ADVERTISEMENT

South Alabama game will be in Primetime on BTN..

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
BTN just released its 3rd Tier night game schedule. Huskers game vs South Alabama was selected for primetime on BTN.

Here's my speculation about other games:

BYU will be a 2:30 ABC game.

Miami will a 7:00 pm ESPN 2 game.

Southern Miss will be an 11 am ESPN game.

Wisconsin will be a night ESPN game.

Michigan State Will be a night ABC game.

Games at Rutgers and Purdue will be 11 am games.

Illinois will be a 2:30 game on BTN.

@ Minnesota will be a 2:30 ABC game.

Northwestern will be a 2:30 ABC or BTN game.

Iowa may actually get moved to 2:30 this year on the day after Thanksgiving. I believe the Big Ten was discussing a time change last year.

Only disagreement With your list would be the Iowa game..... I believe it when I see it.....ABC likes keeping B1G games at 11:00 wether it's Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving..... ASK tOSU and Michigan.

Pumped that this is a night game. Will give our group of USA fans all day to tailgate and see campus/downtown.

Really looking forward to this road trip.

What time do you guys think we'll kickoff? 6pm 8pm?
This post was edited on 4/14 9:27 AM by MobileBama

Hmm... I really figured BTN would have picked up either our game vs. BYU or Stanford at Northwestern on September 5 for primetime as well. Oh well, there will be a few good games that night that I'll be able to watch now.

Originally posted by Egregious Error:
Hmm... I really figured BTN would have picked up either our game vs. BYU or Stanford at Northwestern on September 5 for primetime as well. Oh well, there will be a few good games that night that I'll be able to watch now.
BTN receives notification from ABC/ESPN on which games they will be picking up during the season. ABC/ESPN clearly wanted both of those games on Sept. 5th.

The top tier games that day include:

Wisconsin vs. Bama - in Dallas - ABC 7 PM CT

Louisville vs. Auburn - ESPN or ESPN 2

Arizona State vs. Texas A&M - ESPN or ESPN 2

Texas @ Notre Dame - NBC Game

Virginia @ UCLA - Fox

I think BYU at Nebraska will be a 2:30 ABC game. It seems likely. The only other thing that could move the BYU game to night would be if ESPN/ABC decides to move Louisville vs. Auburn or ASU vs. A&M to some strange time like 5 pm or something. They may also decide to move one of those other SEC games to 2:30 window. If that happens, then, BYU @ Nebraska could be moved to a night game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT