ADVERTISEMENT

So how many scholarships will we give out now?

If you assume Junior will be back, we have 18. We had 16 with that LB leaving, plus the two guys not coming. KJJ's gets held until he says he isn't coming back. I think he will come back.

As some people like to point out, 1 or 2 of these scholarships may be awarded to current walk-ons like Reimers and Conrad. That's fine. We'll still have 16 minimum to give out in this class.

Also, for those of us who follow the Crystal Ball stuff, Tutt and Brown both have N's that just came in. We probably aren't getting Griffith, though.

Reactions: HuskerPam
With two academic casualties and K. Jr. leaving, how many scholies are available now? 18?

Variables to take into consideration.

Conrad and Reimers junior walk ons that I have been told will be on scholarship going forward.

KJJ, if he comes back in January, and remains on scholarship.

If all those things happen you have 16. If KJJ doesn't come back 17.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
If you assume Junior will be back, we have 18. We had 16 with that LB leaving, plus the two guys not coming. KJJ's gets held until he says he isn't coming back. I think he will come back.

As some people like to point out, 1 or 2 of these scholarships may be awarded to current walk-ons like Reimers and Conrad. That's fine. We'll still have 16 minimum to give out in this class.

Also, for those of us who follow the Crystal Ball stuff, Tutt and Brown both have N's that just came in. We probably aren't getting Griffith, though.
If you do indeed follow CB stuff, you'll also know that you have to take them with a grain of salt. Things ebb and flow, and opinions change. For guys that won't likely commit till after OV's, it's all fluff.

Case in point, if you made this post last week and assumed CBs are dead on, you'd be saying Griffith is N.

If you do indeed follow CB stuff, you'll also know that you have to take them with a grain of salt. Things ebb and flow, and opinions change. For guys that won't likely commit till after OV's, it's all fluff.

Case in point, if you made this post last week and assumed CBs are dead on, you'd be saying Griffith is N.

And I did say those things back then. I know it's a grain of salt type thing; I frequently say that. However, it isn't a terrible indicator of the way things may be trending, and it's one of the only things I have to go on as a casual consumer of recruiting news.

CB's by themselves mean nothing. But they could also represent the general excitement level of the kid. Griffith would be far from the first potential Husker to rave about his trip, and then commit somewhere else in the doldrums months.

That said. We could certainly high point again. DW has time.

Variables to take into consideration.

Conrad and Reimers junior walk ons that I have been told will be on scholarship going forward.

KJJ, if he comes back in January, and remains on scholarship.

If all those things happen you have 16. If KJJ doesn't come back 17.
Thanks. I forgot about Conrad and Reimers. Makes sense that they will be given scholies.

And I did say those things back then. I know it's a grain of salt type thing; I frequently say that. However, it isn't a terrible indicator of the way things may be trending, and it's one of the only things I have to go on as a casual consumer of recruiting news.
I feel you. Just seemed like you felt it was set in stone. But you are right, that's usually all we have to go on, and right now he's trending away. Unlike many people here, though, I think he ultimately ends up at NU if the staff can win him over at the OV. The key for us at this juncture is to get him locked in for an OV. The same with Parsons, win him over enough for an OV, to advance to the "Next stage" if you will. You can't win the lottery unless you have a ticket.

I feel you. Just seemed like you felt it was set in stone. But you are right, that's usually all we have to go on, and right now he's trending away. Unlike many people here, though, I think he ultimately ends up at NU if the staff can win him over at the OV. The key for us at this juncture is to get him locked in for an OV. The same with Parsons, win him over enough for an OV, to advance to the "Next stage" if you will. You can't win the lottery unless you have a ticket.

I think both Griffith and Parsons are saying they will take OV's here. And you're right; it's still VERY early in the cycle, and those haven't happened yet. OV's go a long way towards getting a kid to sign on the dotted line.

Reactions: DukeOfSorrow
I think both Griffith and Parsons are saying they will take OV's here. And you're right; it's still VERY early in the cycle, and those haven't happened yet. OV's go a long way towards getting a kid to sign on the dotted line.
Yep, that's really all I'm saying. Getting to that next stage. These kids get 5 OVs, so if a school gets one, said school is presumably in the top 5. Guys like Lyndsey show us that if the coaches stick with them, you never know what can happen. (It also shows the tenaciousness recruiting effort of the coaches.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT