ADVERTISEMENT

Some positive feedback on NU facilities

You would think that if the facility is completely done we would be seeing what the inside of the facility looks like..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It would at least take a year or two to copy it, however, for the most part the facilities arms race is most likely over. Most schools are going to re-route that money to NIL, so we picked a great/perfect time to do our overhaul.

It would at least take a year or two to copy it, however, for the most part the facilities arms race is most likely over. Most schools are going to re-route that money to NIL, so we picked a great/perfect time to do our overhaul.
I think you're right. Flashy locker rooms or common areas might be nice, but recruits would care a lot more about $$$ in their own pockets. I'd work out of the bus station lobby on an old TRS-80 if my boss quadrupled my salary.

• Love
Reactions: cavalot
That is fantastic! That should help us in recruiting. But I do wonder how long before these new facilities are emulated by others? What is the shelf life these days for new facilities being in the upper tier of facilities?

I would say a year or two. You have to capitalize on it within that small window, recruiting wise. Not that they(facilities) won’t be valuable for many years, but you only have a few years where they’re the “best in CFB”. And if you are a program clawing your way back to the top, you gotta nail some top recruiting classes while your digs still have that new car smell, IMO. If you’re already on top… well the rich getting richer isn’t a new thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT