ADVERTISEMENT

The last 3 games the onus was on the defense to win, this week

It falls on the offense to win. The RB's need to nut up and run with their hair on fire and with an effin attitude. The line needs to protect DR. DR needs to trust the system. If the offense does not control the TOP, it will be a long game. Time to see if Satterfield is worth his salt...
Totally agree

After watching Indiana and how they operate it looks like they utilize the run to set up the pass in many cases via play-action which is something I wish we would do a little more. I think we'll need to get at least 150 yards on the ground to win/control clock and Dylan will need to avoid the sack and accept 3-5 yard run/slide once and a while. Don't take the hit if you don't need to, keep the chains moving and please kick/make a field goal special teams.

I still think the onus is on the defense. I’m curious how are DBs matchup against their receivers and if TW has cooked up any new coverages or blitzes.

When it comes to the offense I think it’ll remain the discombobulated mess it is until proven otherwise. The offense isn’t designed to have a great run game, it’s meant to go through DR. And unfortunately I’m not sure we have the talent at WR to make the big game changing plays we need to make consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Is there reason to believe Indiana will run the ball all that well?

Illinois ran for 166 against us and Indiana is averaging 60 yards more per game.

Indiana is balanced so we will likely have 6 in box most plays If we stop run without bringing up safeties we have great shot.

If run defense plays like it did against Illinois, we will need at least 34 to win which we haven't done to Big opponent since Indiana in 22.

Reactions: cavalot
I still think the onus is on the defense. I’m curious how are DBs matchup against their receivers and if TW has cooked up any new coverages or blitzes.

When it comes to the offense I think it’ll remain the discombobulated mess it is until proven otherwise. The offense isn’t designed to have a great run game, it’s meant to go through DR. And unfortunately I’m not sure we have the talent at WR to make the big game changing plays we need to make consistently.
I think the Polar Bear and the Vanilla Gorilla will have a great game pressuring up the middle and destroying the rushing attack. This should make the QB uncomfortable and hopefully gun-shy. Williams should be able to clean up on the outside. Tony made his adjustments last game and I'm sure he has done more.

I am hoping with the week off, DR's brain can settle down and digest the last 3 defenses. Hopefully, Satt evaluated the last 6 games and now has a new game plan for the remainder of the season. It should be different because of game film of successes and failures.

Illinois ran for 166 against us and Indiana is averaging 60 yards more per game.

Indiana is balanced so we will likely have 6 in box most plays If we stop run without bringing up safeties we have great shot.

If run defense plays like it did against Illinois, we will need at least 34 to win which we haven't done to Big opponent since Indiana in 22.
You need to go deeper than that. Illinois and Indiana have zero common opponents as of now. So comparing the two in a head to head matchup is pointless until there is some sort of commonality. If the schedules were were reversed, would the averages be the same????? Who knows? I do know that making guesses about how many points Nebraska has to score or how many players Nebraska will have to play in the box to stop Indiana's run game based on how Nebraska played against Illinois is not really all that relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT