ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation

They need to keep Mickey Joseph. Keep him and it's a lot easier to keep Palmer. Casey Thompson played well enough to earn another year. NIL money north of 500k never hurts. I think NIL money to outsiders needs to be much more selective. We should use it to retain our best kids and then bring in a few studs.

Sherman made it sound like a Joseph return is unlikely. If he is gone expect a massive roster change.
The main job of an interim is to put the program in the best place possible going into the next year. If there is a massive exodus of players based on Mickey’s status then he failed at his job

One of the downfalls of naming a player popular coach as interim

Hopefully Mickey convinced the players they are playing for the program and not him

Reactions: BleedRed78
Rhule gets to make his staff. Players transferring should have no part of Rhule s decision. Forced staff doesn’t work. Rhule needs his guys that he can work with to build for the long term. I’d love if our best players stay to be a part of that, but if not, short term pain for long term gain

Basically the whole starting lineups on offense and defense are made up of guys eligible to return. Keeping the guys we want to keep has to be the first priority for a new coach.

The main job of an interim is to put the program in the best place possible going into the next year. If there is a massive exodus of players based on Mickey’s status then he failed at his job

One of the downfalls of naming a player popular coach as interim

Hopefully Mickey convinced the players they are playing for the program and not him
For awhile now I’ve been wondering if you are a veteran troll who knows what he’s doing. If so, you are better than most trolls who can’t hide it. A ton of your posts are backhanded swipes against the coaches, the admin, the team, and your heartless post yesterday to Swiowahawk have made me wonder even more.

If there’s an exodus, so be it. Mickey held this team together despite 5 losses in a row. You wanna call him a failure for 3-6, I suppose you could. But no matter what happens moving forward, he did his job.

Reactions: scojo16
For awhile now I’ve been wondering if you are a veteran troll who knows what he’s doing. If so, you are better than most trolls who can’t hide it. A ton of your posts are backhanded swipes against the coaches, the admin, the team, and your heartless post yesterday to Swiowahawk have made me wonder even more.

If there’s an exodus, so be it. Mickey held this team together despite 5 losses in a row. You wanna call him a failure for 3-6, I suppose you could. But no matter what happens moving forward, he did his job.
I hope Mickey is retained. However if a bunch of the projected 2 deep leave because he is not retained then the program is worse overall a result of MJs time here

The schedule is very favorable next year

As I said I hope he is retained.

I hope Mickey is retained. However if a bunch of the projected 2 deep leave because he is not retained then the program is worse overall a result of MJs time here

The schedule is very favorable next year

As I said I hope he is retained.
Oh, I hope he is retained as well. But if a lot of players (starters even) leave, that’s not on Mickey.

Palmer could go just about anywhere. Thompson could go lots of places. Some of our other better places as well. If they are enticed away to a team that already is established and winning games, it’s mickey’s fault they didn’t stay in Lincoln?

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Oh, I hope he is retained as well. But if a lot of players (starters even) leave, that’s not on Mickey.

Palmer could go just about anywhere. Thompson could go lots of places. Some of our other better places as well. If they are enticed away to a team that already is established and winning games, it’s mickey’s fault they didn’t stay in Lincoln?

Palmer declared for the NFL draft

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT