ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Sunday visit & recruiting tidbits [Updated 10:57 pm]

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
I've been making some calls and sending out some texts today and I've been able to confirmed some unofficial & official visits to Lincoln that will be taking place soon or have been scheduled.. They are listed below:

359814.jpg

Reisterstown (Md.) Franklin receiver/athlete Steven Smothers has slotted his first three official visits, including one to Nebraska.

The 5-foot-11, 150-pound Smothers sent us a text stating that he would be officially visiting West Virginia on September 5, Penn State on September 19, and Nebraska on November 7 for their home game with Michigan State.

==============

314333.jpg

Miami (Fla.) Southridge cornerback DiCaprio Bootle will be arriving in Nebraska Wednesday evening for an unofficial visit with his parents and little brother. They will be staying in Lincoln until Saturday.

Bootle attended NU's satellite camp in Miami and earned a Husker offer after running a 4.34 forty and performing well in the drills. Though he is unrated yet, there's a good chance that Bootle will be pulling the trigger and committing to Nebraska while on his trip or shortly thereafter.

===========

389193.jpg

Merced (Calif.) C.C. three-star defensive back Devron Davis will be unofficially visiting Arizona State soon, and then he will be in Lincoln for a trip from July 23-25 before his fall camp starts.

The 6-foot, 210-pound junior college prospect has acquired over 20 offers to date, including from Alabama, Florida State, Oregon, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and others.

============

I was also able to confirm a couple more official visits to Nebraska that have been locked in by recruits:

1683754.jpg

1682717.jpg
LB Pernell Jefferson; New Orleans (La.) Warren Easton Senior -- Sept. 25, Southern Miss game. He said that Nebraska has been in contact with him a lot and that they are recruiting him pretty hard.

38aGNX9v.jpg

1682717.jpg
DB Kentrell Love; Corona (Calif.) Centennial -- Sept. 25, Southern Miss game. His parents will be coming with him on his official to NU.

===========

359235.jpg

1682716.jpg
WR Tino Ellis; Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha -- The Cornhuskers recently made the final six for this Rivals250 receiver and he told me today the schools he will definitely be taking official visits to are Nebraska, Rutgers and Kentucky.

==============

401273.jpg

Bryan also confirmed with Lee's Summit (Mo.) West offensive line recruit Boe Wilson that he will be announcing his college decision between Nebraska and Louisville on Thursday. Bryan said that he feels pretty good about the Huskers' chances to land the three-star.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News