ADVERTISEMENT

South Alabama

Probably a sign of what is to come. Don’t think we win another game this year.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
They rank 258 in points given up. Someone here tried telling me that was a much improved defense we played
They had a good experienced D line which gave our new starters fits. It's hard to say what their stats and record mean without knowledge of who's hurt etc. I know they lost one of their best D linemen to an injury late in our game at the very least. On a team like that, a couple of key injuries can be really devastating to a season.

Reactions: leodisflowers
They had multiple injuries during/after Nebraska. They are still the best coached defense we faced in the non conference. Not that it matters currently.

Who gives a flip. We're 3-2. Last year we were 0-5 but go ahead and keep finding ways to bash the team whiner.
Wasn't being negative, simply stating a fact that the S. Alabama game was, unfortunately, a true sign of things to come. Still have faith but the strain and struggle is real... as Diaco would say.

Wasn't being negative, simply stating a fact that the S. Alabama game was, unfortunately, a true sign of things to come. Still have faith but the strain and struggle is real... as Diaco would say.
Then try to be positive... first games of the season are never a true indicator of things to come... no coach has ever said after the first game, “Now we know how the rest of the season will play out.” No coach has ever looked at game 1 and used that to futurecast the rest of the season.

Then try to be positive... first games of the season are never a true indicator of things to come... no coach has ever said after the first game, “Now we know how the rest of the season will play out.” No coach has ever looked at game 1 and used that to futurecast the rest of the season.
Well it can be "yer sign" that maybe the preseason expectations are a little overstated. At this point, I think we've seen enough to say that we've got a ways to go to be a good team.

Well it can be "yer sign" that maybe the preseason expectations are a little overstated. At this point, I think we've seen enough to say that we've got a ways to go to be a good team.
No doubt. But if it is a true sign of the season to come how the hell did we blow out N. Illinois? They beat us 2 years ago, did they not? If we win against Northwestern, how is the struggle against S. Alabama a true sign of the season to come?

Of course things were overstated. The loss to Colorado showed that, as well as the close game with Illinois. But I still believe the S. Alabama game was game 1. If we played them the third game of the season I have no doubt the score would have been totally different.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
No doubt. But if it is a true sign of the season to come how the hell did we blow out N. Illinois? They beat us 2 years ago, did they not? If we win against Northwestern, how is the struggle against S. Alabama a true sign of the season to come?

Of course things were overstated. The loss to Colorado showed that, as well as the close game with Illinois. But I still believe the S. Alabama game was game 1. If we played them the third game of the season I have no doubt the score would have been totally different.
Northern Illinois is really bad this year? I've heard Tom say multiple times that he never really knew what he ad for a team until 8-9 games in.

Exactly. What South Alabama does from here on out means nothing. The next several game mean a while heck of a lot more than our margin of victory in the opener.

Record is 1-4. Aside from their win vs. Scrub U, the Husker game was their most competitive by quite a margin. A bit more concerning than 1st thought.

Oh... that was the final straw for you to confirm that we are mediocre? Quite the observer you are...

He was neither negative or positive. The OP was just stating a fact. Facts "are what they are," as Coach Frost would say.

Reactions: ssmill777
Northern Illinois is really bad this year? I've heard Tom say multiple times that he never really knew what he ad for a team until 8-9 games in.
And according to the OP, so is S. Alabama. I’m saying the first game didn’t show a heck of a lot, so I’m with you on this. We aren’t world beaters. But we aren’t muck rakers either.

He was neither negative or positive. The OP was just stating a fact. Facts "are what they are," as Coach Frost would say.
He was also interpreting said “fact” to show that since S. Alabama is bad we are in for a long year.

I disagree that game one is a harbinger of what is to come the rest of the year. But that’s just me.

Sarcasm... sure sure...
Don’t be an idiot. I’m as big a homer as there is on this board. Check my posting history. It’s all there for you to see. I am all in on Frost and don’t for a minute think we finish 3-9. It should be obvious, but maybe you’ve been drinking tonight and just missed it?

You, on the other hand, have a history of misinterpreting posts and then sparring for 30 posts with the same poster...

See if you can break that pattern with me once you realize what sarcasm is.

Record is 1-4. Aside from their win vs. Scrub U, the Husker game was their most competitive by quite a margin. A bit more concerning than 1st thought.

yep, the first game of the year our Huskers where a bit off...to say the least. Offense was a mess and Jurgens kept screwing up his snaps. But I’m not worried about S Bama or that first game of the year. I think the Northern Illinois game gives us a better view. We played a clean and mistake free game there and we ended up blowing them out 44-8. NIU is better then S Bama, a team that’s really like Troy that’s known to beat power 5 teams and gives us a better idea. The next 4 games in a row are all winnable. We could very easily go into the Wisconsin game 7-2 or we could go into that game 6-3. Myself, I think we win the next 4 games. 8-4 is still achievable (so is 9-3 or 7-5).

Last edited:
Don’t be an idiot. I’m as big a homer as there is on this board. Check my posting history. It’s all there for you to see. I am all in on Frost and don’t for a minute think we finish 3-9. It should be obvious, but maybe you’ve been drinking tonight and just missed it?

You, on the other hand, have a history of misinterpreting posts and then sparring for 30 posts with the same poster...

yeah, i didn’t think you really meant that... no way YOU really thought we’d lose them all the rest of the way lol. Not when NW, Minnesota and Purdue are all struggling as bad or worse then us. These next 4 games are winnable and so is the Maryland game.

Reactions: timnsun

Hahaha!

I said in my USA notes that this is a 6 to 8 win team, and included CU as a win. It's 5 to 7 now. I'm just hoping and praying we can get to 6 and play in the Pinstripe bowl.

Agreed, let’s hope we can get to 6. Not sure it can happen. Unfortunately, this team is not good. We are fixated among the ranks of all the other garbage big 10 teams. So disappointing.

The play calling in the USA game was terribly stubborn. They were also working through some personnel issues. I wouldn't read much into that.

With that said, our team is lacking confidence and a killer mentality. Very anxious to see them play this Saturday. Would love to see over 300 on the ground against a stout D.

Reactions: timnsun

Yep, I can vouch for Timmsun and his Husker Homer qualities and all-in love for the team.

Even though he has called me out when I noted areas of weakness or problems. I am a realist, in my world I can't look at things how I want them to.be, I have to look at them how they truly are.

But we need cheerleaders like him as well.

The play calling in the USA game was terribly stubborn. They were also working through some personnel issues. I wouldn't read much into that.

With that said, our team is lacking confidence and a killer mentality. Very anxious to see them play this Saturday. Would love to see over 300 on the ground against a stout D.

Oh hell yeah! I would give almost anything to see the BigRed run over people again. When we fired Frank to bring in Clownahan we threw away our pipeline & running game. We haven't done squat since.

HCSF will get us there. I'll just order again a 50lb box of patience pills.

Yep, I can vouch for Timmsun and his Husker Homer qualities and all-in love for the team.

Even though he has called me out when I noted areas of weakness or problems. I am a realist, in my world I can't look at things how I want them to.be, I have to look at them how they truly are.

But we need cheerleaders like him as well.
We’ve had a few tiffs but we both want the same thing at the end of the day. You see things I don’t and make good points because I feel like you are more of a tactician than I am. I don’t always like your posts but I can appreciate them because of your critical thinking and challenging questions. I still have every hope we’ll get where we need to be.

Rah Rah.

Who gives a flip. We're 3-2. Last year we were 0-5 but go ahead and keep finding ways to bash the team whiner.
If we can have threads to discuss how good Ohio State is and how many 4/5 stars they have on their team then isn't it fair game to make comparisons with opponents on the other end of the spectrum?

Reactions: Bruce1981
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT