ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, March 19th Nebraska vs Nicholls (Huskers lose 10-7)

Is it safe to assume at this point that if our bats don’t win us Sundays we are in trouble? Love our 1 & 2 starters and initial bullpen but holy cow can we just find a Sunday guy that can become average? 🧐

This is the first time Garza has had a rough outing, I'm not about to write him off yet
Not a knock on Garza at all. I’m talking about finding a quality starter which is a very different mentality. This is probably why they pushed so hard to have him come out of the pen. Maybe Brockett can be that guy, or maybe Garza is that guy and just had a horrible day.

Reactions: saluno22
Back to back innings with bases left loaded. We can’t afford to lose these games so hopefully they figure out a big inning here in the next couple.

Swansen left two stranded in the 8th, five total for the game. Nicholls lead 10-7 heading to the 9th.

12 runners stranded for us so far. Oof.

Another bad loss on the pitching staff unfortunately. Yes the bats left guys on but giving up 10 earned runs is not going to increase those odds.

Love our 1-2 punch as starters but very shaky after that outside of a couple. Still a few RPI killers on the schedule. This is the tough part about being a northern team. The ability for the Sun Belt to schedule midweek games against the SEC is a huge benefit RPI wise we just don’t have. I think we just need to win the Big Ten and make it all a non issue.

Another bad loss on the pitching staff unfortunately. Yes the bats left guys on but giving up 10 earned runs is not going to increase those odds.

Love our 1-2 punch as starters but very shaky after that outside of a couple. Still a few RPI killers on the schedule. This is the tough part about being a northern team. The ability for the Sun Belt to schedule midweek games against the SEC is a huge benefit RPI wise we just don’t have. I think we just need to win the Big Ten and make it all a non issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT