ADVERTISEMENT

So could Rhonda Rousey kick your butt

Man she's nasty too. Watched some of her old stuff, you can see the progress she's made, especially her striking.

That 3-rounder against Tate, Rousey was in trouble but Tate wasn't smart enough to stay out of the clinch. She rocked Rousey with some of those punches but when you grab a world class judo competitor...you're gonna have a bad time. She'd stun her with a good punch then try to tackle her and get slammed.

Great fight, but you could see Rousey was going to win unless Tate caught a lucky shot. Rousey set the stage perfectly with the knees, constantly leaning, restricting air, wearing on the opponent. That's how you get the arm in the 3rd from somebody who wouldn't give it to you in the 1st and 2nd.

Originally posted by Husk10:

I won't post it, but if you want to see what one of her arm bars looks like when you don't tap out, Google the first fight between her and Miesha Tate.

Tate refuses to tap and Rousey makes her arm "floppy" from the elbow down. Pretty gruesome.

Also, let it be known that Tate is the #3 ranked women in the world and the only person to go longer than round 1 with Rousey.
Just watched that one. Elbow isn't supposed to go that way. The crazy thing is that Tate doesn't stop. Her elbow is just backwards and she's still trying to go at it, it takes the ref being like, "Yeah your arm's backwards...we're done here."

This post was edited on 3/2 2:26 PM by TheBeav815

Originally posted by TheBeav815:

Originally posted by Husk10:

I won't post it, but if you want to see what one of her arm bars looks like when you don't tap out, Google the first fight between her and Miesha Tate.

Tate refuses to tap and Rousey makes her arm "floppy" from the elbow down. Pretty gruesome.

Also, let it be known that Tate is the #3 ranked women in the world and the only person to go longer than round 1 with Rousey.
Just watched that one. Elbow isn't supposed to go that way. The crazy thing is that Tate doesn't stop. Her elbow is just backwards and she's still trying to go at it, it takes the ref being like, "Yeah your arm's backwards...we're done here."

This post was edited on 3/2 2:26 PM by TheBeav815
Tate is a straight up tough person. Her most recent fight (maybe against Davis or Carmouche) she was done for in the first and ended up winning the decision. All heart. With that said, Rousey is the toughest gal on the planet.

She's tough for a chick, but fighting a man is way different. For you guys who can't run 3 miles in under 30 minutes or you're 5'10" 160 lbs and you haven't bench pressed your own weight since high school gym, she'll win easy. For others it may be more of a challenge for her.

Part of her training is routinely going against top professional male fighters who are close to,her weight. In a sanctioned match she would likely lose to those men because of the strength differences between men and women, but her level of skill would make for a good match with unranked lower level professionals. She would beat a good number of amateurs.

She would beat most untrained men regardless of when they last benched their own weight.

I'm kinda shocked by the utter lack of respect for a world-class judo blackbelt and champion.

Yeah here's one of her going up a against a man.

She does pretty good. But she doesn't even have any of the size advantages that most elite athletes do.

not bad for a girl

Originally posted by suhnami:

She does pretty good. But she doesn't even have any of the size advantages that most elite athletes do.
She looks gassed in that video. Not sure how indicative that is of anything.

I love it when people start making excuses.

Originally posted by Mtnhusker:
Depends, does she do Cross Fit?
1530301_10151814520316681_109981439_n.jpg

I love it when people start making excuses.
I've already said she wouldn't be able to beat up every dude, it's not an excuse. Yeah, the guy in the video handles her. It's also a video that is not even close to being the scenario we're talking about. He's not some random dude off the street who is strong but knows nothing about MMA. He's obviously an expert grappler and they're not fighting, they're doing grappling practice.

The real question is what's the crossover between strength and skill. How much of a strength gap does it take before a dude who knows nothing about fighting but is a brute could wreck somebody like her who isn't terribly strong but has a ton of technical knowledge.

It's a flawed question to begin with because you're not going to find a lot of dudes who would actually be willing to strike a woman.

Originally posted by red rover 70:
I'm kinda shocked by the utter lack of respect for a world-class judo blackbelt and champion.
Boxed since I was 6 yrs old, Krav Maga since the middle 90's. We have no need for belts. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT