ADVERTISEMENT

Son of Kirk

It should really be Kirk losing this job as it's basically the same offense he installed there in 1999 and he's the one who's kept his son in place as OC.

If the offense remains the same and Iowa struggles, I'm guessing Kirk just decides he's done and/or the admin helps him come to that conclusion.

Is Brian Manboobs still going to pretend to the report to the AD, or does that scam expire when Barta retires on Aug. 1?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Unless McNamara misses a good portion of the season, I think 25 PPG will be beat rather easy. They will probably be closer to 30 than 25, IMO.
why does everyone think your new QB, who posted identical stats to your old QB last year on a much better team, will be good?

he got beat out by a redshirt frosh as a 3-year player & returning starter then quit the team

makes very little sense to me, but I suppose hype is what the offseason is made of

Petras 2022: 55.9%, 1:1 TD:INT ratio, 6.2 Air Yards/Attempt
McNamara 2022: 60%, 1:1 TD:INT ratio, 5.9 Air Yards/Attempt

please explain what I'm missing

cc: @Cornicator

Last edited:
why does everyone think your new QB, who posted identical stats to your old QB last year on a much better team, will be good?

he got beat out by a redshirt frosh as a 3-year player & returning starter then quit the team

makes very little sense to me, but I suppose hype is what the offseason is made of

McNamara is worlds better than petras. I'm better than petras.

There is a reason the "AD" retired. And it is not because he wanted to retire.

This is the last hurrah for the racist nepotism crew.

You know the context you’re leaving out so I’m not even gonna rebuttal you on your hilarious attempt.

For the people who aren’t trolling, I say I think they will beat the 25 PPG average because Brian has done it 4 times already. 3 of those were with Stanley who was right around that 60% completion range. Cade has shown to be that accurate and then some. Throw in two NFL tight ends, Kaleb Johnson in year two, and portal help along the OL and it’s “easily” doable.

• Haha
Reactions: East-Coast-Sker
Unless McNamara misses a good portion of the season, I think 25 PPG will be beat rather easy. They will probably be closer to 30 than 25, IMO.
First off, McNamara lost his job to a freshman. To think he is going to turn that level of offense around with less weapons than he did at Michigan is hilarious. Second, your offensive line was worse than ours last season. That alone will hold you back significantly. Last and most importantly, BF is still calling the shots. You guys will be lucky to score 25 a game, but it is possible with that weak schedule as usual.

You know the context you’re leaving out so I’m not even gonna rebuttal you on your hilarious attempt.

For the people who aren’t trolling, I say I think they will beat the 25 PPG average because Brian has done it 4 times already. 3 of those were with Stanley who was right around that 60% completion range. Cade has shown to be that accurate and then some. Throw in two NFL tight ends, Kaleb Johnson in year two, and portal help along the OL and it’s “easily” doable.
…and 6 pt average from defense and punt returns should make it very doable. Although I will fall over laughing if they don’t and it ends up the same dredge that it has been.

Yeah, but what's the upside?

• Love
Reactions: SWIowahawks

I don't know the context. hence my confusion. was he injured?

make it make sense, please. I am genuinely asking

My two cents on the matter is that it doesn't matter what Kirk's boy does this year it is just a matter of when the decision is made to "retire" his daddy so the entire program can be remade with a refreshing of the football program's image.

Barta's "decision" to retire was the first domino that had to happen to open the door for more changes which are certainly coming, likely sooner rather than later.

I could go on and on what is already apparent in how the coaching imagination on the offensive side of the ball is as lacking as the ability to recruit solid replacements that are now graduated. The easy schedule should help somewhat but crappy coaching and lack of talent will rear its ugly head not just all season but until the Ferentz family is shown the door.

64% passing for 2500 yards and almost 8 yds per attempt in 2021. He threw 25 passes last year, so that's certainly nothing to go on. He's a solid qb, I was hoping we would get him.
lost his job to a kid who threw 59 passes in 2021. what was that based on?

in his 3 years playing, 2021 looks like the outlier

I wish him and iowa the best. whether they win a lot or lose a lot I will hardly notice & sure as hell won't be watching.

I wish him and iowa the best. whether they win a lot or lose a lot I will hardly notice.
I mean, he did lead them to the playoffs in 2021 - I don’t think that happens with Petras:)

I mean, he did lead them to the playoffs in 2021 - I don’t think that happens with Petras:)
did he really "lead" them? here's how he performed in Mich's 3 biggest games of the season:

vs ohio st - 159 yards, 0 TD 1 INT
b1g champ game - 169 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
vs UGA - 106 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT

seems they made that run despite him, and I'm guessing it's why Harbaugh went into the offseason hell bent on upgrading at the quarterback position

did he really "lead" them? here's how he performed in Mich's 3 biggest games of the season:

vs ohio st - 159 yards, 0 TD 1 INT
b1g champ game - 169 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
vs UGA - 106 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT

seems they made that run despite him, and I'm guessing it's why Harbaugh went into the offseason hell bent on upgrading at the quarterback position
New Girl I Give Up GIF

I wish him and iowa the best. whether they win a lot or lose a lot I will hardly notice & sure as hell won't be watching.

Lots of guys would have lost their jobs to McCarthy.

Lots of guys would have lost their jobs to McCarthy.
I guess.

the only two games Mich needed him to win via passing, he did this:

vs ILL - 18-34, 206 yards, 0 TD
vs TCU - 20-34, 343 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT (one was a dagger in the heart pick 6)

growing pains? coaching?

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
I don't know the context. hence my confusion. was he injured?

make it make sense, please. I am genuinely asking
Apparently, he had an injury dating back to the middle of 2021. Then got injured in the UCONN game after being replaced by McCarthy as the starter. No idea if the previous injury played a roll or not. Had surgery and hopefully remains 100%.

I’m not here saying he is a first round pick, but he is light years above Spencer. I would have more than fine with Brian moving on after last year but the fact of the matter is that Iowa has surpassed 25 PPG 4 out of 7 years he has been the OC. I predict it will happen this year with Cade and other transfers.

I guess.

the only two games Mich needed him to win via passing, he did this:

vs ILL - 18-34, 206 yards, 0 TD
vs TCU - 20-34, 343 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT (one was a dagger in the heart pick 6)

growing pains? coaching?

Definitely an offense that doesn't take advantage of his skill set as much as they could. Some of that is prob that they had the best RB room in the country. Some was probably that McNamara got hurt so they didn't feel good about their backup.

He went 12 of 24 for 263 yds with 3 TDs and 0 picks and ran for 27 yds and another TD vs Ohio St. We'd cream our pants if one of our QBs did that.

…and 6 pt average from defense and punt returns should make it very doable. Although I will fall over laughing if they don’t and it ends up the same dredge that it has been.
Look, two iowa fans blowing each other on the Nebraska board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT