ADVERTISEMENT

Since USC and TCU are out of the playoffs....

The playoff committee loves Alabama. They will find a way to put them in over TCU.
not as much as it loves ohio st

this year will mark 2 out of 9 playoffs where ohiost backs in without competing for a conf title

will be the only P5 team in the country the committee has let in twice without earning it on the field

an obscene show of B1G bias

Last edited:
It would be funny just for the tears and arguments that would ensue if it happened but I think TCU is getting in. TCU has the better resume overall, plus the committee would have to justify why 2 loss Tennessee, who beat Bama head to head, is out.
The only damn reason why their ahead of the VOLS now is because they lost their QB for the season… That is a damn fact..

Reactions: moralvictories
Ohio State is pretty much a lock but not Bama
I am betting Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama and Georgia. After all it is called the Nick Saban Invitational. Have you seen the whacky bounces in the LSU vs Georgia game? If Tulane wins their game today against UCF are they the biggest surprise in college football?

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Depends on how far TCU drops in the ratings after their loss. A lot depends on how the other championship games turn out.

Bama being in would be awful. If you want a 2 loss team put in Clemson if they win tonight. At least they'll have won their conference. Bama has no great wins to offset not winning their league

1 UGA vs 4 ohiost (first P5 team ever to back in to the CFP twice without playing for conf title - talk about committee bias!)

2 mich vs 3 TCU

Anything’s possible, but I don’t think Alabama leapfrogs TCU. Any year in which Alabama got in with one loss, they were a helluva lot more deserving than this year’s Ohio State team. But Buckeyes will get the nod this time based on having only one loss.

I don’t think the committee puts its thumb on the scale for Alabama - not any more than for any other high-profile program. But we’ll see soon enough.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT