ADVERTISEMENT

Spectacular interception.

dochay

Junior
Nov 7, 2004
Was extremely stupid. Cost his team twenty yards. Yet the media chuckle heads keep hyping it.

I would have went more with a ground game, where interceptions are void.

Was extremely stupid. Cost his team twenty yards. Yet the media chuckle heads keep hyping it.
…also crippled their offense backed up and gave us great field position to go score.
Followed by fielding the kickoff going out of bounds, OU gave us a chance and we couldn’t capitalize.

Even though we missed the FG, Adrian should have had an INT in the end zone, and that was another “gift” in our favor.

It’s easy to sit here after the fact and call it “stupid”.
That’s a ball-hawking DB making a play. I find it difficult to criticize a DB for intercepting a pass.

Give me a playmaker like that any day. I will live with his stupidity a lot more easily than the stupidity of multiple false starts and personal fouls.

It’s easy to sit here after the fact and call it “stupid”.
That’s a ball-hawking DB making a play. I find it difficult to criticize a DB for intercepting a pass.

Give me a playmaker like that any day. I will live with his stupidity a lot more easily than the stupidity of multiple false starts and personal fouls.
Just because there are dumber plays/players doesn't excuse it. Against a better team that could have cost them the game.

Just because there are dumber plays/players doesn't excuse it. Against a better team that could have cost them the game.
This wasn’t a situation where the ball is thrown directly at him and he could’ve harmlessly batted it down.

He was skying for that ball. Had he tried to bat it down who knows where it would’ve gone. He could’ve easily tipped it up and right into a Nebraska player’s hands. Trying to secure the ball was the best decision despite the loss of field position.

Reactions: 54T
Does a hypothetical NFL gm take more notice of the incredible athletic play he made, or does he say (insert whiny loser voice) "but he should've knocked it down for field possession." 100% confidence it's the former.
A GM is like, "we should move this guy over to the offense"

Reactions: mgbreis
Lost in all this is that Falck had Graham beat by a step and a half and shockingly, Martinez was late with the throw and threw it behind him. Probably should have been a first down. When ESPN showed it on their highlights, they showed a view from behind the offence that is better, but I could not find it online anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: HominidHusker
That's exactly what I was going to post. The receiver was open. Adrian through the ball behind him, allowing the defender to step in front of the receiver and go up and take it down. A better thrown ball is probably a first down or touch down. I realize he isn't going to be perfect every time. He's had a few good throws, but not enough. No QB in college throws a perfect pass every time, its just that four years in ours is still a lot less perfect than most.

That's exactly what I was going to post. The receiver was open. Adrian through the ball behind him, allowing the defender to step in front of the receiver and go up and take it down. A better thrown ball is probably a first down or touch down. I realize he isn't going to be perfect every time. He's had a few good throws, but not enough. No QB in college throws a perfect pass every time, its just that four years in ours is still a lot less perfect than most.
Agreed. That wasn’t the easiest throw, but it was very frustrating to see another 5 yd pass thrown almost 2 yds behind where it should be when Allen had to reach behind and make the tough catch to get the 1st down. He fell down instead of running through the open field for many more yards had the basic pass been placed properly. Reminiscent of missing Hickman the previous game on the type of inaccurate short throw that often gets tipped for an INT.

Then there was Adrian’s “almost INT” in the end zone.
He still played an overall solid game, I just think the excitement about it needs to be tempered.
It’s not about picking on him, just demanding/expecting more if we really want to turn this ship around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT