ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me again NU isn't being intentionally hosed

I don’t know. We were absolutely fvcked against Illinois and we were higher ranked and playing at home.
It’s more than that. The level that the conference despises you is pretty high, so you guys won’t get the benefit against many other schools in this conference.

Go lose to Iowa State again. Srupid Cryowa Hawkeyes.
I anticipated this as you are a low end university in academics, so I tried to use very basic and understandable words. I will try again and speak slowly. So that means you need to read it out loud (SLOWLY) and have a dictionary handy to look up the meaning of the complicated words.

I AGREE with you. The refs are screwing Nebraska with bad calls.

Im normally not "refs hate us guy" but man that first half it actually seemed blatant. Like holding calls not called, bad spots, horrible DPI no calls and a partridge in a pear tree.

If ever there was a case to be made about it that first half would be hard to argue.

Holla
I'm not that kind of guy either, but maybe the most one sided I've ever seen.

Reactions: beaglehusker
I don’t think it’s like that. It’s just some good ole boy refs with an hard on for the traditional B1G teams and a shitty B1G culture that allows/encourages it.

The conference needs to turn over the officials or make them accountable.

The BIG as whole is absolutely jealous as hell at the program that little ol Nebraska has had. They'll kick us for eternity......

Dannen needs to get on the horn with some Big 10 officials. It’s ****ing ridiculous how we are almost always on the bad side of officiating.

Reactions: headcard
So this kind of thing during the Big12 championship game led everyone to vote yes on leaving that conference.. can we all get on board and vote to leave the Big Ten now??
Fine by me. Fvck the Big 10!

Penn St, USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington will also never be part of the Good Ole Boy Big 10 either!

Uncle Barry is going to work his magic to get a screw job over Penn St tonight!

Fine by me. Fvck the Big 10!

Penn St, USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington will also never be part of the Good Ole Boy Big 10 either!

Uncle Barry is going to work his magic to get a screw job over Penn St tonight!
What did I tell you? And just like that Wisconsin gets an extra down and scores. Uncle Barry is always there behind the scenes lurking! Big 10 refs gotta pay for their kids and grandkids Christmas presents some way!

Reactions: Zeke2005
I don’t think it’s like that. It’s just some good ole boy refs with an hard on for the traditional B1G teams and a shitty B1G culture that allows/encourages it.

The conference needs to turn over the officials or make them accountable.

This^ Can I really prove it? No, but from living in B1G country before we were in the B1G this is the exact attitude of their fans. And refs grow up as fans before they become refs.

The BIG as whole is absolutely jealous as hell at the program that little ol Nebraska has had. They'll kick us for eternity......
Yes they are jealous. You better stop while you’re ahead. You have no idea what could be in store for you if Nebraska could ever crack the 50% win mark in B1G games…

Big 10 is a joke conference, I made fun of this place constantly while growing up, now I have to pretend to be part of something that I hate and hates us just because money. It's a loser conference for losers and we're getting dragged down into it.
I agree, it does nothing for me.

Reactions: Landomatic
Big 10 is a joke conference, I made fun of this place constantly while growing up, now I have to pretend to be part of something that I hate and hates us just because money. It's a loser conference for losers and we're getting dragged down into it.

Could not agree with this post more. The day it was announced, my fandom took a hit that's never quite fully recovered. I grew up laughing at them too. We've been sitting on the side at the kid's table since the day we joined. In the Big 12, there were some bullshit shenanigans, sure. But we definitely sat at the grownup table in the center of the room.

Opposing fans were MUCH more like-minded. Some great, long standing rivalries with some great programs still existed. Now we have a bunch of, I'll just say, not like-minded opposing fans and a forced rivalry with a team that's never won anything of substance. And we've been drug down to or below their level. On all of it.

I don't think the addition of the west coast teams is going to help any of it either. If anything, it will make it all worse.

And I don't even really buy the whole "but, but, but more money" argument either. Yes, there's more money. That's a fact that's not disputable. But at what cost? And what has it gotten us? Last time I checked, all the Big 12 programs programs we ran away from still have a football program. They didn't shut any of them down because they had to file bankruptcy. In fact, 3 different teams somehow managed to make it to the CFP since we left. Exact same number as the the SEC, ACC and yep, you guess it, the B1G.

Ugh, I could go on and on. And I probably have. It all just sickens me.

Could not agree with this post more. The day it was announced, my fandom took a hit that's never quite fully recovered. I grew up laughing at them too. We've been sitting on the side at the kid's table since the day we joined. In the Big 12, there were some bullshit shenanigans, sure. But we definitely sat at the grownup table in the center of the room.

Opposing fans were MUCH more like-minded. Some great, long standing rivalries with some great programs still existed. Now we have a bunch of, I'll just say, not like-minded opposing fans and a forced rivalry with a team that's never won anything of substance. And we've been drug down to or below their level. On all of it.

I don't think the addition of the west coast teams is going to help any of it either. If anything, it will make it all worse.

And I don't even really buy the whole "but, but, but more money" argument either. Yes, there's more money. That's a fact that's not disputable. But at what cost? And what has it gotten us? Last time I checked, all the Big 12 programs programs we ran away from still have a football program. They didn't shut any of them down because they had to file bankruptcy. In fact, 3 different teams somehow managed to make it to the CFP since we left. Exact same number as the the SEC, ACC and yep, you guess it, the B1G.

Those Big 12 teams hated us and went against us at every turn. They weren't our friends. It isn't the same Big 12 anyway. Are we like minded with CU, BYU, TCU, ASU, UCF, WV?

Reactions: Zeke2005

It sickens you not because of the league, but because you are losing to teams 55-7. If you were piss pounding teams in the BIG 10 like you used to do in the Big 12, you would love it. Maybe just admit that your program has made some totally ****ed up decisions over the past 20 years and move on and try to get better. Did you get some bad calls against OSU? Join the club. I can remember some doozies in Iowa games over the years against OSU and Michigan,

Reactions: arf_man
Those Big 12 teams hated us and went against us at every turn. They weren't our friends. It isn't the same Big 12 anyway. Are we like minded with CU, BYU, TCU, ASU, UCF, WV?

Those Big 12 teams went against us on a few issues for what they thought was in the best interest of the league, not in the best interest of Nebraska. Can't really blame them for all of it. I agree, it was frustrating at times, but we overreacted by taking our ball and bolting.

Besides, you think the B1G is our friends? You think they have been right there with us on decisions? The entire premise of this very thread is literally claiming, not just the opposite, but worse.

And I'm not talking about the current Big 12. I'm talking about the one we ran from to what we thought would be greener pastures, but are certainly not greener, by a LONG shot. No telling what it all might look like today had we stayed.

And to answer your question with regard to the like-mindedness of the teams you listed...
  • CU - No, but that's a great rivalry. The closest thing to a real rivalry we still have. Would be amazing to still have that as a conference game every year. There's a reason that's our biggest win of the year.
  • BYU - No clue, I know very little about their culture other than the whole mormon thing, but probably not
  • TCU - Absolutely
  • ASU - Probably not far off
  • UCF - For sure. I have friends who are alumns of that program and they all seem pretty like-minded to me. Florida schools in general probably aren't going to be your friend in this argument
  • WV - No clue, but who cares
So, sure, you can cherry pick a couple schools out of the current 16 that aren't culturally similar to us, one of which is our biggest remaining rivalry. Now do the B1G...

To be clear, I'm not proposing we go back to the Big 12 now, although I wouldn't mind it. I'm talking about how much better the last 14 years likely would have been had we stayed. It certainly couldn't have been much worse.

It sickens you not because of the league, but because you are losing to teams 55-7. If you were piss pounding teams in the BIG 10 like you used to do in the Big 12, you would love it. Maybe just admit that your program has made some totally ****ed up decisions over the past 20 years and move on and try to get better. Did you get some bad calls against OSU? Join the club. I can remember some doozies in Iowa games over the years against OSU and Michigan,

Nope, I hated the decision before we ever started losing. The B1G is a joke of a conference.

Those Big 12 teams went against us on a few issues for what they thought was in the best interest of the league, not in the best interest of Nebraska. Can't really blame them for all of it. I agree, it was frustrating at times, but we overreacted by taking our ball and bolting.

Besides, you think the B1G is our friends? You think they have been right there with us on decisions? The entire premise of this very thread is literally claiming, not just the opposite, but worse.

And I'm not talking about the current Big 12. I'm talking about the one we ran from to what we thought would be greener pastures, but are certainly not greener, by a LONG shot. No telling what it all might look like today had we stayed.

And to answer your question with regard to the like-mindedness of the teams you listed...
  • CU - No, but that's a great rivalry. The closest thing to a real rivalry we still have. Would be amazing to still have that as a conference game every year. There's a reason that's our biggest win of the year.
  • BYU - No clue, I know very little about their culture other than the whole mormon thing, but probably not
  • TCU - Absolutely
  • UCF - For sure. I have friends who are alumns of that program and they all seem pretty like-minded to me. Florida schools in general probably aren't going to be your friend in this argument
So, sure, you can cherry pick a couple schools out of the current 16 that aren't culturally similar to us, one of which is our biggest remaining rivalry. Now do the B1G...

To be clear, I'm not proposing we go back to the Big 12 now, although I wouldn't mind it. I'm talking about how much better the last 14 years likely would have been had we stayed. It certainly couldn't have been much worse.
We have no friends. All these teams in states adjacent to us knew we were feeling singled out and they sided with Texas. Love the CU rivalry but they aren't our friend.

TCU? Lol. Do you know any TCU alums? Snooty Texans. SEC is the only conference that has maintained an identity. The rest are just thrown together.

My point is if we don't have friends, and are going to be outcasts anyway, may as well stay in the richer, more stable conference.

I also want to be clear, I'll watch the Huskers whether they are in the Big 10, Big 12, MAC, Missouri Valley, etc.

We have no friends. All these teams in states adjacent to us knew we were feeling singled out and they sided with Texas. Love the CU rivalry but they aren't our friend.

TCU? Lol. Do you know any TCU alums? Snooty Texans. SEC is the only conference that has maintained an identity. The rest are just thrown together.

My point is if we don't have friends, and are going to be outcasts anyway, may as well stay in the richer, more stable conference.

I also want to be clear, I'll watch the Huskers whether they are in the Big 10, Big 12, MAC, Missouri Valley, etc.

We don't need friends. And my point was that you want to argue that we didn't have them in the Big 12, but we certainly don't have them now. We are bigger outcasts now than we were in the Big 12. By a lot. We were never fitting the B1G culture. It was a short sighted, knee jerk, temper tantrum reaction that we have paid dearly for. But hey, money money money money! Which has resulted in exactly jack for us, other than our program going down the toilet.

And yes, I know a lot of TCU fans. Great people. Nowhere near as "snooty texan" as UT fans.

Did you get some bad calls against OSU? Join the club. I can remember some doozies in Iowa games over the years against OSU and Michigan.
Finally, an Iowa fan who actually gets it. Most are just institutionalized to the point where they think bending over while getting jobbed by the Big Ten is the price you have to pay to hang out with the big $ conference darlings.

I anticipated this as you are a low end university in academics, so I tried to use very basic and understandable words. I will try again and speak slowly. So that means you need to read it out loud (SLOWLY) and have a dictionary handy to look up the meaning of the complicated words.

I AGREE with you. The refs are screwing Nebraska with bad calls.
Look, I am not believing you are truly here to agree with anyone. You are a jacka$$ just like all the other Cryowa fans that show up here to run their mouths. Outside of a few Wisconsin fans no one else acts like Iowa fans do. I knew Iowa was home to mostly low class, meth addicted trash but am surprised at times how bad it is. Mizzou fans used to be jacka$$es too but at least they have a good program.

Reactions: headcard
Finally, an Iowa fan who actually gets it. Most are just institutionalized to the point where they think bending over while getting jobbed by the Big Ten is the price you have to pay to hang out with the big $ conference darlings.

So, what's the solution then?

• TCU - Absolutely

Tom Osborne and friends panicked and made a knee jerk reaction in 2010 and reached out to the Big Ten. Had they just been a little patient we would have gone to the SEC with Mizzou and A&M the next year.

We don't need friends. And my point was that you want to argue that we didn't have them in the Big 12, but we certainly don't have them now. We are bigger outcasts now than we were in the Big 12. By a lot. We were never fitting the B1G culture. It was a short sighted, knee jerk, temper tantrum reaction that we have paid dearly for. But hey, money money money money! Which has resulted in exactly jack for us, other than our program going down the toilet.

And yes, I know a lot of TCU fans. Great people. Nowhere near as "snooty texan" as UT fans.
We made a lot of bad decisions. I don't blame the Big 10 for that. Wins were relatively easy at the start. Wins can be relatively easy again if stop shooting ourselves in the foot. No reason why with competent coaching this year we aren't 7-1. That's on us, not the Big 10.

We made a lot of bad decisions. I don't blame the Big 10 for that. Wins were relatively easy at the start. Wins can be relatively easy again if stop shooting ourselves in the foot. No reason why with competent coaching this year we aren't 7-1. That's on us, not the Big 10.

Agree to disagree. I'm not saying it's the only reason, but moving to the B1G definitely played a role.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Tom Osborne and friends panicked and made a knee jerk reaction in 2010 and reached out to the Big Ten. Had they just been a little patient we would have gone to the SEC with Mizzou and A&M the next year.

Probably. I'm not 100% sure we would have ended up in the SEC, but we might have. Either way, we wouldn't have ended up in the shithole we're in now. Hell, if we hadn't blinked, the whole thing may have stayed in tact and the Big 12 would still be a P3 conference.

That's just the cherry on top. But we laughed at this dumb league full of dumb teams for years. So feeling this way about the big 10 has been going on for decades and decades. It's a conference that only ever cared about tailgating and winning the conference (which no one besides Michigan or OSU over did anyway). No one cares about winning games. It's such a dumb league that when an 11am big 10 game was on ESPN, they'd run gameday over the start time and you'd finally catch the iowa-purdue game halfway through the first possession.
This league started a movement to get us kicked out of the AAU (if memory serves it was Michigan and Wisconsin that lead that charge....thanks FRIENDS. And this is a big deal, well beyond athletics that they decided to screw our students out of opportunities) and then tried to punish us for *GASP* wanting to play football on 2020. It's also filled with racist athletic departments (your school included) and child abusers. Who wants to be associated with that? If you took off your blinders for a minute, you'd realize that you wouldn't want to be counted with these people, and if you were able to independently choose who you affiliated with you would never in a million years choose this trash to be around. You're just pot committed and have done it for so long that you've normalized being around all these losers.

Probably. I'm not 100% sure we would have ended up in the SEC, but we might have. Either way, we wouldn't have ended up in the shithole we're in now. Hell, if we hadn't blinked, the whole thing may have stayed in tact and the Big 12 would still be a P3 conference.
And that could have been a possibility as well, stay put. But at that time we were still fuming about 1 second being added back on the clock, upset about the Longhorn network and so on. It’s sad, but not surprising, that we’ve become just like most of who we keep company with now. Hanging around as an average team, but without the occasional decent season the rest of the middling Big Ten teams enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT