ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, April 10th: Nebraska vs Rutgers (Huskers Lose 19-1)

McCarville gives up a 2 run HR to start the game and the Huskers go down in order to end the 1st.

Christo Tuesday? I'd actually go Hood, but I'm not sure what his pitch build is & if he's scheduled for today.

BYU weekend rotation:
Frank - Olson - Schanaman - Brockett

Don't care what Brockett does today, he's my guy next weekend. I have Shay 3rd as it keeps him on Friday schedule and gives us a R-L-R-L rotation.

We need to get Olson, Brockett, Hood, Christo & Benson as many innings as possible. Let them live & learn for 2023.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Nothing to report in the 2nd. Dawson was pulled for Brockett which hopefully ends his weekend run finally. Everitt walked but was then picked off. 2-0 RU after 2.

Christo Tuesday? I'd actually go Hood, but I'm not sure what his pitch build is & if he's scheduled for today.

BYU weekend rotation:
Frank - Olson - Schanaman - Brockett

Don't care what Brockett does today, he's my guy next weekend. I have Shay 3rd as it keeps him on Friday schedule and gives us a R-L-R-L rotation.

We need to get Olson, Brockett, Hood, Christo & Benson as many innings as possible. Let them live & learn for 2023.
I 100% agree with this. If you are going to get shelled at least let it matter toward the future. Playing Dawson at this point does nothing for us in the short term or the longterm.

Rutgers doesn’t hurt themselves. Reminds me of our team last year to an extent. I enjoy watching them play. Watching us play is like repeatedly getting punched in the face at times.

Reactions: Hskrbsbl2020
A couple basesrunners for RU in the top of the 3rd and a double Cervantes in the bottom half lead to no change in score.

A solo shot in the top half gives RU the 3-0 lead. A Chick double off the RF wall, G4 to advance the runner to 3rd by Anderson, and a SAC fly from Everitt give Nebraska their first run of the game to end the 4th. 3-1 RU.

I 100% agree with this. If you are going to get shelled at least let it matter toward the future. Playing Dawson at this point does nothing for us in the short term or the longterm.
Yep, no other way to do it. Midweek games are becoming less and less important as we go so might as well let Christo go 5 innings and sink or float.

After Brockett works a clean top of the 6th Matthews works a walk, Chick gets on with a HBP, But of course what is the most Nebraska thing to do this year? Go hitless with your 3 and 4 hitter. 3-1 RU after 6.

These rally-killing strikeouts are just depressing. At least Brockett kept it close, but man the offense is lifeless.

Tyler Martin came in to pitch the top of the 7th to give up an RBI single and a grand slam to make it a 8-1 game. CJ Hood replaces him and gives up a 2 RBI HR to make it a 10-1 game. Another 2 RBI double makes it a 12-1 game.

aaaaaaand I’m out. Going to go golfing instead. Ha

Is it time to thank Rob Childress and send him home?
God, I hate asking that.

Is it time to thank Rob Childress and send him home?
God, I hate asking that.
I’m not even sure what his involvement is but if he is involved then maybe they need to dial it back a tad. Of course Harvell and Bolt’s plate approach haven’t helped much either.

Garbage time, but important for Christo. Instead of him tossing a clean 1 2/3, Brice screws up leading to 5 unearned runs and Drew doubting himself even more.

Reactions: Danimal4NU and k9_r
Garbage time, but important for Christo. Instead of him tossing a clean 1 2/3, Brice screws up leading to 5 unearned runs and Drew doubting himself even more.
The mental focus of this team is maddening.

So it’s clear that this team doesn’t have it this year. My question is, what do we do the rest of this season and into the offseason to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Hit the transfer portal hard? Make some assistant coaching changes (although the assistants were good last year so maybe it’s not them?). Do we just stick with what we have and hope they progress into a decent team year? So many questions. Gotta admit I’m glad I’m not in Bolt’s shoes on this one. He gets a pass in my book this year because of how great last year was, but next year can’t be a repeat of this junk we’re watching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT