ADVERTISEMENT

Skinny Bones

HuskerHusaria

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 4, 2017
Elkhorn, NE
I dunno if anyone likes going to Pumpkin Patches this time of year. But, this place was pretty great.

I grew up going to Roca Scary Farm, but it really lacked. It is what it is.

The goats and donkeys were cute. Massive turkey strutting around - probably how they get their giant smoked turkey legs.

Lots of cool slides. Bonfires were legit.

I challenge you to hit the hole in one at the corn cannon.

Last edited:
Its good for younger kids. Like Valas, the prices are getting a little on the rapey side, as in $4 for a 25c bottle of water.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Its good for younger kids. Like Valas, the prices are getting a little on the rapey side, as in $4 for a 25c bottle of water.
I have heard Skinny Bones is way better and cheaper for kids but like you said, I am sure it is going up in price.

Kind of related story, My kids wanted to go to scary acres this year but I hear it's actually pretty scary, so I wanted to test them. I said if they watched a part of a scary movie with me I'd consider it. We watched the opening 10 minutes of the new IT and afterwards my younger kid had no interest in scary acres lol.

Kind of related story, My kids wanted to go to scary acres this year but I hear it's actually pretty scary, so I wanted to test them. I said if they watched a part of a scary movie with me I'd consider it. We watched the opening 10 minutes of the new IT and afterwards my younger kid had no interest in scary acres lol.
My 12 yr old went to scary acres and 2 of his 12 yo friends starting crying and had to leave. My son said it was scary but he understood going in it's not real

FTW!

Reactions: salsa red
My son picked out IT from the book store when he was 10. I explained to him when he got it that it is very scary, and might be a little hard to read. If it is too much for you, we can set it down and start it up again when you are older.

I never heard the end of it from my Ex Wife. It was like I took him to a brothel with me or something.

• Wow
Reactions: NikkiSixx
My son picked out IT from the book store when he was 10. I explained to him when he got it that it is very scary, and might be a little hard to read. If it is too much for you, we can set it down and start it up again when you are older.

I never heard the end of it from my Ex Wife. It was like I took him to a brothel with me or something.
You should have let him pick your girl at a brothel instead .

Isn't there a preteen sex scene in the book?

Reactions: GretnaShawn

On a scale of 1-10, how annoying was your ex-wife?

On that same scale, how happy are you now that she is out of your life?

On a scale of 1-10, how annoying was your ex-wife?

On that same scale, how happy are you now that she is out of your life?
I'll throw this back at you. If that was your wife how annoyed would that make you?

No kids. The Wife and I carve a pumpkin each the night before Halloween. 8 bucks for a couple of good sized pumpkins. Couple of cheap dates we are.

IDK if they're including pumpkins for the kids in that price, if not you're getting dookied on.

Skinny bones has been the place to go for us with our grandkids the last few years. As the older boys get into middle school, might have to look elsewhere but it’s a good spot. Lots of great memories.

$100 at Skinny Bones for a family of 4. A bit cheaper ($60) during the week.
Go on a weeknight. $80 for a family of 4. Vala’s is a small theme park. No other Halloween attraction compares to it. I think Roca is superior to Skinny Bones. Vala’s is worth every penny if you go on a weeknight. The amount of investment in that attraction dwarfs all other pumpkin patches in the state combined. They put a scrambler carnival ride there this year. Last year they put a Disney-like ride with the model T cars that 4 can fit in. Their train ride is awesome. They have a magic show. Stay until after the sun goes down. I’ve been there probably a dozen times and never stayed after dark and it is really neat.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
My 12 yr old went to scary acres and 2 of his 12 yo friends starting crying and had to leave. My son said it was scary but he understood going in it's not real
Congrats on not raising a weakling like the other parents.

Lol... You'd be correct and I am at a 10 for finally being away from her
Good for you!

It is amazing how much better it feels! I am guessing you were miserable for...3-4 years of the marriage while you faked it?

What the heck do people do there?

You could take a family of 4 to Worlds of Fun for less than $100 right now.
It does seem silly, doesn't it?

My wife and I both come from farm families who are still actively farming. The problem for us, since we live in Omaha, is that they're both 3 hours away so we don't visit more than 6 times a year each.

Our kids get a very limited "country life" experience. At Skinny Bones they're on the jumping pillows, pet some goats, go through "scary acres", hackrack ride, different types of slides, pedal tractors tracks, corn maze. Really just running outdoors having fun with what they have out there.

It's an expensive, fun thing for our kiddos to do outdoors.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT