ADVERTISEMENT

Some positive feedback on NU facilities

I’ll believe it when I see it. I really want to but having seen the last 20 years, as well as being a Cubs & Dolphins fan for the last 45 years, I’m very pessimistic when it comes to my sports teams. Luckily, I’m a Celtics fan so at least I have that going for me.
So you're the jinxer!!!!! 😆 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Lars72
Every year. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't just let it go in one ear and out the other. However, if the players start to look like Corey Campbell, then I may start to believe it.
You feel sorry for people that get excited about something? Does being pessimistic mean people are less upset if/when there is failure?

It seems like the end result will impact all the same so why not be happy and have some excitement?

Reactions: wkato
You feel sorry for people that get excited about something? Does being pessimistic mean people are less upset if/when there is failure?

It seems like the end result will impact all the same so why not be happy and have some excitement?
You're right, my bad, excitement is a good thing. I'll adjust my attitude and next time I see Lucy holding a football for Charlie Brown, I'll get all excited that this time, finally, he will kick the field goal.

However, I can't promise you that after she pulls the ball away at the last second and he falls on his back I won't feel foolish for having been excited in the first place.

You're right, my bad, excitement is a good thing. I'll adjust my attitude and next time I see Lucy holding a football for Charlie Brown, I'll get all excited that this time, finally, he will kick the field goal.

However, I can't promise you that after she pulls the ball away at the last second and he falls on his back I won't feel foolish for having been excited in the first place.
I feel like there has to be a middle ground somewhere… I get that there are sunshine pumpers and also doom and gloomers, but it can’t always be one or the other.

The safest place is in the middle. Let’s meet there.

There is almost always middle ground somewhere. Unfortunately, for whatever reason our society has degenerated to where few ever even try to approach the middle. We passionately cling to "our side".
Speaking as one who leans sunshine, I get it… and it is frustrating when we (and I’m guilty of this) stop talking with each other and are shouting at each other. I can only control myself. I’ll try to do better. But no promises. I’ve failed numerous time in my attempts to do better, will surely fail again.

Reactions: arf_man
While I don't believe that "We are stronger than ever" stuff, because face it, lifting is lifting and there are just not that many variations of lifts and nutrition is probably the same as it was...I do believe that they will be better because of coaching and better players.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Speaking as one who leans sunshine, I get it… and it is frustrating when we (and I’m guilty of this) stop talking with each other and are shouting at each other. I can only control myself. I’ll try to do better. But no promises. I’ve failed numerous time in my attempts to do better, will surely fail again.
This is what I like about you, you're a failure, but not a quitter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT