ADVERTISEMENT

The interception

Receivers blocked better but hopefully they get chewed out for not getting better separation from the opposing DB’s, at the line of scrimmage, and allowing the strip/interception. Illinois defense as a whole, are going to be better then NIU.

Receivers blocked better but hopefully they get chewed out for not getting better separation from the opposing DB’s, at the line of scrimmage, and allowing the strip/interception. Illinois defense as a whole, are going to be better then NIU.
Don’t think it was Lloyd’s fault for no separation. If DR leads him a bit more, the DB has no play on the ball, in my opinion.

80% Lloyd’s fault for the int, but DR could have led him better… that said, what a pretty throw for a deep ball, still on the money and catchable.

It's an int. Lloyd didn't pull the ball in fully. If you catch the ball such as that and drop it when you touch the ground, it would be incomplete. Instead he hit the ground getting the ball pulled out, but ball never hit the ground. Interception.

Lloyd needs to go up stronger and Raiola needs to lead that throw a bit more to the outside shoulder. Not a bad first interception at all.

Lloyd certified about did NOT high point the ball. I didn’t read the entire thread but if the ball was thrown a little more outside he would not have had to jump and allow the DB to catch up.

Regardless, he mistimed his jump and the ball bounced between his hands and arms which allowed the defender to join in. Lloyd never had possession to any letter of the rule. As it was bouncing around the back gained control headed to the ground. If you go by maintaining possession throughout the play, Lloyd never did that.

Then ask if this were reversed and it was our D back what wouod you think?

watch the replay is slow mo.
I thought he had a legitimate one hand/arm around the ball against his chest and hit the ground. Play dead if running back. Guess not if receiver. It sure could have been ruled dual possession. Hard to overturn the call on the field. Didn't think Rhule should have been forced to use challenge. That review should have come from upstairs etc. I know they said on tv that they already reviewed it. I'd like to know how 🤔. There wasn't enough time for that done thoroughly imo

• Love
Reactions: huntered
I confess I don’t know the exact rule differences between HS and college on a simultaneous catch but I have seen plenty of them in HS games. I think the rules guy explained it pretty well - both have to have possession as in both hands (4 total) on the ball and both come down at the same time.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT