ADVERTISEMENT

Take this for what it's worth

Hearsay

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2001
Houston, TX
I took my Mom to the Neiman Marcus Last Call (this morning) store near the Galleria here in Houston (wearing a Nebraska t-shirt). As I was walking around in the men's section, a man approached me and asked if I was from Nebraska. I told him no, but that I went to school there. We talked for a few minutes and then he starts talking football and recruiting to me. He specifically mentions Tristan Gebbia to me, stating that he's a really good kid and a helluva QB. He keeps talking to me about the Gebbia's like he personally knows them. At this point I have some doubts, but he then whips out his cell phone and proceeds to show me a number of pics of him, Tristan and KJJ at Nebraska (inside in the indoor practice facility). And yes, the pics were authentic. He never told me who he was (if related to the Gebbia's; family friend; part of Nebraska's staff; administration....I simply don't know). He didn't offer, so I didn't ask.

We probably talked for a good 20 minutes or so (while my Mom shopped). He stated that:
1. We will be (or at least should be) very happy when all is said and done.
2. The coaches are really excited.
3. The Calabassas connection is real and that we will see a number of commits from there in the coming year or two (mentioned Bookie....forgot to ask about the two WR's, one of which plays DB as well I believe).
4. Smiled when I mentioned Lewis, Calvin, Johnson.
5. Said to forget about Darnay....not happening (Darnay would have to be pulling a massive snow-job on all of them). Did say that they've been beating the NU drum hard, but that it doesn't appear to be making a difference with him. Said it looks like Columbus. Still hoping for a miracle however.
6. Said that there would be a surprise.....have no idea what/who it would be....wouldn't elaborate, but smiled.

We said our goodbyes and that was the end of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News