ADVERTISEMENT

Some Things are Forgivable; Some are Not

Husker4real

Senior
Nov 25, 2017
I will cut DR some slack. Some Frosh growing pains were inevitable. I could do without 3 INTs; and he did not play well at all today. I can forgive that.

What is not forgivable is the pathetic performance by the defense. The D bowed up 1 time - once - on the 4th down stop in the 1st quarter. You can count on one hand the other plays where the defense actually made things difficult for IU when it mattered. IU QBs are 24-30 as I write this. One of those incompletions was the meaningless INT at the end of the half. There were at least 2 drops by IU receivers - and there were 3 great catches that I recall where NU had good coverage. Aside from that, IU QB's were pitching to guys in open space all game long.

And, as I write this, IU is averaging 8 (EIGHT!!) yards per carry. JFC...someone get in the way! With two weeks to prepare, you should expect this veteran defense to be able to put up reasonable resistance. instead, they made IU look like they were running plays against their scout team.

I will cut DR some slack. Some Frosh growing pains were inevitable. I could do without 3 INTs; and he did not play well at all today. I can forgive that.

What is not forgivable is the pathetic performance by the defense. The D bowed up 1 time - once - on the 4th down stop in the 1st quarter. You can count on one hand the other plays where the defense actually made things difficult for IU when it mattered. IU QBs are 24-30 as I write this. One of those incompletions was the meaningless INT at the end of the half. There were at least 2 drops by IU receivers - and there were 3 great catches that I recall where NU had good coverage. Aside from that, IU QB's were pitching to guys in open space all game long.

And, as I write this, IU is averaging 8 (EIGHT!!) yards per carry. JFC...someone get in the way! With two weeks to prepare, you should expect this veteran defense to be able to put up reasonable resistance. instead, they made IU look like they were running plays against their scout team.
No excuses . I knew Indy was for real but we are much worse than I thought. Hard conservations are ahead.

You are right. Nobody is talking about the overrated White whos overrated D gave up 56 points to an overrated Indiana team. Good post.

Would that happen if we had guys like Mike Brown or Lavonte David at safety and LB? Not a chance in hell.
We need some purely athletic tackling machines that basically can make 1-1 tackles 95% of the time. The whiffs are because we have slow guys that are effective some of the time if the opposition has average athletes. Against fast, elusive athletes they get beat and resort to desperate arm tackles or tackling air.
We've been seeing this all year.

Come off a bye to lose by 49. Kids should have been more prepared. Instead, we looked clueless. Indiana offense looked effortless

Reactions: BigRedTed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT