ADVERTISEMENT

Something's Gotta Give

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
as things stand right now, two of our quarterbacks share numbers with position players who stand to play regularly (Haarberg/Grant both #10, Purdy/Bonner both #12)

it's my belief that competition should settle things

decathlon - fastest time for each both gets to keep their number AND choose the loser's new one

Reactions: cornhustler
as things stand right now, two of our quarterbacks share numbers with position players who stand to play regularly (Haarberg/Grant both #10, Purdy/Bonner both #12)

it's my belief that competition should settle things

decathlon - fastest time for each both gets to keep their number AND choose the loser's new one
Grant is 23 ,but the roster still has Chubba and Bonner at 12.one will have to switch.

Two thoughts. AG is unwatchable in an interview.

Gophers are gonna catch hell come 8/31.
Takes practice. One thing I admire about Rhule is he is preparing the guys for the next level by getting them up there to practice the off-field stuff too. Hopefully he gets more opportunities and the staff has some press training for the guys that simulate the environment to help get reps.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Takes practice. One thing I admire about Rhule is he is preparing the guys for the next level by getting them up there to practice the off-field stuff too. Hopefully he gets more opportunities and the staff has some press training for the guys that simulate the environment to help get reps.
In all honesty, if you look at last year's interview with the RB room on video with Yant, Ervin, another back and AG, it was all those other backs could do to keep from laughing everytime AG talked. It's the incessant "you know what I mean?"

The kid needs some real interview practice, off camera, or he's gonna be pegged as someone who they would reluctantly put in front of the press as a college student.

I don't think it has anything to do with nerves, its just a really bad habit he has.

Reactions: leodisflowers
E Johnson seems to have a knack going back to his record setting high school days

Can’t coach instincts

Reactions: BleedRed78
E Johnson seems to have a knack going back to his record setting high school days

Can’t coach instincts
Honestly, when I watched his high school film I wasn't blown away. I thought he lacked speed.

But, that kid is really looking good, every time I see him with the ball I'm impressed how bad my initial
thoughts were on the kid.

Honestly, when I watched his high school film I wasn't blown away. I thought he lacked speed.

But, that kid is really looking good, every time I see him with the ball I'm impressed how bad my initial
thoughts were on the kid.
I don't think he's got elite top-end speed, but he seems to have a knack for running to daylight

then again, he did play his high school football in a hockey state, so who knows

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT