ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Coach Mickey Joseph!

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
I think it is important for Husker fans to show some love for Mickey right now. The guy did not win a ton of games but he did hold this team together during a difficult time. And yesterday's win at Iowa proved that he had instilled in his players a desire to fight and win to the bitter end. He is a great coach and I hope Coach Rhule keeps him on staff.

Thank you Coach Joseph!

I think it is important for Husker fans to show some love for Mickey right now. The guy did not win a ton of games but he did hold this team together during a difficult time. And yesterday's win at Iowa proved that he had instilled in his players a desire to fight and win to the bitter end. He is a great coach and I hope Coach Rhule keeps him on staff.

Thank you Coach Joseph!
Would be great if Mickey was able to stay.

respect-my-authority-albuquerque.gif

I love the guy. He did a great job for having no HC’ing experience and being in a tough situation.

I hope we can keep him. But don’t blame Rhule for not keeping off that is what he chooses. Rhule will be in a tough spot with Mickey. He’s a hell of a position coach and recruiter. But will Mickey have too much sway/power/loyalty inside the locker room? It seems like a potential issue if things don’t go to plan. No fault of anyone’s, just the reality.

Reactions: dand84

Thank you Coach Joseph!
Interesting that Trev has been silent on the win etc except a re-post. Guess he was busy hiring a new coach. Hope MJ is on the phone with his agent. Reading reports of past conflicts between Matt R and MJ.......mutual peers.

This is your argument? I want to defend your position, but man, this just comes off as bitter.
I think it would not be surprising for him to view Mickey as a real threat to his job and overall persona in the state (at this point Mickey is probably juuuust behind TO in terms of popularity here) and thus send him packing

Guys who are paid well often think they’re the smartest people in the room even if their record is barely over .500

Reactions: donahues17
I think it would not be surprising for him to view Mickey as a real threat to his job and overall persona in the state (at this point Mickey is probably juuuust behind TO in terms of popularity here) and thus send him packing
I agree with the idea of not wanting to keep him due to popularity and sway in the locker room, etc. But your previous response makes it sound like you have an issue with Rhule already.

Rhule will likely view him as a threat and let him walk
Not really as he, Bill and Matt are of the same mold and want the same things and are of the same personality. Guaranteed, Ruhle will lean on Joseph as he knows this place better than anyone and played for Osborne. I bet we see Joe Brady here even though he fired him at Carolina which was a business decision and nothing personal and guarantee him and Joe are still friends. Remember this, it's not very common for a great college coach to have success in the NFL just like the opposite. There have only been a few to win and have butt loads of success in college and then go on to the NFL to have the same type of success and to date there are are only 2 that come to mind. Jimmy Johnson at Miami won a couple of Nattys and then went on to win SB's with Dallas and the other Barry Switzer who won Natty's at OU and a SB with Dallas as well. Ruhle wasn't mean't to be an NFL coach and neither was Urby or Saban but look how big of juggernauts they are in the college game though.

Last edited:

Thank you Coach Joseph!
I thought he worked a minor miracle. I was proud of these guys. Every game the effort was there. Mickey controlled everything he could really well. The shit coaching in the past 4 years and the roster being poor he had nothing to do with but they definitely played hard for him. He did a good job.

Not really as he, Bill and Matt are of the same mold and want the same things and are of the same personality. Guaranteed, Ruhle will lean on Joseph as he knows this place better than anyone and played for Osborne. I bet we see Joe Brady here even though he fired him at Carolina which was a business decision and nothing personal and guarantee him and Joe are still friends. Remember this, it's not very common for a great college coach to have success in the NFL just like the opposite. There have only been a few to win and have butt loads of success in college and then go on to the NFL to have the same type of success and to date there are are only 2 that come to mind. Jimmy Johnson at Miami won a couple of Nattys and then went on to win SB's with Dallas and the other Barry Switzer who won Natty's at OU and a SB with Dallas as well. Ruhle wasn't mean't to be an NFL coach and neither Urby or Saban were as well and look how big of juggernauts they are in the college game though.
Pete Carroll was a successful college coach who went to the NFL and has been successful in the NFL as well.

Thank you Coach Joseph!
I would think Joseph would be a HUGE asset Rhule would want on staff. If Joseph gets a head coaching gig somewhere, however, I hope he is wildly successful.

Not really as he, Bill and Matt are of the same mold and want the same things and are of the same personality. Guaranteed, Ruhle will lean on Joseph as he knows this place better than anyone and played for Osborne. I bet we see Joe Brady here even though he fired him at Carolina which was a business decision and nothing personal and guarantee him and Joe are still friends. Remember this, it's not very common for a great college coach to have success in the NFL just like the opposite. There have only been a few to win and have butt loads of success in college and then go on to the NFL to have the same type of success and to date there are are only 2 that come to mind. Jimmy Johnson at Miami won a couple of Nattys and then went on to win SB's with Dallas and the other Barry Switzer who won Natty's at OU and a SB with Dallas as well. Ruhle wasn't mean't to be an NFL coach and neither was Urby or Saban but look how big of juggernauts they are in the college game though.
Saban and spurrier are the only coaches in history to flop in the NFL and return to winning in college

Urban hasn’t been on a sideline since literally being laughed out of the NFL after like 2.5 months of utter unprecedented failure

Lots of college coaches have gone onto be big winners in the men’s league. I don’t think it’s as different as many here want to believe.

Saban and spurrier are the only coaches in history to flop in the NFL and return to winning in college

Urban hasn’t been on a sideline since literally being laughed out of the NFL after like 2.5 months of utter unprecedented failure

Lots of college coaches have gone onto be big winners in the men’s league. I don’t think it’s as different as many here want to believe.
The biggest difference is, NFL coaches are more like CEO's. In college, they are more like another parent.

But only 3 have won Natty's in college and SB's in the NFL. Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer and Pete Carroll and this is what I consider success on both levels, the rest meh.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
It’s a different game and handling the players is way different. To me Rhule is a really solid hire. NFL success doesn’t mean much to me. Hopefully it works out that he can make us contenders in this crap conference.

But only 3 have won Natty's in college and and SB's in the NFL. Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer and Pete Carroll and this is what I consider success on both levels, the rest meh.
Harbaugh went to the super bowl

He also didn’t flame out, he turned down multiple NFL jobs to return to michigan

so I would count his NFL tenure as a successful one in addition to those listed above

I love the man. I hope Mickey is able to remain in Lincoln in some capacity, because he is the type of quality human being I want influencing the team.
Agree, and if he does move on, he will never pay for a beer again anywhere there are Husker fans present.

He will forever be remembered as the guy who stepped in and kept our guys playing hard in a terrible situation. I was so happy he went out a winner last night.

Nah.

Jim Harbaugh is 72-24 at Michigan since returning. Chip Kelly is currently 26-27 after a slow start in 2018. Spurrier was 86-49 at South Carolina after returning from Washington.

Nah.

Jim Harbaugh is 72-24 at Michigan since returning. Chip Kelly is currently 26-27 after a slow start in 2018. Spurrier was 86-49 at South Carolina after returning from Washington.
and the 3 have combined for 1 single conference title after their NFL stints

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT