ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers

Yep he had coached 17 years never a losing record in the NFL . A major underachiever. You’re a fkn idiot.
His record is filthy with 8/8 and 9/7 seasons. Impressive! .621 lifetime winning percentage. Whoa! Enjoy your sh!tty team. More mediocrity this season.

I think he's a great coach...he is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit due to his QB situation...but to doubt his coaching chops is weird. Outside of Andy, is there another 2 time SB winning coach roaming the sidelines right now?? ... i'm struggling to think of him if there is.

I think he's a great coach...he is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit due to his QB situation...but to doubt his coaching chops is weird. Outside of Andy, is there another 2 time SB winning coach roaming the sidelines right now?? ... i'm struggling to think of him if there is.
Are you counting Super Bowl as an assistant coach?

His record is filthy with 8/8 and 9/7 seasons. Impressive! .621 lifetime winning percentage. Whoa! Enjoy your sh!tty team. More mediocrity this season.
It’s not my team my point is you called him an underachievier . He has won a Super Bowl and made the playoffs 70 percent of his career. My point stands your a fkn idiot .

He says and tries to do the right things. Defense will be good again, Steeler type defense.

Offense isn’t Steelers offense. Power rushing game, physical and punishing. Go away from the nature of the organization and the results get limited. He’ll stay there as long as he wants because of Steelers loyalty. He has to get an offensive line that punishes defenses not a patty cake Swiss cheese line which has been far too common in recent years.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Kenny Pickett wasn't the problem.
Because Kenny Pickett's play with the Eagles has been stellar? Kenny Pickett is looking at getting beat out for 2nd team QB. Technically, you are correct because Kenny Pickett truly wasn't THE problem, but he was A problem. The other main problem was Matt Canada.

As far as the here and now, everyone should realize that this is the preseason. And secondly, nobody said the offense was going to be a team strength. The Steelers have two QB rejects battling to start, one of the youngest O-lines in the league, the WRs are the biggest team weakness and they have the least amount of all NFL teams invested in their offense overall. Plus they are playing in the toughest division in the NFL.

Tomlin has critics, but almost all of them are anonymous fans and a small minority at that. Media critics of Tomlin are all know-littles in a desperate search for clicks and views.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Oh gawd. I hope this isn't another thread where people somehow think pre-season matters. After all these years I'm still shocked at the number or people who think this. These same people probably buy jerseys after the spring game.
their O line was awful last year and it doesn't appear like it will be better this year. Pickett was the scape goat and no doubt Tomlin berated him constantly. That's his style. Great coach but IMO suffers from some of the same ego problems that Belichick did. All they need is an average offense and they're a playoff team again. That's not going to happen until they fix their O line. Pickett wasn't the problem.

He's a top 10 coach in the NFL. Start going through the NFL coaches and you will have a pretty long list of guys that aren't any good. Not too difficult though, plenty of bad coaches or guys with little to no history.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Kinda weird how Tomlin has been average at best since Big Ben slid into mediocrity and worse. For every bad coach there's a Daniel Jones to go with him. Belichick would be Tomlin if not for Brady. Coaching is overrated. I blame Tomlin for staying with a franchise that saddles him with one terrible QB after another.

weird how Tomlin has been average at best since Big Ben slid into mediocrity and worse. For every bad coach there's a Daniel Jones to go with him. Belichick would be Tomlin if not for Brady. Coaching is overrated. I blame Tomlin for staying with a franchise that saddles him with one terrible QB after another.
Tomlin, like Belichick, is intimately involved with personnel decisions. Granted he might not have as much control as Belichick did, but he has had plenty of input on who they draft and sign. He no doubt signed off on Fields and Wilson. They gave Pickett away. After watching Fields, Wilson and Pickett in the preseason, I'm not sure they wouldn't have been better off keeping Pickett. I wish my Vikings could have picked him up instead of Darnold.

Kinda weird how Tomlin has been average at best since Big Ben slid into mediocrity and worse. For every bad coach there's a Daniel Jones to go with him. Belichick would be Tomlin if not for Brady. Coaching is overrated. I blame Tomlin for staying with a franchise that saddles him with one terrible QB after another.
Yes, it seems like every "great coach" in the NFL has a QB they rode to a lot of wins. And If we are talking about winning percentage, Tomlin's 62% is similar to Bill Cowher 62%, Tom Landry 60%, Bellichick 65%, Sean Payton 62%, Bud Grant 61%, Andy Reed 64%, Pete Carroll 59%, John Harbaugh 61% although it seems unlikely he is trending the right way.

Last edited:
Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Tomlin, like Belichick, is intimately involved with personnel decisions. Granted he might not have as much control as Belichick did, but he has had plenty of input on who they draft and sign. He no doubt signed off on Fields and Wilson. They gave Pickett away. After watching Fields, Wilson and Pickett in the preseason, I'm not sure they wouldn't have been better off keeping Pickett. I wish my Vikings could have picked him up instead of Darnold.
Good point. If anything, Tomlin is a victim of his own mediocrity lately. Good enough to keep his job, not bad enough to select a franchise-changing QB at the top of the draft. I went back and looked at the 2022 draft for QB's when Pickett was the first QB off the board at #20, my god what a heap of trash. But you're right, if he's picking these QB's he's not a good evaluator.

Reactions: bama_husker
Again, you are basing this off PRE-SEASON. People love to hate Fields, I think he can win games for a team like the Steelers. AFC North is a man's division. I give Tomlin credit for fielding a playoff team in that division.

Reactions: mgbreis
Again, you are basing this off PRE-SEASON. People love to hate Fields, I think he can win games for a team like the Steelers. AFC North is a man's division. I give Tomlin credit for fielding a playoff team in that division.
I agree, as long as he somehow magically learns to hang onto the ball. 30 interceptions and 38 fumbles (11 lost) for his career. That won't play with a defense and run the ball franchise. Kinda reminds me of the pro version of AM at Nebraska. Tantalizing talent that shows flashes and results in hot fan debates over his worth, but definitely not good enough to win with to this point. Very interested to watch this situation in Pittsburgh. I wish they hadn't brought in Wilson to muddy the whole thing.

I agree, as long as he somehow magically learns to hang onto the ball. 30 interceptions and 38 fumbles (11 lost) for his career. That won't play with a defense and run the ball franchise. Kinda reminds me of the pro version of AM at Nebraska. Tantalizing talent that shows flashes and results in hot fan debates over his worth, but definitely not good enough to win with to this point. Very interested to watch this situation in Pittsburgh. I wish they hadn't brought in Wilson to muddy the whole thing.
I think his mobility will work good for Tomlin. Try to grind out drives. Score by any means possible. People don't really acknowledge how he went from slinging it at pass happy OSU to becoming a pro dual threat. They could have a pretty decent ball control offense.

Reactions: mgbreis
They shoulda made an insane run at Lamar...now would Baltimore let that happen since they're in same division? History suggests no, but they didn't even try. At worst you run up his price tag and hamstring the Ravens, at beat you get a QB for 2 first rounders..fpr the Steelers, it was worth a shot.

Not totally. I’m also basing it off of what li saw from these guys last year. The Steelers have tried to shore up their O line via the draft but haven’t gotten it done. Do you really think Fields was an upgrade? I don’t.

Not totally. I’m also basing it off of what li saw from these guys last year. The Steelers have tried to shore up their O line via the draft but haven’t gotten it done. Do you really think Fields was an upgrade? I don’t.
Fields has the tools to be fantastic, but there’s something missing in his game. I can’t quite pinpoint it. He can hang around for a while, but he scares no one.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Fields has the tools to be fantastic, but there’s something missing in his game. I can’t quite pinpoint it. He can hang around for a while, but he scares no one.
Reminds me a lot of AMart. Electrifying plays at times and then mind numbing mistakes.

Reactions: bigboxes
I think his mobility will work good for Tomlin. Try to grind out drives. Score by any means possible. People don't really acknowledge how he went from slinging it at pass happy OSU to becoming a pro dual threat. They could have a pretty decent ball control offense.
He has to cut down on bad reads and unforced errors. He has the physical tools but I still think Pickett has more potential to grow in to a winning NFL QB. He was in a really bad situation last year. I expect Pickett to be one of those guys who sticks around the NFL for a long time and eventually wins a starting job again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT