ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Some changes to spring game visitor list

Nate Clouse

Nebraska Legend
Staff
Feb 14, 2012
Lincoln, Neb.
The visitor list for recruiting events are always fluid and the Nebraska spring game this weekend is no different. I've confirmed one offered prospect that will no longer be able to make it to Lincoln as well as a handful of recruits that are very much on the radar for the Huskers that will be in town this weekend.

HUNTER-ECHOLS-150.JPG

DE Hunter Echols

I just spoke with 2017 four-star defensive end Hunter Echols of Los Angeles Cathedral tonight and he told me he will not be visiting Nebraska this weekend. Instead, the 6-foot-4, 220-pound Echols will be taking a weekend trip to Washington with his parents. He told me price of travel was the primary issue and that he will most likely be taking an official visit out to NU since that trip will be paid for.

Echols just released a top 10 this evening despite being committed to UCLA. He said his commitment to the Bruins is as strong as ever, but he's still going through the process and looking at other programs.

NICHOLAS-PICKETT-0255.JPG

ATH Nick Pickett

2017 Los Angeles (Calif.) Salesian athlete Nick Pickett will not be making it to Nebraska for the spring game this weekend. The 6-foot, 180-pound Pickett told me he will no long be able to visit due to his "travel arrangements" falling through.

However, he did say that he is still very much interested in the Huskers and plans to try and visit Lincoln as soon as he can.

JAMES-LYNCH-140912-PRO.JPG

DE James Lynch

2017 Round Rock, Texas defensive lineman James Lynch tells me he will be attending Nebraska's spring game this weekend. The 6-foot-5, 273-pound Lynch recently won the defensive line MVP award at the Dallas Nike Camp and he visited Texas Tech last weekend.

KADE-REMSBERG-150508-PRO.JPG

ATH Kade Remsberg

2017 Newton, Kansas athlete Kade Remberg says he will also be attending the spring game this weekend. The 5-foot-11, 180-pound Remsberg won the 100 and 200 in the state of Kansas as a sophomore last season. He currently holds offers from Kansas and Yale.

25394633991_12A593A3B4_O.JPG
24860751633_198F49A2C1_O.JPG

OL/DL Peter Gerhls and DE/TE Arthur Egan

2017 Omaha Creighton Prep offensive and defensive lineman Peter Gerhls and his teammate defensive end Arthur Egan will be heading to the Nebraska spring game this weekend.

***Below are the other visitors that we've confirmed as of Monday evening.

Spring Game (April 16):

Offered:

TE Austin Allen (6-8, 225); Aurora, Neb.
WR Maurice Bell (6-foot, 175); Murrieta (Calif.) Valley
WR Jamire Calvin (5-10, 165); Los Angeles (Calif.) Cathedral
TE Mike'Quan Deane (6-4, 235); Miami (Okla.) Northeastern Oklahoma A&M J.C. [JUCO]
QB Tristan Gebbia (6-3, 180); Calabasas, Calif. [Rivals100] [NEBRASKA commit]
WR Jeremiah Hawkins (5-9, 165); Buena Park, Calif.
OL Brenden Jaimes (6-6, 260); Austin (Texas) Lake Travis
DT Isaiah Johnson (6-5, 300); Miami (Okla.) Northeastern Oklahoma A&M J.C. [JUCO]
WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (6-1, 195); Calabasas, Calif. [Rivals250] [NEBRASKA commit]
TE Dalton Keene (6-4, 220); Littleton (Colo.) Chatfield
WR Tyjon Lindsey (5-9, 175); Corona (Calif) Centennial [Rivals100]
WR Jaevon McQuitty (6-2, 190); Columbia (Mo.) Battle [NEBRASKA commit]
FB/HB/ATH Ben Miles (6-1, 215); Baton Rouge (La.) Catholic

Not offered:

DB Chris Bishop (6-3, 205); Miami (Okla.) Northeastern Oklahoma A&M J.C. [JUCO]
DE Jaylon George (6-3, 240); Miami (Okla.) Northeastern Oklahoma A&M J.C. [JUCO]

In-state:

OL/DL Patrick Arnold (6-3, 295); Gretna
OL/DL Trent Hixson (6-3, 275); Omaha Skutt Catholic
DL Brett Kitrell (6-4, 280); Ashland Greenwood
OL/DL Rudy Stofer (6-5, 240); Kearney

Class of 2018:

LB Kolin Demens (6-2, 200); Beverly Hills (Mich.) Country Day

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series