADVERTISEMENT

The mind of Aaron Hernandez

Very good. Learned some things I didn't know. He was a tragically sad case on several different levels.

The show was very interesting, but they tried to make it look like he had almost zero responsibility for his own actions.

The show was very interesting, but they tried to make it look like he had almost zero responsibility for his own actions.

Isn’t that sadly the acceptable way for a too large part of society if something bad happens. Has to be some reason other than the person who committed the actions. Needs to change

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
What did repressed homosexuality and CTE have to do with his murders? Apparently something, according to the documentary. But the first link is preposterous and when it came to expand on the second they instead profiled Junior Seau and let their audience draw their own wild conclusions. I found it hard to take seriously after that point but I’d agree that it was interesting/entertaining.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Didn't think I would like it but, yes it was very good and surprising. Only 3 episodes.

I watched the one one reels network and there may be a 4th murder. Guy just lived with no consequences
Yeah just amazing how he went on with life as normal. Even when in jail, he acted like no big deal. His sense of reality was seriously warped. Be interesting to know if he was like that as a little kid or if it all started after the football,brain/ concussion stuff.

Isn’t that sadly the acceptable way for a too large part of society if something bad happens. Has to be some reason other than the person who committed the actions. Needs to change

The doc does a good job of diving into his life, and explaining the issues that were going on for him. They even end the doc by stating, tons of NFL players get CTE brain damage, but not all of them turn into murderous sociopaths. So, something was already going on with Hernandez, but after examining his brain, that researcher concludes he had "advanced" CTE damage. They then list out how the effects of that are poor impulse control, emotional mood swings, inability to totally process what is going on, etc.

This is not a comment on society, this is just what happened to a particularly troubled guy who got brain damage from playing a specific sport that is known to put one at risk for brain damage.

Yeah just amazing how he went on with life as normal. Even when in jail, he acted like no big deal. His sense of reality was seriously warped. Be interesting to know if he was like that as a little kid or if it all started after the football,brain/ concussion stuff.

I think it had more to do with growing up with an abusive father that was admired by everyone around him even though his mother was treated like shit. He saw his father get away with everything and was a god to him. Then after his idol died his mother started dating one of his best friends boyfriends. It was easy to see how he was going to go down the wrong path unfortunately. I feel like they made more out of the closet thing and CTE more than a guy that just thought he could do no wrong.

It pretty clearly showed he had no real grasp of reality. The incredible amount of evidence he left behind for the Odin Lloyd murder was staggering.

It pretty clearly showed he had no real grasp of reality. The incredible amount of evidence he left behind for the Odin Lloyd murder was staggering.

Right! Remember they also said, the prison guards were kind of freaked out about how comfortable he was with prison life. They were like, "That's not normal."

So, I guess what I'm saying is, something was very off. Later, when they examined his brain and found all of that damage, and that he exhibited plenty of signs of that damage, that kind of confirmed that his grasp on reality was not good.

Netflix show is good.

Discovery ID Channel is also running a 2-part series this coming week.

I haven't seen the Netflix show yet, but that is on the to do list. I watched the first episode of the 2 part series on ID channel last night.

Plan and simple the guy was a sociopath.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT