ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - NIL top 100 list

so I guess in order for us to right the ship some alum who really loves Husker football is gonna have to shell out $1M + to change young Raiola's mind

Also, bananas how much CU is shelling out for the Sanders boys and Travis Hunter...good on them though...its yielding positive early results

Reactions: t7w0c1
This is not a surprise, but obviously we need to get some athletes in, that will command the money that will make top 100 if we wanna be competitive.

Where do they get those numbers?
have to ask On3, but I can't find a better metric for who may be getting paid how much. The key is the fact that our team ISN'T ON THIS LIST, ANYWHERE.

Clever users will filter this to 'football', and find that our top-paid athlete (or highest 'valued' athlete) is Carter Nelson, ranking in @ 91/100. Who hasn't played yet.

Also notice that most of the schools on there are generally Winning Programs. Weird...

Here's my point - we're f*cked without paying our players (specifically recruits) A LOT more, and if that doesn't change, it either reflects a fundamental flaw in our Athletic Dept in prioritizing it, or that of our beloved Fanbase in being either unable or unwilling to pony up.

In the meantime, lets all keep bitching about stuff that essentially only we ourselves are capable of fixing.

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
I'm still not donating a dime. I'd rather have a new mountain bike, or pellet smoker, or take a mtn bike vacay. Or buy groceries. Literally, anything, over giving some 18 y/o kid I don't know or have ever met, my hard earned money, so he can transfer as soon as somebody else offers him more next year.

Only exception to that would be if I hit some huge lottery but even then i'd prolly decide against it, as NIL goes against every fiber in my body. Not losing any sleep over it...and if others wish to do it, great, I'll enjoy the product/result on the field based on their donation, just don't come knockin on my door hat in hand....and I don't play the lottery so this entire second paragraph was dumb.

Exactly. I have a feeling nobody knows nothing.

It does seem like they are guessing. Plus the guys that they have listed making a ton of money seem to be getting paid on their last names

That being said, Matt rhule needs to go out and buy himself a few playmakers.

Exactly. I have a feeling nobody knows nothing.
Caleb Williams's father has said recently they'll consider keeping Caleb at USC if they don't like the situation he'd be drafted into as the #1 overall pick.

Said NIL gives him that option, and we see Caleb in national Subway commercials every Saturday

Bryce Young, this past year's top pick, is set to make just north of $9M this year

take that for what it's worth

Caleb Williams's father has said recently they'll consider keeping Caleb at USC if they don't like the situation he'd be drafted into as the #1 overall pick.

Said NIL gives him that option, and we see Caleb in national Subway commercials every Saturday

Bryce Young, this past year's top pick, is set to make just north of $9M this year

take that for what it's worth
It doesn't seem like smart financial move to not be the number #1 qb taken in the draft.

That being said, USC alumni have some very deep pockets, so maybe in this case it's better to stick around.

It doesn't seem like smart financial move to not be the number #1 qb taken in the draft.

That being said, USC alumni have some very deep pockets, so maybe in this case it's better to stick around.
here's a quote from Caleb's father to give you a glimpse into the thought process:

"The way the system is constructed, you go to the worst possible situation. The worst possible team, the worst organization in the league -- because of their desire for parity -- gets the first pick. So it's the gift and the curse. I mean, I've talked to Archie Manning -- his career was shot because he went to a horrible organization. I've talked to Lincoln [Riley], and Kyler [Murray] struggled because of where he was drafted. Baker [Mayfield] struggled mightily because of where he was drafted.

"The organizations matter. He's got two shots at the apple. So if there's not a good situation, the truth is, he can come back to school."

People say stuff like Caleb's dad all the time...think Burrow saying he wanted to sign a contract that would leave room for the team to sign their playmakers who's contracts are coming up...then proceed to do the exact opposite. This story always ends the same...with the player(s) grabbing the largest bag they can. He's coming out.

here's a quote from Caleb's father to give you a glimpse into the thought process:

"The way the system is constructed, you go to the worst possible situation. The worst possible team, the worst organization in the league -- because of their desire for parity -- gets the first pick. So it's the gift and the curse. I mean, I've talked to Archie Manning -- his career was shot because he went to a horrible organization. I've talked to Lincoln [Riley], and Kyler [Murray] struggled because of where he was drafted. Baker [Mayfield] struggled mightily because of where he was drafted.

"The organizations matter. He's got two shots at the apple. So if there's not a good situation, the truth is, he can come back to school."

Murray struggled because he 5'9 amd would rather play video games than watch film.

I'm not saying Williams senior is wrong. But it seems like a pretty big risk to take with what would be guaranteed money if he got hurt during his 2md bite at the apple.

I like that kids like have those options though.

depends on the organization. Williams is probably good enough to transcend a poorly run NFL team but if he isnt, he could be the next Andrew Luck who gets abused early and calls it quits. (I have no idea what Luck made in the NFL) but the 2nd contract is the moneybag for these guys, example Jalen Hurts.

People say stuff like Caleb's dad all the time...think Burrow saying he wanted to sign a contract that would leave room for the team to sign their playmakeers who's contracts are coming up...then proceed to do the exact opposite. This story always ends the same...with the player(s) grabbing the largest bag they can. He's coming out.
he referenced Archie Manning, who is the most recent and arguably successful in getting his kid (Eli) out of a bad situation and into a good one

forced a draft day trade because he and Eli said they'd flat out never even show up to work for the Chargers

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
depends on the organization. Williams is probably good enough to transcend a poorly run NFL team but if he isnt, he could be the next Andrew Luck who gets abused early and calls it quits. (I have no idea what Luck made in the NFL) but the 2nd contract is the moneybag for these guys, example Jalen Hurts.

#1 overall versus where Hurts went in the draft is not apples to apples.

he referenced Archie Manning, who is the most recent and arguably successful in getting his kid (Eli) out of a bad situation and into a good one

forced a draft day trade because he and Eli said they'd flat out never even show up to work for the Chargers

...and his other two examples are just shitty QB's. His dad sounds like kind of an idiot if you ask me.

I'm still not donating a dime. I'd rather have a new mountain bike, or pellet smoker, or take a mtn bike vacay. Or buy groceries. Literally, anything, over giving some 18 y/o kid I don't know or have ever met, my hard earned money, so he can transfer as soon as somebody else offers him more next year.

Only exception to that would be if I hit some huge lottery but even then i'd prolly decide against it, as NIL goes against every fiber in my body. Not losing any sleep over it...and if others wish to do it, great, I'll enjoy the product/result on the field based on their donation, just don't come knockin on my door hat in hand....and I don't play the lottery so this entire second paragraph was dumb.
don't disagree with a lot of what you've stated - I'm also done w/ gameday Saturdays and Thursdays and Fridays until we're not guaranteed to suck (we're guaranteed to suck this year)...

...but it's gonna keep on being the same thing, year in and year out, until we have some representation here.

Here's a truth no-one wants to hear - most championship teams find themselves an edge over average programs. I won't go so far as to call it cheating, but great baseball teams find effective ways to steal signs. In the 90's we turned a blind eye to (a lot of) our best players OVERTLY injecting steroids. They were 'roided as hell and everyone knows it. Teams have also been paying athletes under the table forever... AND WINNING. Until they get caught and get set back for a few years, only to find a better, more clever way to do the same.

Now, it's just Legal to do so. We've never overtly paid them, and now that we can, we don't.

No shit we suck.

Had to know it was only a matter of time before you found away to bash Rhule in this thread.

Consistent pot stirring professional.
lowest winning % for any team he's played for in his career was CAR

these are just facts. try and decouple your obvious bias for once. jeez, you're just like CNN.

Reactions: RothMatt
"It's personal"
Nebraska Football is personal.

without it, the state and its good, hardworking people would have zero identity and one less thing to build community around and take pride in.

Nebraska Football is who we are.

Reactions: WHCSC
You should do the same
I don't have a problem with rhule that he didn't bring about with his own actions. I have zero issue with him personally and I'm sure he's a very nice guy.

I was among the most vocally supportive of his hire and the way he went about his business this offseason.

I have a problem with people who don't do what they say they'll do - which is exactly what rhule's done so far. this, by the way, has nothing to do with wins and losses.

my criticism isn't out of the blue. and it doesn't please me in the least to see.

Last edited:
Nebraska Football is personal.

without it, the state and its good, hardworking people would have zero identity and one less thing to build community around and take pride in.

Nebraska Football is who we are.
I completely agree. It's all we have nationally.
Everyone needs to understand this and work together to bring it back no matter the cost.

Like what?
calling out grant on monday for not taking care of the ball, saying if you don't take care of the ball you don't play, and then handing him the ball in the most critical time during the game days later only for him to fumble.

dumbfounding.

calling out grant on monday for not taking care of the ball, saying if you don't take care of the ball you don't play, and then handing him the ball in the most critical time during the game days later only for him to fumble.

dumbfounding.
Seems that was corrected in week two. No grant.

We need to rid outselves of any NIL leadership that was involved with Frost. Don't need to mention names. Just isn't working out so far.

Seems that was corrected in week two. No grant.
right. one small step forward after a giant leap back. and I haven't harped on it since Saturday, as my record keeper @timnsun will tell you.

now, we'll see if it's corrected by way of Sims sitting this weekend.

He told you Sims was the starter.
yea.

another statement that contradicts his "if you don't take care of the ball, you can't play for us" mantra.

now, it seems, he's updated it to: "one player will play no matter what if healthy, but he needs to take care of the ball".

inconsistent, to say the least. and very disappointing for fans of honesty and conviction.

yea.

another statement that contradicts his "if you don't take care of the ball, you can't play for us" mantra.

now, it seems, he's updated it to: "one player will play no matter what if healthy, but he needs to take care of the ball".

inconsistent, to say the least. and very disappointing for fans of honesty and conviction.
There's no difference between benching your starting qb vs benching your third string rb?

There's no difference between benching your starting qb vs benching your third string rb?
no.

and especially not when the starting QB is an 8x offender while the 3rd string RB suffers the consequences for a single action.

Well, you're wrong.
you think it's okay for a serial offender to continue getting off scot free while a 1 timer sits in the hole?

must be a huge fan of what's going on in the white house, then (not political).

Reactions: Tetonia
you think it's okay for a serial offender to continue getting off scot free while a 1 timer sits in the hole?

must be a huge fan of what's going on in the white house, then (not political).
I think there's a gigantic difference between the starting quarterback and the third string running back.

For the record, I'd be happy to see HH get his shot.

I think there's a gigantic difference between the starting quarterback and the third string running back.

For the record, I'd be happy to see HH get his shot.
fair enough.

but you also cannot be upset when someone accurately labels that a double standard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT