ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer Team ban over gender paperwork?

I read a post of Facebook (I'm going to try and find it) from someone who was at the tournament stating the team was disqualified because this 8-year old girl also plays on a select boy's team. It wasn't because she looks like a boy, but because guest players on select teams were not allowed to play in this tournament. Her parent's spun it saying she wasn't a select player on a girl's team, just a boy's select team. Then it morphed into she looks like a boy for the reasoning.

I saw this story on local news last night. Something just doesn't seem right about the story. The claim by the team is that the player in question was listed on the roster as a boy because of a typo. That just doesn't fly. Somebody doesn't accidentally type "boy" for one player instead of "girl" when every other player on the roster says "girl". Plus, as shown in the story on TV, there was not one, but two places on the roster where sex was indicated-one where it was "boy" or "girl" and one where it was "f" or "m". The player was also marked as "m" when every other player on the roster was marked as "f". So we're to believe that a typo was made twice-on the same player? It seems clear to me that the player was listed as a boy on purpose-the question is why? That's where I don't think somebody is telling the full story, and I really don't know what the full story is.

Reactions: saluno22
I am not in the know about any of this. However, I could see an instance where IF the roster was completed electronic and the player in question plays on a boy's club team, that info could have been erroneously transferred as boy or M as a default. Especially if there is a master roster kept electronically.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
There was additional info that said the team was disqualified because they had multiple players playing on multiple teams which was against the rules. Who knows? I told this story to some soccer parents, and they said nothing would surprise them when it came to crazy soccer parents/coaches. They said cheating and messing with rosters is tried a lot.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There was additional info that said the team was disqualified because they had multiple players playing on multiple teams which was against the rules. Who knows? I told this story to some soccer parents, and they said nothing would surprise them when it came to crazy soccer parents/coaches. They said cheating and messing with rosters is tried a lot.
No argument there. Some of these soccer parents are insane and club coaches are worse.

1. If you care this much about an 11 year old sports tourney you are a loon

2. Lucky parents getting out of watching! Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT