ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Riley...Wow

I have been around NU football since the mid 60's and even when the football program has been down (which is only in the past 20 years), people still show up -so I do not anticipate the stadium being HALF FULL this week nor more IOWA FANS than Nebraska fans after Thanksgiving.

There are a lot of tickets that are cheap these days. Go on stubhub and look at other schools. All of the TV this day and age makes it easy to watch from home. Our sell out streak ended awhile ago.

If the sellout streak is the last vestige of our reputation as a football power, I'm all for letting it die. First and foremost, it's a fraud. Anyone who knows anything is laughing at us because we tout it like it's a big deal. I'd say they're laughing behind our backs, but at this point it's pretty much in our face. Second, our "program" has been a MF'ing circus since the day Solich was axed, and it's all ancient history at this point. I'm not saying he was a good coach, but it's all been downhill from that point. We're like a fat dude with a combover and a new Corvette thinking anyone is impressed by our sellout streak. Fill the stadium because we're good, not because we feel some stupid moral obligation as "a Nebraskan" to keep the streak alive. I've got a shower to tile, that's probably what I'll be doing tomorrow night.

I am going to the Arkansas Alabama game... for less than 30 bucks. Or the USC game for less than 20.

Oh man, woe is NU.

P.S. this HAS been going on for years. It has been harder and more expensive to get volleyball or Mens Hoops tickets for some time now.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Lol. Freefall. Epic. Free fall would be leaving a college football team with 3 freaking linebackers on it. But we know you have an inherent need to exagerate so you can keep bitching.
Talk about exaggeration. Bo left the program with 11 linebackers and 6 of them were on scholarship. one of the 5 walk-on's ended up getting a scholarship. So seven LB's were scholarship players. You really want to blame Bo for Love and Santos transferring after they hired MR?

That is a problem with many posters. They lay blame without having the facts.

Talk about exaggeration. Bo left the program with 11 linebackers and 6 of them were on scholarship. one of the 5 walk-on's ended up getting a scholarship. So seven LB's were scholarship players. You really want to blame Bo for Love and Santos transferring after they hired MR?

So Riley came on board and said to Love and Santos, “we don’t need you. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”

They left for a reason, and I don’t think it was Riley’s fault. Maybe Bo isn’t to blame, but he did say something to the effect at the closed door meeting, “finish your playing days somewhere else.” Those guys didn’t even give Riley a chance...

Also, if I remember correctly, Love was out the door before Riley arrived. Or am I misremembering?

So Riley came on board and said to Love and Santos, “we don’t need you. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”

They left for a reason, and I don’t think it was Riley’s fault. Maybe Bo isn’t to blame, but he did say something to the effect at the closed door meeting, “finish your playing days somewhere else.” Those guys didn’t even give Riley a chance...

Also, if I remember correctly, Love was out the door before Riley arrived. Or am I misremembering?
Love announced a week after Riley was hired. You are trying to lay blame on why guys left and you don't have a basis for it. I'm not saying it was Riley's fault. I'm rebutting all these comments that Bo left us with 3 or 4 scholarship Linebackers when he actually left 6. And that didn't include what they had offers out for in the 2015 recruiting class which they didn't get any since they were fired before that. Its highly possible had Bo not got fired we could have had as many as 8 scholarship LB's to start the season. Instead we had 4 with 5 more walk-ons.

There is a strong rhetoric that Bo left us no players going on and the facts don't warrant that basis. It seem that popular excuse that everyone can use and because its used so much people have actually talked themselves into believing it.

Love announced a week after Riley was hired. You are trying to lay blame on why guys left and you don't have a basis for it. I'm not saying it was Riley's fault. I'm rebutting all these comments that Bo left us with 3 or 4 scholarship Linebackers when he actually left 6. And that didn't include what they had offers out for in the 2015 recruiting class which they didn't get any since they were fired before that. Its highly possible had Bo not got fired we could have had as many as 8 scholarship LB's to start the season. Instead we had 4 with 5 more walk-ons.

There is a strong rhetoric that Bo left us no players going on and the facts don't warrant that basis. It seem that popular excuse that everyone can use and because its used so much people have actually talked themselves into believing it.
And I could respond just as easily that the popular thing to say now is that Bo left the university in relatively good shape and not scorched earth. You yourself have said these same words, if memory serves me correctly.

The reality is, it is what you choose to believe. You believe Bo left us in good shape. I believe Bo did not. Who’s right? It depends on your point of view and what you want to believe. There are a LOT of people who believe Bo left us worse off than normal. But increasingly, we are seeing this idea that Bo didn’t do that after all.

And you know what? Neither side is changing their mind soon...

I am going to the Arkansas Alabama game... for less than 30 bucks. Or the USC game for less than 20.

Oh man, woe is NU.

P.S. this HAS been going on for years. It has been harder and more expensive to get volleyball or Mens Hoops tickets for some time now.
I always find decent tickets for under $30, including against #4 ttech, #24 oklahoma, & #5? Mizzou. It's not hard, ever.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Wrong. Stop watching so much CNN

Also, the one that got a scholarship did so because he was, understandably, too 2 on the depth chart. How do you not give him a scholarship?

Oh man, woe is NU.

So your saying its ok that we are now like Arkansas? Huskers use to pride ourselves on being top notch. Maybe you think its ok to be just like every other average program but some of us here actually give a rats ass and this hurts.

So your saying its ok that we are now like Arkansas? Huskers use to pride ourselves on being top notch. Maybe you think its ok to be just like every other average program but some of us here actually give a rats ass and this hurts.
Where are your season tickets? You going tomorrow? You sure that's what I said?
No matter what happens I am guessing the staff will NOT blame the fans

4.6.3 I go to the games. I support the team.

Then what are you saying? Please enlighten us all with your wisdom, sir or madam.

And why would the staff blame the fans? It's not their fault for the status the program is in. If the team was as good as the heart of the fan base, we'd be #1 every year.

Reactions: Bugeater

And are you going to the game tomorrow? Obviously your not. Your going to the Bama vs Arky game

And are you going to the game tomorrow? Obviously your not. Your going to the Bama vs Arky game
Actually I am going to be in Orlando. My seats will be full. Gonna see if I can get an elusive UCF ticket.

If Riley came out tomorrow and called us the best fans ever I wouldn't care...if he came out tomorrow and said we were all piles of crap I wouldn't care. Who cares if some guy you don't know calls "you" a name. Same when Bo did it, who cares?

Reactions: jeans15
Actually I am going to be in Orlando. My seats will be full. Gonna see if I can get an elusive UCF ticket.

Ooh wow Burn!!! Lets make fun of UCF's lack of a fan base because a lot of ours are fed up with your buddy, Mike Riley. That will get us!!! You showed us big guy!!!

I mean I don't even see how how the two topics are related. But here's a news flash, UCF lacked ticket sales before Scott Frost got there so... I wouldn't put that on him. If anything he's likely increased or will increase ticket sales. Granted they don't sell a lot so its probably not important and I could not care less about UCF and their ticket sales.

And honestly, your posts are kind of random if you ask me. Your going to Orlando. Your going to Tuscaloosa. Your Lincoln seats will be full. I got it. You stay golden, buddy.

Reactions: Bugeater
And that is all that matters. We have a coaching staff that is nice to the fans. Yay!

And that is all that matters. We have a coaching staff that is nice to the fans. Yay!
What really matters to me is Blo is not roaming the sidelines pissing himself. But no matter, after this season it will be all over and the 90s are coming back. 2019 will be a National Title year, or time to reset again.

What really matters to me is Blo is not roaming the sidelines pissing himself. But no matter, after this season it will be all over and the 90s are coming back. 2019 will be a National Title year, or time to reset again.

That is true too...He is gone. And soon Riley will be gone. And who knows what will happen next. Hopefully a coach is hired that gives the entire fan base some hope.

What really matters to me is Blo is not roaming the sidelines pissing himself.
Well, then you're admittedly happy with a crap show program with a friendly looking coach. You are the epitome of what Nebraska has become. Well done.
But no matter, after this season it will be all over and the 90s are coming back. 2019 will be a National Title year, or time to reset again.

This is typical of Riley supporters. Claim the alternative is the 90's or bust. Like Riley is being held to some ridiculous standard and we canned him after one year. Heck, he can't even emulate the guy we just fired.

Sometimes I just hope Riley stays forever just because I'll miss this comedy.

Reactions: WuTang_Husker
Was at a fundraiser with OSU tickets on the silent auction. Not a single bid. :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT