ADVERTISEMENT

Starting Rotation

Is this concrete or a guess?

Coach Bolt was on the air a couple weeks ago and said Schanaman Friday, Perry Saturday. Kind of weird to say that and have a change of mind. Plus, tough to imagine we'd go LHP then 3 straight scheduled RHP's to open the weekend.

Ah, Basnett tweeted it.

I'm in disbelief. I'm hoping nothing is wrong with Shay as he was leaps and bounds the #1 guy after the fall and a couple weeks ago.

We're without someone this weekend, and possibly longer, from the bullpen and he was a key to the 2021 pen. He's traveling this weekend though.

Sounds like we lost another one from the 2021 class, Randazzo isn't on the roster anymore.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sklarbodds
Please tell me that Perry has dazzled this Spring and simple can't be denied the Friday job.

Please tell me that Perry has dazzled this Spring and simple can't be denied the Friday job.

All I'm saying is, the announcement is shocking. And not just to me. Kyle is a competitor though, my concern is his 86 velo as a Friday guy.

Gomes starting 1B in game 1.

From what I can gather Perry just won the spot.

I don't see that as the case at all. Unless you're the incumbent, you don't just win a spot after 3.5 weeks of pitching live when someone else has absolutely dominated from September to present. Not under this staff you don't. Or, at least that was the case in 2020 & 2021...

Coach Bolt mentioned in today's interview (a) Perry holds runners better and (b) this can force SHSU in to a different lineup. (a) is even more confusing since we're starting 3 straight RHP's after Friday and neither guy Saturday holds runners well.

Oh well, enough time has been wasted on this. On to Friday, LFG Perry!

Ah, Basnett tweeted it.

I'm in disbelief. I'm hoping nothing is wrong with Shay as he was leaps and bounds the #1 guy after the fall and a couple weeks ago.

We're without someone this weekend, and possibly longer, from the bullpen and he was a key to the 2021 pen. He's traveling this weekend though.

Sounds like we lost another one from the 2021 class, Randazzo isn't on the roster anymore.
My guess is it has to do with the 7 inning game Saturday. I have a hard time imagining Perry will go 7 innings and it wouldn’t shock me to see Shay go 7. In this thinking, you save your bullpen for Friday and the second game Saturday with Perry pitching Friday assuming Shay pitches 7 innings. If Shay pitches Friday, you use your bullpen for all 3 games. Just my thought as I can see Shay taking over the Friday night role on a 3 game weekend.

My guess is it has to do with the 7 inning game Saturday. I have a hard time imagining Perry will go 7 innings and it wouldn’t shock me to see Shay go 7. In this thinking, you save your bullpen for Friday and the second game Saturday with Perry pitching Friday assuming Shay pitches 7 innings. If Shay pitches Friday, you use your bullpen for all 3 games. Just my thought as I can see Shay taking over the Friday night role on a 3 game weekend.

Interesting thought process, Shay did go 6 last year opening weekend against Purdue in a 7-inning game. Chance did too, that Saturday doubleheader were each 7-inning games. With that said, for Shay to go 6 or 7 innings, that'll take 75-90 pitches minimum and I can't imagine they'd bounce him back on short rest for the TCU weekend. Same for the following weekend as we play 2 Friday & 2 Saturday (yuck, I hate that). So someone, or two, will have to bounce back on short rest the 3rd weekend of the season.

Let's see what happens this weekend with pitch counts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT