ADVERTISEMENT

The hospitality and the greatness of Nebraska Fans.

Garry61

Walk On
Jul 30, 2011
Auburn, Al.
We have planned the trip to Nebraska for the opening game of the year in May of this year. We booked rooms at the Cornhusker Marriott, very nice. Being from Alabama we purchased tickets from Stub Hub which turned out to be very expensive, but well worth the experience. This was my wife and my first game at Memorial Stadium and we were extremely excited. Driving 930 miles from Birmingham Alabama was long and tiring, but we got to town early. We hit all the Nebraska Gift shoppes, and even enjoyed a Runza or two. Now to the part of the story that turned the heads and hearts of my wife and me. We went to the September 5 game against BYU, as I said we bought the tickets on Stub Hub. As we were sitting in the seats that we purchased for $500.00 a gentleman approached me and said you are in my seats to which I showed him my tickets and he stated that he and his family has had these tickets since 1939. To make along story short Stub Hub goofed no seats for my wife and I except that the very nice gentleman found out that we were from Alabama and we travel 14 hours to get there and that we paid that much money. He insisted on us staying right where we were and that nobody would ask us to move from those seats. He and his father walked the stadium and even came back to check with us during the game. Needless to say he didn't have to do that, but that is what makes Nebraska Fans so great. Thank You sir for your sacrifice. We will be back every year from now on. We even made a contact for the seats in that same area for face value. Thanks for allowing us to enjoy such a wonderful game no matter what the outcome. Go Big Red.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.