ADVERTISEMENT

Spielman is N

Welcome on board JD. Just had a feel he wanted to play for Riley.

Welcome on board JD. Just had a feel he wanted to play for Riley.
https://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-JD-Spielman-171150 Welcome and GBR!!
CMd9_AlUYAAJvec.jpg
Spielman is the adopted son of Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman, and the nephew of ESPN CFB analyst Chris Spielman. Chris Spielman @chris_spielmanProud of nephew @jdspielman10 for choosing @HuskerFBNation : great fans and a great place to play college football . You earned it!

Last edited:
There were some who thought he would go with UM because of family. But they don't pass much and with HCMR history of offense he has a chance to get more opportunities here. Glad to have him N.

We're in the top 5 for a lot of good wide receivers, glad to get one on the commit list. Similar measurables to Demornay, assuming for the same role.

Demornay (as HS senior) - 5'9", 174 lbs, 4.5 40, vertical 38
Spielman - 5'8", 173 lbs, 4.45 40, vertical 34

Even though from watching his film he may be 5'8" in cleats (1" cleats if they still make those), the numbers look very similar. Lets hope results are similar.

Because they are our bitches, and because at least one site shows that they were after him

He wasn't top of my list, but we wanted a slot receiver in this class, somebody in the mold of Demornay and he fills the bill. Steven Smothers went to WV, not sure who else we're after that for slot that I like better than Spielman.

Film is good, though not quite as holy cow WHY isn't everybody else offering as Pierson-El's. Very fast, excellent vision (probably his lacrosse background) and surprisingly strong for his size. Good addition to the class IMO.

Reactions: Cornicator
He wasn't top of my list, but we wanted a slot receiver in this class, somebody in the mold of Demornay and he fills the bill. Steven Smothers went to WV, not sure who else we're after that for slot that I like better than Spielman.

Film is good, though not quite as holy cow WHY isn't everybody else offering as Pierson-El's. Very fast, excellent vision (probably his lacrosse background) and surprisingly strong for his size. Good addition to the class IMO.

Agree, can never have enough playmakers on your team.

Tops in vision, speed , agility - How would you feel if TA was all three ? Somersaults !!! Big get and big connections.. To star at Lacrosse, is like being able to hit a baseball; excites me that he may have the " it " factor in addition. We ought to get out qb's in a summer Lacrosse league.

Tops in vision, speed , agility - How would you feel if TA was all three ? Somersaults !!! Big get and big connections.. To star at Lacrosse, is like being able to hit a baseball; excites me that he may have the " it " factor in addition. We ought to get out qb's in a summer Lacrosse league.

And unlike baseball, we don't have to worry about them going pro!

a "home" board had minny, iowa, iowa state, and michigan after him, i believe. some minny fans think he looked elsewhere because they had two "better" wr's accept offers.

i think he will look good in red! GBR!

Some positive reasons he may have committed here: outside the so many always quoted.

- His family is involved in professional football; so they like the HCMR connection, and probably his position
coach. We have coaches who have been in the NFL, seeing some benefit.
- HCMR has a history of great success including this size and talent set in his offense.
- Young receivers are being given a chance to play right away; signs of quick and long term development.
Here we are in the 500 mile radius again; grabbing some great potential talent. For those who
want even more stars; we are getting them also, plus kids who have high rankings nationally for athletic
ability.

Some positive reasons he may have committed here: outside the so many always quoted.

- His family is involved in professional football; so they like the HCMR connection, and probably his position
coach. We have coaches who have been in the NFL, seeing some benefit.
- HCMR has a history of great success including this size and talent set in his offense.
- Young receivers are being given a chance to play right away; signs of quick and long term development.
Here we are in the 500 mile radius again; grabbing some great potential talent. For those who
want even more stars; we are getting them also, plus kids who have high rankings nationally for athletic
ability.

We outta get 2 kids a year out of Minnesota minimum. Lotta population in the twin cities. In the OWH today, it reads like he was a back up last year to a talented kid that ended up at Iowa Western. 1) can we get a look at the kid that went to IW andd 2) if Spielman has a great year, does Ohio State come sniffing around with their obvious success and his uncles connection to the program. If they called, you'd probably listen at least.

You mentioned a couple weeks ago that you would share your rankings/board with us. When do you think you will have a chance to share it?
That would mean he actually had to put something together. Trolls don't usually go to that much effort, and are also usually terrible at math.

Sorry, been pretty busy with work. What position are you most interested as a starting pt?

I agree with 4.6.3, all of them would be nice. I'm not sure how you set it up (excel, word, a dry erase board, etc) but I can't think of a way to set it up where it would be more difficult to just release your entire rankings at once.

Like 4.6.3. Mentioned, a PDF makes sense. That way it can't be easily altered. It's pretty simple to convert most documents to a PDF. Google or the board can help you if you have questions. If for some reason it is an actual chalk board and you just like kicking it old school, take a picture. Most likely we will need several pictures. Imgur is an easy hosting website for pictures. Google/the board can help you if needed.

Out of curiosity, how do you have your board currently set up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT