ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day reflection (USC, UCLA, and Miami)

rimsnef

Walk On
Oct 11, 2004
Just to put a smile on everyone's face, visit some of these forums. Don't post, just read. You can see these programs now entering the waters that Nebraska has been trying to get out of for the last 18 years. I just find it very interesting and it feels good to have some momentum in the world of recruiting.

The recruiting efforts have been good the past 2 years. North Carolina, South Carolina and Nebraska took those three programs' usual spots this cycle in the Top 20.

It is only more evidence that all top programs fall are capable of falling from grace.

The recruiting efforts have been good the past 2 years. North Carolina, South Carolina and Nebraska took those three programs' usual spots this cycle in the Top 20.

It is only more evidence that all top programs fall are capable of falling from grace.

?? Miami’s class is ranked 2 spots ahead of us - #16 - with 5 less recruits. ??

North Carolina is going to get turn around under Brown. They could own their division going forwards.

come on, don’t nit pick. Even I could tell he meant USC and UCLA more then anything. Yes, Miami ended up a couple spots above us. Hell, they are a big name team like our a Huskers and they are in Florida. They shouldn’t ever have issues with recruiting.

come on, don’t nit pick. Even I could tell he meant USC and UCLA more then anything. Yes, Miami ended up a couple spots above us. Hell, they are a big name team like our a Huskers and they are in Florida. They shouldn’t ever have issues with recruiting.

apologies ... I foolishly assumed that when he typed “USC, UCLA and Miami” he meant to include Miami with USC and UCLA

apologies ... I foolishly assumed that when he typed “USC, UCLA and Miami” he meant to include Miami with USC and UCLA

the OP did say that. This guy didn’t make it clear, agreed. But you can just tell in his post who he was talking about. Maybe the OP didn’t realize Miami had a solid class (like normal) and the other guy who responded wasn’t paying attention to that part and only the USC and UCLA part...or he meant to take out Miami and leave only USC and UCLA...so what. For me it was simple and easy to figure out what he was talking about.

Last edited:
the OP did say that. This guy didn’t make it clear, agreed. But you can just tell in his post who he was talking about. Maybe the OP didn’t realize Miami had a solid class (like normal) and the other guy who responded wasn’t paying attention to that part and only the USC and UCLA part...or he meant to take out Miami and leave only USC and UCLA...so what. For me it was simple and easy to figure out what he was talking about.
You're just digging the hole deeper.

Yikes, saw that yesterday and completely forgot they are currently ranked ahead of us.

Miami's play on the field has been so bad that I kind of just roped them into the falling from graces

Reactions: jlb321
He went 9-4 and 8-5 his last 2 years and he is one of the nicest most genuine people in coaching. Texas didnt deserve him.
One of the closest coaches to Tom Osborne in the last 30 years. He genuinely cared about his players and they almost always stayed for 4 years and graduated. I'm not ashamed to say that I rooted for Texas while he was there.

Reactions: timnsun
This is strange.

Of those the only one that is even remotely shocking is VT. I figured Fuente would do better.
USC and Baylor are to me. USC always pulls talent and they were decent this year. Baylor has recruited good under Rhule and this year they actually had a good season. Both can probably be chalked up to coaching uncertainty.

Memphis just lost their coach and there's lots of rumors about Baylor losing theirs. USC was a lock to fire their coach and then he won probably a game too many. Coaching stability is a BIG thing. Kids would like to know who their head coach is going to be.

but they all had long term contracts, shouldn’t that have told the recruits the coach isn’t going anywhere?? Just playing Dingle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT