ADVERTISEMENT

Taz Henry is out

Washington seems to be leaning toward ASU but a lot can change after the visit. His coach played in the NFL with Fisher and Walters.

Could be he has decided not to wait on Washington's decision. If that's the case I don't blame him. At the same time I don't blame the staff for trying to hold him off until they get word on higher priority players. Never really know, but this is a good problem to have as it means this staff put in work to build a queue of options. Best wishes to the young man.

Im not predicting on washington, but the fact that we still wanted him to visit and he said no does not mean good news on washington. If we had cancelled then it would be good news.
I am pretty sure Nebraska cancelled his visit, at least that had been rumored the last couple days. I don’t think that means we will get Washington, but it is obvious we are Washington or bust at this point.

I am pretty sure Nebraska cancelled his visit, at least that had been rumored the last couple days. I don’t think that means we will get Washington, but it is obvious we are Washington or bust at this point.
Interesting. Strange twitter post then.

Definitely Washington or bust at this point. I liked Henry because it seemed like he really wanted to be a Husker and he's got some talent, but the coaches must have a good feeling about Washington even though he's far from a sure thing.

I'm glad that it looks like Henry doesn't have any hard feelings about being a plan B and I wish him nothing but success wherever he goes.

Reactions: headcard
We've got a kid with the same exact measurables who will commit on the spot if we offer him. I don't think Henry was a priority. What is a little disappointing is that somebody had to explain to Frost's staff what taking Henry and not taking the other kid would mean.

Reactions: BigRedballz
Interesting. Strange twitter post then.

Nobody on here knows what is going on, it is all just opinions and speculation. The only people who know how this played out are the coaches and Tazshawn. TTU could have said they would pull offer if he visited NU and he didn't want to take a chance of losing that scholarship and NU not having room. Sure seems like the logical explanation from his tweet.

I agree. The staff is looking to save every visit that they can at this point. Seems like They’ve got a good shot at Washington, and if they don’t get him then Sargbah may be a possibility since he may be as good as Henry anyway— same size and actually faster.

I agree. The staff is looking to save every visit that they can at this point. Seems like They’ve got a good shot at Washington, and if they don’t get him then Sargbah may be a possibility since he may be as good as Henry anyway— same size and actually faster.
If we took Henry and not the kid from Omaha there would be repercussions.

If we took Henry and not the kid from Omaha there would be repercussions.
I agree. Metro folks are fed up w three past Husker staffs overlooking local talent or applying more scrutiny, slow playing, etc. while at the same time bringing in marginal talent from far away places. I think this staff will recruit Omaha & Iowa Western like it should but taking Henry over Sargbah would rub coaches the wrong way.

I agree. Metro folks are fed up w three past Husker staffs overlooking local talent or applying more scrutiny, slow playing, etc. while at the same time bringing in marginal talent from far away places. I think this staff will recruit Omaha & Iowa Western like it should but taking Henry over Sargbah would rub coaches the wrong way.

Sargbah will end up here one way or another. Frost told him to be patient. If there isn't a spot for him this year he will go to IWCC for a semester. But I have a feeling a spot will open up sometime this spring.

Reactions: hskr_bdgr
I am taking this as a nice way of Nebraska moving on. Like letting somebody resign instead of firing them.

Not true
The kid LOVED his visit to TTECH

We didnt cancel his visit- he did

This kid desperately wanted to commit to NU- but our offer was not committable. He got tired of being slow -played, it happens. See the pic of the kid frowning with Helds arm around him and the kid tweeting at Frost etc. Frustrating for anyone- especially an 18 year old kid.

Washington is NOT a slam dunk by any stretch

Last edited:
Not true
The kid LOVED his visit to TTECH

We didnt cancel his visit- he did

This kid desperately wanted to commit to NU- but our offer was not committable. He got tired of being slow -played, it happens. See the pic of the kid frowning with Helds arm around him and the kid tweeting at Frost etc. Frustrating for anyone- especially an 18 year old kid.

Washington is NOT a slam dunk by any stretch
Wrong. It was Nebraska that cancelled his visit. They feel very good about Washington and if he doesn't work out, have no problem offering Milton Sargbah as a "fallback". Kid is a baller and IMO, his film looks every bit as impressive as Henry's.

Doesn't matter one iota who cancelled

All N on Washington---coaches saw him in TX today then headed off to see mom in Cali

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT