ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Fish....

Here are the guys rated 5.7 (highest 3 star ranking) or above that are still on our board. Let me know if I missed someone and I will try and keep this somewhat updated.

5 stars (6.1 ranking)
Joseph Lewis--WR
Foster Sarell--OT
Tyler Shelvin--DT
Darnay Holmes--CB/WR

4 Stars (5.9 ranking)
Greg Johnson--CB
Chuck Filiaga--OT
Deommodore Lenoir--CB
Elijah Blades--CB

4 Star (5.8 ranking)
Nick Robinson--TE/WR
Isaac Slade-Matautia--LB
Jamire Calvin--WR
Robert Beal--DE
Lynn Bowden--WR

3 Star (5.7 ranking)
Gavin Holmes--WR
Damion Daniels--DT
Kamren Curl--DB

Committed (guys at/above 5.7 ranking)
Tristan Gebbia-- QB (5.9)
Avery Roberts--LB (5.9)
Jaevon McQuitty--WR (5.8)
Keyshawn Johnson Jr.--WR (5.8)
Guy Thomas--DE (5.8)
Brenden Jaimes--OL (5.7)

Bump. Tough one.

Removed: Sarell, Filigia, Calvin, D. Holmes and Tyler Shelvin

Added: WR Bryan Thompson.

Hawkins a good one. Faster than Calvin, I think slightly bigger. Not as refined yet. Dr Route can fix that. Of course Calvin is welcome to change his mind.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
At this point, I would rather go with: Holmes, Hawkins, Bowden, etc.

I'm still really not all that worried about the receiver position at all. Defensive end....That's a different story. I'd also like to see us actually close on some defensive backs.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
I'm still really not all that worried about the receiver position at all. Defensive end....That's a different story. I'd also like to see us actually close on some defensive backs.
No doubt, I have very little doubt we end up with an outstanding WR class and DE is dicey. We need impact DE's bad and if we loose Guy Thomas, we could completely strike out at the position.

Reactions: HuskerNorm
No doubt, I have very little doubt we end up with an outstanding WR class and DE is dicey. We need impact DE's bad and if we loose Guy Thomas, we could completely strike out at the position.

DE is the only position I'm worried about. The Williams duo will find capable players, whether they are big names or under the radar guys. There's a few names of some under the radar guys that DW was looking at with Zona that may still yet get an offer with us.

DE is the only position I'm worried about. The Williams duo will find capable players, whether they are big names or under the radar guys. There's a few names of some under the radar guys that DW was looking at with Zona that may still yet get an offer with us.
Not as worried about DE in this class as some on here are. Reasons after signing day. Thomas might be enough.

Not as worried about DE in this class as some on here are. Reasons after signing day. Thomas might be enough.

Yah I'm not tremendously worried. I have great faith in Parella as a developer of OK talent if we have to go the "blue collar" route.

Yah I'm not tremendously worried. I have great faith in Parella as a developer of OK talent if we have to go the "blue collar" route.
I think we'll have better than "blue collar" talent at DE. Could be wrong. A difference maker in this class at DE would be a very good thing in any case. Can never have enough of those kind of guys.

Our 2018 schedule is a bitch! I'm worried about corner after next year! I'd like to see them get a couple stud Juco corners and redshirt them next year.

Our 2018 schedule is a bitch! I'm worried about corner after next year! I'd like to see them get a couple stud Juco corners and redshirt them next year.

All the top corners are off the board. One just committed to tOSU.

How many other 4-3 teams have 12 LBs on scholarship?
Hey I wouldnt be against it. I actually think we could get better pressure with it. Might be easier to find those edge rusher tweener guys than great 4-3 ends that can be stout against the run AND rush the passer.

The LOL was because any time its brought up, people freak out and point out our lack of a 350lb nose tackle.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Here are the guys rated 5.7 (highest 3 star ranking) or above that are still on our board. Let me know if I missed someone and I will try and keep this somewhat updated.

5 stars (6.1 ranking)
Joseph Lewis--WR

4 Star (6.0 ranking)
Tyjon Lindsey--WR

4 Stars (5.9 ranking)
Greg Johnson--CB
Deommodore Lenoir--CB
Elijah Blades--CB
Bryan Thompson--WR

4 Star (5.8 ranking)
Nick Robinson--TE/WR
Isaac Slade-Matautia--LB
Robert Beal--DE
Lynn Bowden--WR
Jamire Calvin-- WR

3 Star (5.7 ranking)
Gavin Holmes--WR
Damion Daniels--DT
Kamren Curl--DB
Michael Onyemaobi--ATH

Committed (guys at/above 5.7 ranking)
Tristan Gebbia-- QB (5.9)
Avery Roberts--LB (5.9)
Jaevon McQuitty--WR (5.8)
Keyshawn Johnson Jr.--WR (5.8)
Guy Thomas--DE (5.8)
Brenden Jaimes--OL (5.7)
Mike Schaefer article on LSU 247 site... may be of some interest

http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/Biggest-potential-visitor-50473438

How many other 4-3 teams have 12 LBs on scholarship?

Edit: at this moment, we have more linebackers (including current commitments) than we do DLinemen.

Michigan has more than that, counting their incoming class. Ohio State is pretty close too. Both teams are base 4-3, but will match-up pending personnel.

Including current commitments, we have:

DL (14)
Davis, Davis, Davis, Stoltenberg, Newell, Still, Neal, Natter, Miller, King, Akinmoladun, Thomas, Thomas, Watts.

LB (12 including walk-on)
Alexander, Barry, Ferguson, Gifford, Jefferson, Newby, Simmons, Weber (w/o), Young, Roberts, Hampton, Ward.

Plus, we'd add 2 more DL (we'd actually take 3 more) if it's the right guys and we're only looking at adding 1 LB (Slade-Matautia) and that's it.

Michigan has more than that, counting their incoming class. Ohio State is pretty close too. Both teams are base 4-3, but will match-up pending personnel.

Including current commitments, we have:

DL (14)
Davis, Davis, Davis, Stoltenberg, Newell, Still, Neal, Natter, Miller, King, Akinmoladun, Thomas, Thomas, Watts.

LB (12 including walk-on)
Alexander, Barry, Ferguson, Gifford, Jefferson, Newby, Simmons, Weber (w/o), Young, Roberts, Hampton, Ward.

Plus, we'd add 2 more DL (we'd actually take 3 more) if it's the right guys and we're only looking at adding 1 LB (Slade-Matautia) and that's it.

Slade pretty far shot I take it?

If Shelvin is visiting on the 20th I really think you should add him back

Add him back when he is on a plane and the plane is in the air. :) He has told JP four times (I believe) that he was visiting and hasn't shown up yet. JP is doing the right thing and staying after him up to the very end, but put me in the camp of I;ll believe it when I see it on Shelvin.

Add him back when he is on a plane and the plane is in the air. :) He has told JP four times (I believe) that he was visiting and hasn't shown up yet. JP is doing the right thing and staying after him up to the very end, but put me in the camp of I;ll believe it when I see it on Shelvin.

Hopefully Diaco can show him that he would be the man for Nebraska in the 3-4 the second he set foot on campus.

Didn't realize the visit was back on. Added Shelvin.
Couple things that are working in Nebraska's favor if he visits

Phidarian Mathis - #3 DT in the country from Louisiana visited LSU on 13th
Marvin Wilson - #1 DT in the country also visited LSU on the 13th

with Mathis it is his only Official Visit. With Wilson it is his last visit. No way LSU lands all 3 of the top 3 DT's... Send Shelvin our way Orgeron, you can have the other two :)

What kind of voodoo is Orgeron pulling if he gets the top 3 dt's in the nation? Mu$t be $ome $erious voodoo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT