ADVERTISEMENT

The interception

Baxter48

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010
Gods country
Can someone explain to me why the pass to Lloyd was an interception, I was always under the impression that a simultaneous catch goes to the offense? The defensive player didn’t have possession until he wrestled it away on the ground, one the receiver hits the ground isn’t the play dead?

Can someone explain to me why the pass to Lloyd was an interception, I was always under the impression that a simultaneous catch goes to the offense? The defensive player didn’t have possession until he wrestled it away on the ground, one the receiver hits the ground isn’t the play dead?
They said Lloyd never possessed the ball. He got lazy on the catch and never fully possessed it.

What was your opinion? I thought he caught the ball but didn’t hang onto it like he should have
It was close to bobbling it, not having possession, which unfortunately he did not. The defender got his hands on it, rolled away to give him more control of it than Lloyd.

It's not just a body part hitting the ground. He has to maintain possession all the way through the catch, which he didn't.

I think most people were surprised DR came out for that series. Good learning lesson for all Huskers involved. Close doesn't always work.

I think most people were surprised DR came out for that series. Good learning lesson for all Huskers involved. Close doesn't always work.
Are you suggesting because of the interception he was pulled for the next series? If so, I respectfully disagree.

Lloyd only had one hand on the ball the defender had 2. It was called an interception if the referee calls it a catch it would have stayed a catch.
At one point as they are going to the ground, both of Lloyd's hands come off the ball. After that, it looked to me as if the DB got possession before the wrestling match started.

I hated to see Raiola get an INT, but the call was correct in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT