ADVERTISEMENT

That's so Iowa

RedMyMind

Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017

Cade, after the 1st Quarter: 5-18 (28%), 27 Yards, 2 INTs​

92t1z3.gif

Going from the title, I assumed they’d hung another participation banner of some kind. “2024 CyHawk Trophy Game Appearance” would look good in the rafters.

• Haha
Reactions: Dylman
You know however bad or good they do throughout the season, they always get up for us
When’s the last time we entered the game with a better W/L record? Pelini days?

They play us the same way they play everyone; pray to wear you down with the run and limit big plays, hoping for a turnover.

Dynamic QB and athletic advantage makes them look like total dogshit

They play us the same way they play everyone; pray to wear you down with the run and limit big plays, hoping for a turnover.

I believe we have an exceptionally smart, talented, dynamic QB finally. I hope we beat them convincingly in Iowa City!

Anyone’s guess who their QB going to be in 12 weeks..
If he’s still upright, it’ll be Cade. Ferentz is somewhere between stubborn and phobic when it comes to benching a starting Qb. When they went 4-8 in 2012 and their starting quarterback was trash, they were the only team in D1 whose backup quarterback didn’t take a single snap all season long. I remember learning that little tidbit while sitting in their frozen stands for our 13-7 win that year and lmao; that was the year they hired Greg Davis and thought his Texas moxie would lead them to the next level.

The only way I could see them making a change (barring injury) is if their new AD pulls rank on Ferentz.

Patient as a priest , sound on D, mistake free , special team stars.

In two games with which seems to me to be a seasoned enough quarterback, Iowa takes forever to get going. If Nebraska were to play Iowa right now, I could see us taking a big lead early.

Going into this season all they talked about was how they were a playoff team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT