ADVERTISEMENT

Team you hate

Husker Hambone

Sophomore
Sep 15, 2013
My dad has always kept this unwritten book of college football teams he hates. Most are from Florida, the south, and California. His top 5 are: Texas, UCLA, Miami, USC, and Florida St

Historically, Oklahoma and Notre Dame are at the top of the list. Beginning in the late 80s and 90s, I had to add Miami, Florida State, and then Texass to the list. More recently, Ohio State has been added and Harbaugh is making me strongly consider putting MeChicken on the list.

Reactions: Husker Hambone
Iowa and UCF, they are so hot right now and we are not. Hawkeyes probably going to the college football playoff and UCF gonna end the season undefeated again.

Reactions: FreddyUI
Notre Dame
Texas
Ohio (wife beater) state
Miami
Missouri : I chose Missouri because of the cheap shot they did to Jarvis redwine and turner gill
I can't really hate Iowa or Wisconsin simply because there here today on gone tomorrow neither has one anything significant more of a thorn in the side like kst

My dad has always kept this unwritten book of college football teams he hates. Most are from Florida, the south, and California. His top 5 are: Texas, UCLA, Miami, USC, and Florida St
As a native Floridian and diehard Miami fan, I must say Florida State is at the top of my list. Iowa, Texas and Oklahoma after that.

Any day Notre Dame loses, is a very good day!
Any year ND even has a pulse, fans & media put em in the National Championship game.
And how do they get to even be in the playoff talk when they are not part of a conference???

Good movie - easy to hate school.

1)texass
2) Miami Fl
3) Notre Lame
Since joining the B1G
4) tOSU
5) Ioway- because my Herky friends hate Nebraska..

Notre Dame
Texas
Ohio (wife beater) state
Miami
Missouri : I chose Missouri because of the cheap shot they did to Jarvis redwine and turner gill
I can't really hate Iowa or Wisconsin simply because there here today on gone tomorrow neither has one anything significant more of a thorn in the side like kst
That dude that took that shot on Gill was from Omaha Randy Jostes. I think if I remember correctly was a Ralston grad! Redwine wasn't a cheap shot, but more of a dumb move by the coaching staff putting him in as a blocker on an extra point try!

Last edited:
Missouri and Kansas State. Deep hatred. I seriously cheer for them to lose every week.

Last edited:
K-State - Family that are fans of them... always hated them
Ohio State - duh
Nortre Dame- Those fans are terrible
Texas A&M - Biggest cult fan base I have ever seen.

Wouldn't mind seeing Iowa go to the playoff. They'd be matched up with Alabama. Honestly think Bama would have a legit chance of putting up 70 plus against them. Would be a beatdown of epic proportions.

The last time someone put up 70 points against Iowa was in 1950.

Iowa and UCF, they are so hot right now and we are not. Hawkeyes probably going to the college football playoff and UCF gonna end the season undefeated again.
I would take Nebraska right how we are vs being Iowa or UCF. Neither have a shot to ever make the playoff. Iowa is Iowa. They can't seem to ever beat anyone of importance when it matters. They are great at always being slightly above average. They are like how we were under BO. Except they have been that way for 50 years. I am calling it, we beat them this year.
UCF is great at talking shit. They are equivalent to to a great FCS team. Didn't North Dakota St have a winning streak of 20+ games a few years back. UCF could go undefeated for 5 years straight and never make the playoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: K_Y_E
I would take Nebraska right how we are vs being Iowa or UCF. Neither have a shot to ever make the playoff. Iowa is Iowa. They can't seem to ever beat anyone of importance when it matters. They are great at always being slightly above average. They are fine with that. Slightly above average will never get into the playoff. I am calling it, we beat them this year.
UCF is great at talking shit. They are equivalent to to a great FCS team. Didn't North Dakota St have a winning streak of 20+ games a few years back. UCF could go undefeated for 5 years straight and never make the playoff.
Not trolling but Iowa will deliver another beat down this year.

Reactions: sltldowney
I see a great rivalry forming with Iowa (if we can start to make it competitive), but I don’t hate them near as much as some of the old BigXII schools. I know that natural rivalries take years. I hope that I can grow to hate some B1G teams the way I hate KSU and Misery.

In the old days I always wanted to beat OU, but I didn't hate them. When CU started coming on strong under McCartney their fans became pretty obnoxious. I went to just about every Nebraska game in Boulder from the mid-80s thru early 2000's. Looking forward to going back next September and hopefully a win. (Hope the Harvest House is still fun). My father-in law (Vanderbilt alum) is from Tennessee so my wife has dozen of cousins in SEC country. Mostly Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee alums. When I first got married I had a lot of fun giving them a bad time about their teams. Not so much for the last several years. Living here for so long in the Northwest, having a Husky brother and many Husky and Coug friends I dislike Oregon more than any other team.(Petersen went brain dead the last 48 seconds in regulation in the Dawgs loss in Eugene. Great to see the Pirate's boys beat the Ducks last weekend). I tell you who I do cheer for is all the old Big 8 teams. Especially K-State. went to high school with quite a few kids that went on to K-State. My friends and I use to have a lot of fun in Aggieville (Not sure if it is still part of Manhattan as I haven't been there for 40 years)

I was actually born and spent the first 6 years of my life in Colorado. I can stand any sports team in CO, yes even the Broncos. The Colorado Buffaloes and their fans will forever have my burning, undying hate. Every single other team just cant hold a candle to those dooshbag idiots.

Reactions: SkerInCo
I'll chime in with Miami and Colorado because their fans are historically pretty rude, and Notre Dame and Texas because they are just so darned entitled.

Lots of people complain about Penn State fans, and I've only gone to one game in State College, but they were very hospitable to me. It was the year after the scandal broke, so maybe that humbled them.

Wisconsin is gaining serious steam on this one. They don't have the historic prowess of an Ohio State or Michigan to be completely hated, and they certainly aren't begging for a rival the way Colorado was back in the 90s, but in my opinion, Wisconsin and Nebraska will eventually become a strong rivalry in all sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT