ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - Rivals reporting tonight Raiola being retained ...

Was Milt Tenopir an outstanding offensive line coach? Many on this site will overwhelmingly agree. However we had him as our head coach in high school. We never had a winning season. He didn't do so well in Colorado when he was coaching high school there either. I played center for him and we got steamrolled by most teams. He left high school and became only a grad assistant at NU. As we know, he flourished from there. Give Riola a chance guys. The Golden Rhule knows what he is doing and I fully trust him as our Commander in Chief!!!
I can’t “love” your post enough. 👍👍👍👍👍

Reactions: ADV1
equal to his performance at NU

lots of sacks, lots of QB pressures, lots of negative runs

according to many none of those things are his fault, though, so I'm willing to give him 5-10 years before passing judgement
As a Bears fan I’m sure you realize that Raiola wasn’t their primary O line coach. He was an assistant O line coach who worked mostly with backups and practice squad guys. It’s a stretch to pin all of the Bears O line struggles on Raiola. But you knew that😉

As a Bears fan I’m sure you realize that Raiola wasn’t their primary O line coach. He was an assistant O line coach who worked mostly with backups and practice squad guys. It’s a stretch to pin all of the Bears O line struggles on Raiola. But you knew that😉
of course

like I said, not his fault

he's just a guy paid to make the OL good

You’re giving him way more years than I will to prove it. My sarcasm detection meter was flashing at me 🤣
we don't play anybody next year, similar to this year

coaching doesn't matter that much if we can get tons of high level players in the portal

Reactions: Bigred_b1624

coaching doesn't matter that much if we can get tons of high level players in the portal
Ummm I’ll give you Chin as an example of why coaching matters ALOT. You can probably get by with a mediocre assistant but you sure HAVE to have good coordinators. I just think we need to see more of aRaioka with a different OC and HC before we deep six him

We still rolling with that "we don't play anybody" rhetoric? We've averaged like 4 wins over the last 6 years.. I'm pretty sure we are the nobody's until we starting beating those so called nobodys

We still rolling with that "we don't play anybody" rhetoric? We've averaged like 4 wins over the last 6 years.. I'm pretty sure we are the nobody's until we starting beating those so called nobodys
us sucking doesn't magically make our opponents better

our opponents this year averaged 6.5 wins LOL. and that's with a 13-0 team mixed in!

we don't play anybody & still lose

Ummm I’ll give you Chin as an example of why coaching matters ALOT. You can probably get by with a mediocre assistant but you sure HAVE to have good coordinators. I just think we need to see more of aRaioka with a different OC and HC before we deep six him
yes I agree

he's only been paid to make 2 OLs better so far and luckily for us he showed improvement against a schedule that averaged 6.5 wins

even more lucky we somehow play an even worse schedule next year (THANK YOU, BILL MOOS & KEVIN WARREN!)

LOL. Anyone with a brain and even a tiny bit of knowledge of the game of football could tell this was the worst performing unit on the field last yr. and it really wasn't even close. reason(s) to excuse are just that....excuses. Injuries, personnel issues, etc.. happen on every team...every yr. Raiola shouldn't have ever been hired by Frost from the jump. He was never qualified to coach Oline here...just like Mickey was never qualified to be HC at Neb.
Strength and conditioning coach must factor in, too.

Raiola has only been here a year in rough conditions so it isnt enough sample size to say he’s bad. My question is whats he like on the recruiting trail? And thats a genuine question cuz i dont know and we need some horses.

It is a tad disappointing that with rhules supposed expertise with offensive line and his supposed connections that he didnt bring in a proven slam dunk experienced o line coach. Theres no doubt that would be preferable, but the jury should still be out on raiola.
i think the jury is not only still out, they left for the weekend

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT