ADVERTISEMENT

The 10 is announced

Interesting- only one on O?

As very well it really should be without question..

So whatever the criteria was to earn one of these, you’re saying we shouldn’t have any of those dudes on offense?

Really?

Is that how you interpreted that? 🙄
At least 4 to 5 of those on defense could make All B1G 1 or 2nd string…

Too be fair no one on the offense line can have a digit #..
Yes, unless your first post wasn’t in response to the one above it. Is your reply 👆what you meant?

I do think the o-line needs some of these top 10 dudes to become above average. Someone said they could have earned the title, just not legal to wear those numbers in games. They could be wrong tho

I'm in the minority here. But in a program that hasn't made one of the 40+ bowl games since Obama was in office, who cares what number somebody is wearing? The fact that we've beaten Iowa once in the last nine years, and people are debating (at least on the radio) who got single digit jerseys and who didn't, is a symptom for what's been wrong with our program. In my view, all of this filters down to the players and makes some of them feel privileged and soft.

Blast away if you wish....

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I'm in the minority here. But in a program that hasn't made one of the 40+ bowl games since Obama was in office, who cares what number somebody is wearing? The fact that we've beaten Iowa once in the last nine years, and people are debating (at least on the radio) who got single digit jerseys and who didn't, is a symptom for what's been wrong with our program. In my view, all of this filters down to the players and makes some of them feel privileged and soft.

I mean, the single digits were based off of teammates votes of who were the best leaders on the team, I’m sure through action as well as verbally. I would expect them to continue being leaders. I don’t really see where entitlement and softness would come from that.

I hate the single digits thing. But the players seem to like it, so who cares what I think.

I mean, the single digits were based off of teammates votes of who were the best leaders on the team, I’m sure through action as well as verbally. I would expect them to continue being leaders. I don’t really see where entitlement and softness would come from that.
I’m just saying fans making a big deal out of everything creates a false sense of accomplishment within the team. Or something like that. It’s weird and hard to put a finger on. But the mistakes, lack of mental toughness and underachievement is seems to involve something negative within the culture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT