ADVERTISEMENT

So...what spots are left?

PAOK

Walk On
Dec 10, 2008
I think we have 6 spots left. (just a guess)
I think we are going to oversign a bit and cut older non contributors. So, where do the spots go?

I have to assume that we are done at WR.
I believe two spots will go to OL. I can't see us only taking Farniok for an entire cycle.
I think we might take one more RB. Having two freshman along with the JUCO RB seems to be good for future depth and allows a guy like Jones to redshirt and grow.

So...3 more....we have to take a true CB in my opinion and probably Cam Jones at safety.
Last spot, strangely enough might go to that QB Tago because we could always change him to a TE or DE.

Thoughts?

I think we have 6 spots left. (just a guess)
I think we are going to oversign a bit and cut older non contributors. So, where do the spots go?

I have to assume that we are done at WR.
I believe two spots will go to OL. I can't see us only taking Farniok for an entire cycle.
I think we might take one more RB. Having two freshman along with the JUCO RB seems to be good for future depth and allows a guy like Jones to redshirt and grow.

So...3 more....we have to take a true CB in my opinion and probably Cam Jones at safety.
Last spot, strangely enough might go to that QB Tago because we could always change him to a TE or DE.

Thoughts?

Well, there are only 4 spots left under the B1G oversigning rules. It seems like there will be an OL (Bell), DB (Palmer or Cam Jones), RB (only if it is Maurice Washington?), and an OLB/DE hybrid (JJB, Tannor, or Baldanado)

Reactions: Redblood23
Well, there are only 4 spots left under the B1G oversigning rules. It seems like there will be an OL (Bell), DB (Palmer or Cam Jones), RB (only if it is Maurice Washington?), and an OLB/DE hybrid (JJB, Tannor, or Baldanado)

What if Corbin wanted to commit at rb? Kind of hard to turn down imo..

That's why Henry has the sad face with his Picture with Held and is tweeting at Frost.
He wants N- but we are running out of spots
Good problem to have and again- why we "lost" Carson

Its a tightrope walk from here on in

I'm sure that with known attrition, we will take more than 4. My best guess is 7.

Reactions: Redblood23 and PAOK
I'm sure that with known attrition, we will take more than 4. My best guess is 7.

What are the rules? I think they can no longer be on the team and/or on scholarship as of the February national signing day, so who are these three people that are no longer on the team or no longer on scholarship to get you to this 7?

You only get 3 for things that happen after the February national signing day. Anything else has to happen before that day.

Reactions: Huskercigar

let's do some "processing"

And, I don't know why you guys are so hopped up about pushing 6 guys out the door. It looks like Tyjon Lindsey might be wavering. Oh good, we can sign someone else. {sarcasm}. Does signing Mike Williams and losing Tyjon Lindsey really gain you anything?

Is Lindsey really wavering or is this just speculation on your part?

How would I know? All rumors based on a supposed snapchat story he posted about that if only Bookie would have came to NU his decision would have been easier.

I was only using it as an example of how attrition may not be such a good thing.

How would I know? All rumors based on a supposed snapchat story he posted about that if only Bookie would have came to NU his decision would have been easier.

I was only using it as an example of how attrition may not be such a good thing.

I hear you and I agree that attrition is not always a positive thing but if he can’t get on board at this point then get off the train and let’s move on.

Boy, I hope Lindsey isn't thinking about transferring. Does he not see how explosive he could be in this offense?

What are the rules? I think they can no longer be on the team and/or on scholarship as of the February national signing day, so who are these three people that are no longer on the team or no longer on scholarship to get you to this 7?

You only get 3 for things that happen after the February national signing day. Anything else has to happen before that day.
I believe you can be 3 over on signing day and must be at 85 by the start of practice in August.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I hear you and I agree that attrition is not always a positive thing but if he can’t get on board at this point then get off the train and let’s move on.

I definitely wouldn't question Tyjon on if he was getting on board or not, it sure looks a whole lot different at Nebraska right now then what he was probably envisioning when he signed on. No Bookie and the Calibraska movement kind of sank in to the La Brea Tar Pits.

Tyjon will be much more successful in this offense than he ever would have been under Riley's.

But, he chose Nebraska over tOSU because of the pro-style offense versus the
"spread" and that Riley coached programs were able to develop and get WRs of his stature into the NFL as legitimate WRs.

It’s know attrition. If they know someone is leaving they can award another scholarship. Lee and Gates leaving opened up two scholarships,they didn’t count as 2 of our +3, we still have them. If they know other guys are leaving, they will sign more players. It doesn’t have to be made public yet, just documented.

And, I don't know why you guys are so hopped up about pushing 6 guys out the door. It looks like Tyjon Lindsey might be wavering. Oh good, we can sign someone else. {sarcasm}. Does signing Mike Williams and losing Tyjon Lindsey really gain you anything?

I don’t think anyone is saying they want to replace Tyjon, or any particular player, with player X. But if we are going to lose a player, they will sign another player with that scholarship.

Last edited:
Reactions: pahusker139
I think you can be 3 over and not provide a reason. If your going to go more then 3 then you provide the reason. I don't think it's a permission thing but more a pain in the arse.
I believe you are correct. You have to have some sort of plan in place to get where you need to be. Not sure of the numbers.

This is the 19 of January
Anyone that thinks Lindsey is transferring I is insane

Why would you transfer from a 4 win team when a 12 win team coach who leads the NCAA in scoring is now coaching your team and also has 1000 yard receiver??

Sounds like we might take 2 more OL (Bell and McDonald), as well as another WR (Nikko Bell is our top target). We're also still going after DBs, outside LBs, and another running-back (Washington or Henry). No idea how we are going to be able to sign this many guys yet.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Do we play the waiting game w Washington?

I don't think we will unless SF has a VERY good feeling about it. I like the kid but I'm not sure stringing this out and leaving these coaches on the hook will get him the results he wants.

We must be expecting a WR recruit not to qualify if we are still targeting another.

I think it’s pretty crappy to say Lindsey is wavering based on a tweet that he’s sad he won’t be playing with his cousin, and when asked for proof follow it up with how would I know?

Sounds like we might take 2 more OL (Bell and McDonald), as well as another WR (Nikko Bell is our top target). We're also still going after DBs, outside LBs, and another running-back (Washington or Henry). No idea how we are going to be able to sign this many guys yet.
I think that if we take Nikko Hall it will be as a CB. We desperately need CB’s and I also expect us to add Cam Jones as a safety.

Reactions: davecisar
Tl is stuck in -25 wind chill weather, lost his coaching staff, coming off a terrible season...maybe one of the worst 4 win teams ever, and he now has to deal with losing his cousin, who he no doubt planned to play with. Imagine you had 55 offers, from every corner of the country, and are in his position right now. Frost makes his decision easier for NU but not a given. And frost could have come in and not massaged him enough, went full competition rhetoric, were starting over, nobody is #1...Frost pushed out a lot of guys at UCF in his first year. This has to viewed as a reset, and some players deserve the chance to start their careers elsewhere without judgement.

Tl is stuck in -25 wind chill weather, lost his coaching staff, coming off a terrible season...maybe one of the worst 4 win teams ever, and he now has to deal with losing his cousin, who he no doubt planned to play with. Imagine you had 55 offers, from every corner of the country, and are in his position right now. Frost makes his decision easier for NU but not a given. And frost could have come in and not massaged him enough, went full competition rhetoric, were starting over, nobody is #1...Frost pushed out a lot of guys at UCF in his first year. This has to viewed as a reset, and some players deserve the chance to start their careers elsewhere without judgement.
Just wondering... what is the measuring stick to determine which is the worst 4 win team ever?

But, he chose Nebraska over tOSU because of the pro-style offense versus the
"spread" and that Riley coached programs were able to develop and get WRs of his stature into the NFL as legitimate WRs.
Well, if he's not happy and not all N then he should go. If he does stay he'll have a better career here under Frost then he would have under Riley.

Reactions: davecisar
If Tyjon L. wants to leave then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. no need to have someone who doesn't want to be all N in my opinion. either you want tobe part of the team or you don't, it's very simple.

Doubt he leaves. Most players think about transfering at least once in their collegiate career. He needs to give it at least one year. If it’s not for him, then he can leave and will have a year of redshirt to use. I don’t think it will come down to that, truly believe he’s going to thrive in our system.

Our guys have had a long offseason to overthink things. It’s time they get to work and focus on football.

If Tyjon L. wants to leave then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. no need to have someone who doesn't want to be all N in my opinion. either you want tobe part of the team or you don't, it's very simple.

Where are you getting this information from ?

Some post in the thread is nothing but speculation and bad speculation.

Reactions: timnsun
Just my opinion here but seems like we are down to four spots, think it will come from this grouping:

RB Washington or Henry

OT Bell or McDonald

OLB. JJB or Tannor

S C Jones or C Taylor

I believe that if possible, staff would like to have first name at each position but does have good back up plans for each.

There are a few others that staff continues to talk to but for now this may be the working list.

Edited again after Clark commit

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT