ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers @ Bills

Start the whining and excuses early. Bills were on the right side of every call today, and the Chiefs were not against the Dolphins, at all. But don’t let that stop the crying, just in case the Bills lose.
I'm far from a Chiefs fan but the anti-Chiefs have become more annoying than Tswift. Reminds me of the Deion haters who were googling him every hour and watching every CU game. Yeah, that will make him go away.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Mahomes watching film to prep…

c3bef0d97186f7d6e5fb61ec2455398a.gif

giphy.gif
Made me laugh out loud🤣

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
To be perfectly honest, I didn't care which NFL team won this particular game except that I was interested to see if there was any truth whatsoever to that one time slim rumor about the Steeler's coach coming to Nebraska as the QB coach. Now that the Steelers lost I guess we'll find out before long.

Start the whining and excuses early. Bills were on the right side of every call today, and the Chiefs were not against the Dolphins, at all. But don’t let that stop the crying, just in case the Bills lose.
The obvious thing that I take from watching these games is that the officiating does change outcomes and that it’s been very inconsistent on what gets called. Obvious PIs went uncalled in Tampa for sure but the calls in that Bills, Chiefs or Tampa games weren’t going to change the outcomes.

The obvious thing that I take from watching these games is that the officiating does change outcomes and that it’s been very inconsistent on what gets called. Obvious PIs went uncalled in Tampa for sure but the calls in that Bills, Chiefs or Tampa games weren’t going to change the outcomes.

I thought the Chiefs game was called about as good as it gets. No opinion on the other two as I didn't watch all of them but i'm baffled as to why people are still whining about the Chiefs getting all the calls....did they actually watch last Saturdays game....and the Chiefs last 5 games? Zebras did the Chiefs no favors, at all, in recent memory.

Reactions: headcard
Interesting stats on roughing the QB. This season, Josh Allen has had the most called with 7. Mahomes was 11th on the list with 3, behind a few guys that were only part time players.

As for all active QBs (with at least 32 games), Trevor Siemian actually had the most roughing penalties per 100 attempts (.993). Allen is 2nd with .946. Mahomes is 26th on the list with .553 roughing penalties per 100 attempts.

Interesting stats on roughing the QB. This season, Josh Allen has had the most called with 7. Mahomes was 11th on the list with 3, behind a few guys that were only part time players.

As for all active QBs (with at least 32 games), Trevor Siemian actually had the most roughing penalties per 100 attempts (.993). Allen is 2nd with .946. Mahomes is 26th on the list with .553 roughing penalties per 100 attempts.

Hahaha. That collective groan you hear is from all the anti Chief fans exhaling and mumbling.

But these facts don’t support the crying and conspiracy theories.

Yeah bro .. it’s the playoffs and Mahomes has already received two. Sure there will
Be more to come..

Its possible we were watching a different game....and admit it...the stat showing you and the other haters wrong about this subject surprised you didn't it? Did me. Thought he had lapped the field with the calls just from reading this board. That stat was delicious.

I thought the Chiefs game was called about as good as it gets. No opinion on the other two as I didn't watch all of them but i'm baffled as to why people are still whining about the Chiefs getting all the calls....did they actually watch last Saturdays game....and the Chiefs last 5 games? Zebras did the Chiefs no favors, at all, in recent memory
No doubt. I’m a Chiefs fan and if you have watched any of their games they don’t or haven’t gotten the benefit of calls at all. They’re incredibly penalized. And Mahomes is also one of the toughest quarterbacks playing hurt in the playoffs last year. The haters kill me.

Its possible we were watching a different game....and admit it...the stat showing you and the other haters wrong about this subject surprised you didn't it? Did me. Thought he had lapped the field with the calls just from reading this board. That stat was delicious.
Yep one of the reasons chiefs struggled this year, but Mahomes is getting the flop calls when needed most (playoffs)

• Haha
Yep one of the reasons chiefs struggled this year, but Mahomes is getting the flop calls when needed most (playoffs)

What calls? They absolutely dominated their only playoff game, and weren’t exactly on the right side of the calls in that one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
So we have supporting evidence that neither Mahomes nor the Chiefs are getting preferential treatment from the officials.

But still…Taylor Swift. I mean, come on.

In all honesty these stats showing how little the Chiefs are penalized surprises even me. If i'm being honest I would have lost a lotta money on that. Felt like more. Not to the point to say that's why they were winning games, but It felt like more and to see just how little the calls are going their way should quiet the haters, but it prolly won't.

Last edited:
In all honesty these stats showing how little the Chiefs are penalized surprises even me. If i'm being honest I would have lost a lotta money on that. Felt like more. Not to the point to say that's why they were winning games, but It gelt like more and to see juat how little the calls are going their way should quiet the haters, but it prolly won't.
For the last time.. chiefs get the roughing the passer/late hit calls in the playoffs. They were literally handed two victories in the playoffs last year by the officials , and it looks like the refs are ready to repeat this year

why you goobers keep referencing the regular season is mind numbing .

For the last time.. chiefs get the roughing the passer/late hit calls in the playoffs. They were literally handed two victories in the playoffs last year by the officials , and it looks like the refs are ready to repeat this year

If the Dolphins don't want to be called for roughing, then they shouldn't commit the penalty.

So obvious calls like that should be ignored when they occur against the Chiefs, and if they are called it is handing them victories. Interesting.

So obvious calls like that should be ignored when they occur against the Chiefs, and if they are called it is handing them victories. Interesting.
A one-handed push and a Mahomes flop isn’t a penalty boys. Maybe you guys should switch to being fans of soccer

Reactions: dinglefritz
A one-handed push and a Mahomes flop isn’t a penalty boys. Maybe you guys should switch to being fans of soccer

Not sure what hit you are debating. The late hit in the Miami game is a penalty in the NFL. Do you really think this was my Miami lost? The Chiefs completely dominated the game from start to finish. And we’re in the wrong side of some actual blown calls.

And as far as being “given” a game last year, I assume you are talking the Bengals game. If so, come on that is called every time, be pissed at the boneheaded play by the defender. Chiefs were also on the edge of FG range without the correctly called penalty.

Reactions: BetterRed
Not sure what hit you are debating. The late hit in the Miami game is a penalty in the NFL. Do you really think this was my Miami lost? The Chiefs completely dominated the game from start to finish. And we’re in the wrong side of some actual blown calls.

And as far as being “given” a game last year, I assume you are talking the Bengals game. If so, come on that is called every time, be pissed at the boneheaded play by the defender. Chiefs were also on the edge of FG range without the correctly called penalty.

What a flop by mahomes. Another soccer fan !

Reactions: dinglefritz

People don’t have to like these calls. But they are legitimate based on the NFL rulebook. Seems their beef is more with the NFL overlords than the players themselves. Players hopping up, throwing the imaginary flag to get the attention has gone on forever. It actually makes me laugh.

“It’s so unfair when the player I don’t like gets a call in his favor which is the correct one.” (resume inconsolable sobbing and gasping for air)
🥹😥😰

That on roughing call on Mahommes was really weak and on the same play there was a very obvious offensive holding that was ignored. Bad officiating that probably ended up not mattering.

That on roughing call on Mahommes was really weak and on the same play there was a very obvious offensive holding that was ignored. Bad officiating that probably ended up not mattering.

Now give us your opinion on the blatant PI against the Fish a few min earlier on a 3rd down at a time when the game was still in doubt and it wasn't called.

Regarding playoffs, Mahomes is actually 8th among active QBs with respect to roughing penalties per 100 attempts. He jumped two spots due to the 2 roughing penalties called in the Miami game. That moved him ahead of Jimmy G and Jared Allen.

Those numbers skew a lot due to the fact that some guys on the list have just 1 playoff game, while Mahomes and Allen have played 15 and 16 respectively.

I agree on the hold (Miami got away with a huge one on a completed 4th down too). However, the roughing is a penalty in the NFL. That was a bad choice by the defender; he took like three steps after the ball was out before he hit the QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT