ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, April 25th: Nebraska at Michigan State - (Huskers win 9-6 in 12 innings)

Tough travel stretch, 6 of 8 on the road with our 2 longest on back-to-back weekends (3 of last 4 series are longest trips). Not an excuse at all, but it was obvious to me we didn't have it all together defensively/offensively starting on Friday. Tip of the cap to Benschoter, unreal performance.

11 IP from our bullpen this weekend with 0 runs allowed. That's big time, regardless of opponent. For me, today's pitching hero is Koty Frank. Outstanding performance to give us a chance.

On to Rutgers!

I know the E6 in the third basically gave MSU three runs but there were myriad game-saving plays in the field that made this a win.

The Huskers brought their C- game to East Lansing but still got the series win and increased their lead in the standings. Can’t be too upset about that!

Let’s not forget this team has played 20 games away from home and only 7 at the friendly confines. It’s a 9/8 home/away split the rest of the way so it will be nice to have a little more home cooking.

Reactions: k9_r
I know the E6 in the third basically gave MSU three runs but there were myriad game-saving plays in the field that made this a win.

The Huskers brought their C- game to East Lansing but still got the series win and increased their lead in the standings. Can’t be too upset about that!

Let’s not forget this team has played 20 games away from home and only 7 at the friendly confines. It’s a 9/8 home/away split the rest of the way so it will be nice to have a little more home cooking.
Crazy how little we play at home this year compared to other teams.

today’s game came down to the bullpen and the outfields ability to make big plays. Chick, Hallmark, even Mojo at the end to avoid a potential rally.

It was by far our ugliest series of the year and to sneak out 2 and win the series can’t complain too much. Baseball is about grit when it isn’t working for you and somehow we found a way to win an ugly game.

If that kid from MSU isn’t their Sunday starter going forward that coach should be canned.

Man oh man oh man. Somehow we out lasted that nine inning mowing machine they put on the mound and pulled out a win. There's gotta be at least one definition of 'great game' that fits this one. Great game!

Last edited:
Man oh man oh man. Somehow we out lasted that nine inning mowing machine they put on the mound and pulled out a win. There's gotta be at least one definition of 'great game' that fits this one. Great game!
Bullpen and just enough big plays on defense to last long enough for our cold bats to wake up a little.

I assumed we’d hit a cold bat funk at some point because that’s the story of baseball. I’m hoping that was it and we will get the energy back next week at home.

Bullpen and just enough big plays on defense to last long enough for our cold bats to wake up a little.

I assumed we’d hit a cold bat funk at some point because that’s the story of baseball. I’m hoping that was it and we will get the energy back next week at home.
Gonna give the bats a pass today, that was one helluva performance the MSU guy put on from the mound.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Crazy how baseball works. A guy with a 10+ ERA coming into the game has a masterful outing from the bullpen.

A team that their bats have been awesome this season struggled.

Lets sweep Rutgers.

Gary Sharpe said 5,000 fans per game allowed this weekend against Rutgers? My oh my, if that's the case, Haymarket should be LIT each game!
I'm going to be ready to buy the second they go on sale. With the spring game I think the demand will be huge

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT