ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, February 26th Nebraska at South Alabama (Huskers win 9-3)

It’s early and it mean’s absolutely nothing but I got a chuckle that Warren Nolan has San Diego #1 in RPI and Nebraska #4. I guess we all need to just keep rooting for SD to win all their games and Nebraska to win all theirs so we finish 1 and 2 and meet in Omaha for the revenge game right?

The Big Ten is also 3rd for conferences. Which in truth won’t end that way but still good to start high then start low after a couple weekends. Some big games for the conference this weekend. Unfortunately Iowa is looking pretty good.

I’m guessing the game today is on ESPN. I probably should just mute myself and let you all just watch the game in peace. Long ride back to Omaha but well worth the trip.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
It’s early and it mean’s absolutely nothing but I got a chuckle that Warren Nolan has San Diego #1 in RPI and Nebraska #4.
Of course early RPI is useless but, you know what, to hell with that. I'm just going to smile and enjoy this while it lasts.

Hot and muggy here today. Not sure I would have picked black jerseys today but that’s what we’re rocking today.

How does ESPN+ do for anyone that has it? I haven’t gotten it and most likely won’t as I just don’t feel I’d use it enough. I still haven’t gotten BTN+ yet either as it sounds like a lot of teams have subpar broadcasting. I do enjoy the good ole fashion radio so that helps but always debate it this time of year.

How does ESPN+ do for anyone that has it? I haven’t gotten it and most likely won’t as I just don’t feel I’d use it enough. I still haven’t gotten BTN+ yet either as it sounds like a lot of teams have subpar broadcasting. I do enjoy the good ole fashion radio so that helps but always debate it this time of year.
Yeah, the sub par broadcasting is a real issue and when we do a + network then cast it to TV the poor production is really glaring.

I don't know, I'm about 50/50 on the whole thing. And, yep, the radio works real well for me. Maybe I'm 60/40 radio.

The athletic department twitter is posting highlights from the ESPN+ feed and it looks far more normal then the typical student-run joke that is BTN+ for whatever that's worth. But I'm not going to subscribe to watch two or three baseball games 😬

Top of the 4th up 4-1. Walk by Evans and a double down the left line by Brice ends the day for their pitcher.

The ESPN+ feed for this is very good. And free if you have Verizon unlimited

Misplayed pop to right scores another run.
Was that an error in your opinion?

Radio guys saying max effort on the 2nd baseman's part but it was just too difficult. Scorer said he was camped under the blooper and muffed it.

Game has slowed down a bit. We are up 7-3 top of the 7th. Would like a few more runs please.

Was that an error in your opinion?

Radio guys saying max effort on the 2nd baseman's part but it was just too difficult. Scorer said he was camped under the blooper and muffed it.
The second baseman was going back on it and the wind took it a little to his right. He sort of lunged for it, broke off his glove to his left and then the two other outfielders tried to catch it. I’d say error as he touched it initially.

Yeah, the sub par broadcasting is a real issue and when we do a + network then cast it to TV the poor production is really glaring.

I don't know, I'm about 50/50 on the whole thing. And, yep, the radio works real well for me. Maybe I'm 60/40 radio.
I'm good with watching on BTN+ and listening to the radio broadcast. I listen on the app so I can pause the audio to sync it to the video.

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22
Well, it was a good weekend in Mobile. Getting to .500 (and #2 in the RPI!!!) after the first-weekend dumpster fire feels pretty good. And the biggest issue in San Diego was nothing close to an issue. The bullpen didn't allow a run!

I said last weekend was an F. This weekend? B+ It's only not an A because of Friday. NU did many things to hand the Jaguars that game, but found a way to win it. Saturday and Sunday were dominant wins.

Big weekend in Minneapolis on tap...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT