ADVERTISEMENT

The hail mary from a few different angles.

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
thumbnail_2_f51347d7_v2.jpg

55eb7ddf16b37.image.jpg

55eb80fba0995.image.jpg

byu_hailmary_ypgcg5u4_2z9k31me.jpg

BYU

920x920.jpg

nebraska-assistant-drops-to-knees-after-byu-hail-mary.gif

Hindsight is always 20/20, but man I wish Gifford and/or Gerry would have just smacked him and knocked him forward. Jumping with him took away the opportunity to force him away from the goal line.

Say what you want but this is overall poor coaching. These players are not in a good position to make the play. There are three BYU players and none have a Husker in front of them which leaves them open to receive the ball. Williams may have been the designate "front guy" but is late to the party.

I told my wife before the play they will cut block the three man rush and roll right so he can step into the throw. Do anything to keep him from setting his feet and throwing it. Even I didn't think it would be that easy. The D line didn't put up a whimper. I don't want to be over critical but that entire series was not well played.

Reactions: RedSea
banderas turned and watched the guy go down the field should have at least delivered a hit at LOS. all around defensive fail

Reactions: RedSea
Say what you want but this is overall poor coaching. These players are not in a good position to make the play.

Say what you want but I guarantee coach Riley, Banker and every other coach with a voice during the timeout told someone to stay in front and of the closest player to the goal line.

Matter of fact....

And obviously we need to have someone in front of him rather than behind him at that point. We must have been out of position at that point over there.

Bad thing about the whole thing is the ball wasn't even touched.. They went straight for the player when everyone and their moms knows to play the damn ball. It wasn't even caught at it's highest point, they gave up a damn body catch.. Unbelievable

It was really bad all the way around.
If it ever happens again you can definitely blame the coach's. Can't really do that too much in this case. They have done A Ton since first stepping foot on campus. That obviously just hadn't been addressed yet.
We all see the areas that need the most help immediately. Lets watch and see if they show improvement. Thats how we can judge the coaches. not by the first game ever. come on... thats ridiculous.

Reactions: arf_man
That ball did hang in the air for a good long while though, what the heck were the players in the back doing back there?
Crazy...
I guess its a good time to lose and learn if you had to choose? lol
I am trying to move on I promise. Just Kills me how stupid that was

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT