ADVERTISEMENT

Texas high school football stadiums

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
No our property taxes are not that high. Plus school taxes are frozen when one turns 65. Donations and big oil money help.
Yeah, it is donations. Period. In Nebraska, this works but on a much smaller scale-- video scoreboards, field turf.

An amazing thing to me is that those stadiums look like they are dedicated only for football. No track and field facilities, no ugly soccer lines on the field.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Yeah, it is donations. Period. In Nebraska, this works but on a much smaller scale-- video scoreboards, field turf.

An amazing thing to me is that those stadiums look like they are dedicated only for football. No track and field facilities, no ugly soccer lines on the field.
You are correct and the newest one and most expensive one in Katy, TX is not even shown on those photos. There are now 11 high schools in the KISD district and all use that field but there is another football field right next door to the new one so both stadiums are in use each weekend. One game at one stadium starts about two hours before the game at the second field starts. You can read about the legend that is Katy High School football on line. KISD is the best school district in the Houston area.

Texas property tax is insane but still at the same level of insanity as NE. What they don’t have is state income tax.

However, gov in texas owns or has a royalty interest in a lot of land and that means oil and gas $ coming in.

Nothing beats my old field!

images

• Wow
Reactions: huntered
I am not sure how much donation by the power brokers is reason there is huge stadiums.

My district has a brand new 11,000 seat stadium, all of it paid for by a bond approved by the voters in the county.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT