ADVERTISEMENT

Storms

Best info coming from Omaha tv stations KETV, etc. with their live reports. Yeah, it's Bill Ramby - sorry, I can't remember which station the "weather hottie" is with.
You are plugged in for an out-stater! Julie, Bill and Rob my whole life basically and the wowt CHIEF meteorologist is Emily Roehler. Every bachelor in the metro area was crestfallen to see that rock appear on her hand.

You are plugged in for an out-stater! Julie, Bill and Rob my whole life basically and the wowt CHIEF meteorologist is Emily Roehler. Every bachelor in the metro area was crestfallen to see that rock appear on her hand.
Wait - the weather hottie is engaged????

I come back to Omaha at least once a year and watch the Omaha news with my sister and her husband. Watching the various weather people is always a high light.

Reactions: cornhustler
I think everyone better start coming to grips that the spring game might not happen if the injury reports in Lincoln are accurate. I hope no one died.
2 people treated for minor injuries so far in Lincoln. 30% chance of rain for later afternoon in Lincoln tomorrow.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Around 4 o’clock we saw them form up over the ridge about a mile from us near 133, about 7 miles from Blair. It was crazy watching these two fronts move towards each other like two fighters squaring off, and then just blackness followed by huge gusts of wind.

We know some people that lost the roof to their house and had their barn destroyed over near Todd Drive if you’re familiar with that area.

Bill Ranby was putting in work today. Good job by him as hundreds of thousands were tuning in.

Reactions: Laner2

lW4wz0x.jpg

qW8asTO.jpg

My daughter and family in Elkhorn live just a few blocks from some of the really bad damage. They were very lucky. Hopefully everyone is found alive. Terrible stuff.
the destruction in NW Omaha looks awful It's hard to imagine there wasn't loss of life. Sounds like some people were trapped in basements.

Around 4 o’clock we saw them form up over the ridge about a mile from us near 133, about 7 miles from Blair. It was crazy watching these two fronts move towards each other like two fighters squaring off, and then just blackness followed by huge gusts of wind.

We know some people that lost the roof to their house and had their barn destroyed over near Todd Drive if you’re familiar with that area.

Bill Ranby was putting in work today. Good job by him as hundreds of thousands were tuning in.
We might be neighbors

Reactions: drubendall
I don't have any facts here, but people on that plane make it sound like the plane landed while Epply was in a tornado warning not long before that tornado touched down. I'm wondering why that plane still got the go ahead to land? I would think that the threat of wind shears would make landing a gamble not worth taking, let alone a tornado.

I don't have any facts here, but people on that plane make it sound like the plane landed while Epply was in a tornado warning not long before that tornado touched down. I'm wondering why that plane still got the go ahead to land? I would think that the threat of wind shears would make landing a gamble not worth taking, let alone a tornado.
Might not have had much choice depending on fuel and distance to another big enough landing spot. They are pretty cautious.

Look another round of storms this evening from Texas to Nebraska. Predicted more tornadoes all night.

Went through the neighborhood in Elkhorn that was hit and one side of a road has minimal damage and the other sides have the address painted on some blocks where the houses were. West part of neighborhood is flattened. Cemetery has bedsheets in the trees and headstones missing. Kids were lucky they were at school.

Went through the neighborhood in Elkhorn that was hit and one side of a road has minimal damage and the other sides have the address painted on some blocks where the houses were. West part of neighborhood is flattened. Cemetery has bedsheets in the trees and headstones missing. Kids were lucky they were at school.
We have friends who just moved in to their new house in NW Omaha and it’s gonzo. Fortunately they weren’t home. EXTREMELY lucky kids were at school still

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT