ADVERTISEMENT

TCB

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
We are at the halfway point of the season and it's time for my annual statement on taking care of business. Many solid Nebraska clubs of the past have had respectable records against good competition but stubbed their toes, especially at home, against really bad teams. And it cost them come regional time.

This year's squad is currently 6-0 at home vs. 100+ RPI teams. That's what TCB looks like. Tonight is the first of five games against what are probably the two worst teams on the 2017 slate, Creighton and UNO. It's critical to win both games in Lincoln and there's really no excuse for not sweeping all five. Both opponents are--to be frank--terrible and playing in Omaha is a de facto home game.

I said last week that winning the regular season league title and handling the instate opponents should be the focus the rest of the way. Two-and a-half wins in Bloomington was quite a nice start on the first goal. Here's hoping progress toward the second starts tonight.

Reactions: saluno22
I hope we don't end up sweating out those two losses to Western Carolina. Hope that's not the thing which puts us on the bubble. For me, that was the low point of the season.

After a rocky 3-6 start we muscled past No Colorado but then gave that all back against Western. Ugh. Those two losses in California stung also b/c of losing late leads in both of them. More ughs.

We just need to pile up wins. Great start to Big Ten play in Indiana. Absolutely must win today and tomorrow and win the Maryland series.

Our season has been on the clock since those Western Carolina losses and it's ticking on us. We're going to have losses going forward but, good lowered, not today or tomorrow. Pleeeeeeeeese?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT